Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hilarious mismatches in skill aka when the bullshit hits the fan

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
    We are now, persona non grata, after last time. Let us regroup.

    I have feedback on the testing of our last models' sex robot options. This could be big.

    Please, leave thy gin at home. There have been complaints and threats of exposure.
    We should make a still.

    Or some frozen jack-jack.

    With head ache remedy prepared, of course.

    For science.

    And solvent production.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
      We should make a still.

      Or some frozen jack-jack.

      With head ache remedy prepared, of course.

      For science.

      And solvent production.

      We have a still.

      Head aches, of the small head type, are no more.

      You should attend, the meetings, more.

      Slacker.
      Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

      http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

      Comment


        #18
        Here's a great one.
        https://youtu.be/3qcwxcDNJIk

        Comment


          #19
          Black karate pants and a black cutoff shirt was like the official outfit of the losing opponent for a while.

          Comment


            #20
            Tank Abbott vs John Matua:

            https://youtu.be/CUEBjo3fL_U

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Outis View Post
              Tank Abbott vs John Matua:

              https://youtu.be/CUEBjo3fL_U
              Yeah, that's a pretty clear mismatch but tank's super power wasn't ever skill. He was strong as an ox. Clumsy but he threw leather like a mad beast. He could wrestle a little but really his go to skill was punching the life out of people with those giant haymaker wrecking ball punches
              "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                Macias threw the fight.
                I read the same in some MMA history tome some years ago.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Outis View Post
                  I read the same in some MMA history tome some years ago.
                  Did he throw the Dan Severn fight too?
                  "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                    Did he throw the Dan Severn fight too?
                    No, Dan threw that fight, all over the octagon.

                    I actually met Anthony Macias at a judges conference years back. He did not seem to be remotely as crippled as I would have expected after that.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	chocando-con-hombre-fuerte.jpg
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	4331040


                      Do we all remember this good old one?

                      Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                      –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

                      Comment


                        #26
                        This one’s a classic: https://youtu.be/D6mMtHqXyYc

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                          No, Dan threw that fight, all over the octagon.

                          I actually met Anthony Macias at a judges conference years back. He did not seem to be remotely as crippled as I would have expected after that.
                          Exactly my point. I don't think Macias could have beat Taktarov on his own. WHat I think happened was he went to Taktarov and tried to negotiate a "Don't beat me to death like the last Sambo expert guy" agreement.
                          "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]18443[/ATTACH]


                            Do we all remember this good old one?

                            Geez, that's not even funny. That's just cruel. Its easier to laugh when a guy gets in over his head and thinks his Backyard Sool Do can take down a golden gloves boxer or college wrestling champ.

                            Edit: Yes, I'm either a new wave sexist or a Victorian era feminist with a double standard. I can deal with that. This still counts as a ridiculous mismatch clearly though. No training, no idea what to do. She just flailed her arms and got knocked the fuck out. I like how that little spit fire handled it in both directions. I wonder what kind of asshole set this fight up? On the one hand, it's very important to showcase these differences in skill to prove that this is REAL martial arts. Not some fake taebo shit. Even when it's some old gal that shouldn't be anywhere near a real fight. Then again, what made this picnic boss bitch think think she could hang with the the alley cats? These are the kinds of questions that reality TV should be tackling instead of pedo-enabling tiara chasing moms and Real dumb fuck drunk Housewives of Beverly Hills.
                            Last edited by Dung Beatles; 2/02/2020 7:53am, .
                            "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                              Geez, that's not even funny. That's just cruel. Its easier to laugh when a guy gets in over his head and thinks his Backyard Sool Do can take down a golden gloves boxer or college wrestling champ.

                              Edit: Yes, I'm either a new wave sexist or a Victorian era feminist with a double standard. I can deal with that. This still counts as a ridiculous mismatch clearly though. No training, no idea what to do. She just flailed her arms and got knocked the fuck out. I like how that little spit fire handled it in both directions. I wonder what kind of asshole set this fight up? On the one hand, it's very important to showcase these differences in skill to prove that this is REAL martial arts. Not some fake taebo shit. Even when it's some old gal that shouldn't be anywhere near a real fight. Then again, what made this picnic boss bitch think think she could hang with the the alley cats? These are the kinds of questions that reality TV should be tackling instead of pedo-enabling tiara chasing moms and Real dumb fuck drunk Housewives of Beverly Hills.
                              I hate when event promoters and/or coaches treat people like hamburger,

                              by arranging matches they have no business making.

                              Make no mistake, the promoter does that for their own gain,

                              in most cases does so knowingly,

                              and are scum of the earth for doing so.

                              This is a huge pet peeve of mine.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Jeebus, that should be criminal.

                                Here's a story I've not often told. I was once at a social event with a promoter/manager who has really tall hair, and his fighter who had a heavyweight belt. I asked if I could take just one punch, to say I did, and they were like "no, no way, you would be broken or dead." That's pretty much the opposite of that soccer mom vid.
                                Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X