Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Machado No-Spar Brown Belt(Ashton Kutcher) Spars Craig Jones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, never claimed to be an authority on any art, but I could if I wanted to. I said you can't lecture me on aliveness, because I've done far more alive arts than you. So suck it up, newbie.

Or, we go around in the circle game until you get tired again.
    I don't get tired, I've burned 800 kilocalories on this machine since I logged on.

Oh and fuck ranks. Almost forgot.

​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
      So suck it up, newbie.
      Yep I am 100% willing to admit due to life I have had to restart the Martial Art I like the most a number of times that has kept me more in the beginner stage than I should be.
      See how easy that is, instead of saying I have been doing Grappling for over 30 years(something that is true if you take the time I first started Judo till the fact that I am going to class tonight), yet its not true, because it hasn't been consecutive nor has it ever resulted in anything meaningful as far as proficiency.
      Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
      George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
        Yep I am 100% willing to admit due to life I have had to restart the Martial Art I like the most a number of times that has kept me more in the beginner stage than I should be.
        See how easy that is, instead of saying I have been doing Grappling for over 30 years(something that is true if you take the time I first started Judo till the fact that I am going to class tonight), yet its not true, because it hasn't been consecutive nor has it ever resulted in anything meaningful as far as proficiency.
        Wait, I thought you wanted ranks? You want to hear about "proficiency" surrounding "Aliveness"?? Well shit, here we go again.

For 11 years now, I have been the Baai Si disciple of a legitimate Hung Ga Kuen sifu who is also a USMC combat vet, H2H instructor, and dual licensed physical trainer, who has helped hundreds of people retain their mobility, using kung fu and anatomical science.

The best thing I've used that proficiency for was helping my Hung Kuen brother with facioscapulohumeral (FSHD) muscular dystrophy train in Shaolin qigong and the Tiger and Crane Double Pattern Fist, exercises that have allowed him to retain some of his upper body, and without which he would have been contained to a hospital bed.

Do you think I'm exaggerating now?

https://www.nqa.org/assets/NQA-Docs-...20-%20BIOS.pdf

This is before we even get to the full contact stuff. Man, you are straight out of a comic book.
        Last edited by W. Rabbit; 2/20/2020 9:14pm, .

Comment

Listen, if you attend ONE class of any "alive" martial art, and don't understand it thoroughly by the end of the class....maybe it's you, and not the art.

Now getting back to grappling....I just don't buy into your whole "I SUCK" mentality. Probably because I don't, and I don't have such self-confidence issues no matter who I'm rolling with.

Faux humility is for the birds and bullshidoka, Goodlun. It's one thing to be respectful to a teacher and empty your cup, it's another thing to never see the value of what's in your cup.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit
            Faux humility is for the birds and bullshidoka, Goodlun. It's one thing to be respectful to a teacher and empty your cup, it's another thing to never see the value of what's in your cup.
            Or maybe its understanding that anything under a purple belt in BJJ is still pretty much a beginner beginner.
            but also lol 1 class nonsense.
            I guess if that is the case I "understand" about 5 or 6 lineages of FMA, Western Boxing, Thai Boxing, American Kickboxing, JDK, Wrestling, SAMBO, Judo, Catch, MMA, shit the list goes on and on really.
            However 1 class doesn't mean shit, 10 classes doesn't mean shit, 10,000 classes doesn't matter.
            What matters is your proficiency.

Also stop talking up your instructors achievements, what matters are your own.

I have literally trained with some of the best of the best. That in itself doesn't mean shit about my proficiency.
            The only reason I bring up lineage for BJJ isn't to brag about instructors, but to inform about curriculum.
            Especially when talking about things like lower body submissions, that they where taught as a part of class vs getting my information off of YouTube.
            Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Comment

Or maybe its understanding that anything under a purple belt in BJJ is still pretty much a beginner beginner.
              but also lol 1 class nonsense.
              I guess if that is the case I "understand" about 5 or 6 lineages of FMA, Western Boxing, Thai Boxing, American Kickboxing, JDK, Wrestling, SAMBO, Judo, Catch, MMA, shit the list goes on and on really.
              However 1 class doesn't mean shit, 10 classes doesn't mean shit, 10,000 classes doesn't matter.
              What matters is your proficiency.

Also stop talking up your instructors achievements, what matters are your own.

I have literally trained with some of the best of the best. That in itself doesn't mean shit about my proficiency.
              The only reason I bring up lineage for BJJ isn't to brag about instructors, but to inform about curriculum.
              Especially when talking about things like lower body submissions, that they where taught as a part of class vs getting my information off of YouTube.
              So what you're saying is "fuck ranks"?

​​​Because if what matters most is proficiency, we are both in pretty good shape because we value aliveness the same way, even if we have different perceptions of dimension.

My sifu said it best. "There are no good masters, only varying degrees of poor".

He probably stole that from somewhere, but it was sooo Chiun.
              ​​​​​​
              ​​​​​

Comment

Speaking of which...you move like a pregnant yak.

Comment

Perhaps? I never claimed to be good

Comment

Chill out Remo.
                    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post

Chill out Remo.
                      I'm watching it right now. Again.

Wilford Brimley is still alive.

Chew ​​​on that, Friday.

Comment

I'm watching it right now. Again.

Wilford Brimley is still alive.

Chew ​​​on that, Friday.
                        I love that movie.
                        Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Perhaps? I never claimed to be good
                          I know your theme song.

​​​​​

Comment

Actually the real problem is I never watch myself move, I don't tape myself, I should it would be informative, maybe one of the open mats, I could.
                            It is going to be some time till buddy gets back from his work trip, but that would be the ideal person to film with at open mat away from everyone else.
                            I know it would be super helpful for him to see how shittily he moves lol

Comment

I pass the guard often, see my incredible technique below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1582330889300.jpg
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	4591851

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                                Does Keanu actually train, though, is the question, for me.
                                Yes. With martial arts, cars, and guns. lots of them.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X