Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Machado No-Spar Brown Belt(Ashton Kutcher) Spars Craig Jones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goodlun View Post

Because you don't understand aliveness?
    That would be hard to support considering every art I've trained in the last 25 years has been alive, and I have an amateur full contact record.

I understand aliveness better than most people here, based on the diversity of my exposure alone.

Que butthurt?

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post

I'm pretty up on the Transformer stuff these days. I had a gap for a little while though. I was up on it with my first two kids, but one is now 16 and the other is 13. They stopped watching them a few years ago. However, I now have a 4 year old who loves them. So I'm getting reeducated. He got 4 new transformers for his birthday yesterday which means I transformed each of them 4 or 5 times. The grimlock was a little lame though. When it went into a dinosaur, they could have done a better job with that one. He did get some kind of judge transformer that has a bunch of faces that spin around while it stands on what looks like cords of some sort. Like an octopus with a bunch of heads. Omniverse judge or something like that.

Rabbit will know.
      Quintessons.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
        I've trained in the last 25 years
        and yet what do you really have to show for it?

I am actually not trying to be too mean here, but you have been unable to prove you have any martial proficiency of note.
        So what do you think your boast actually means?

Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
        –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

That would be hard to support considering every art I've trained in the last 25 years has been alive, and I have an amateur full contact record.

I understand aliveness better than most people here, based on the diversity of my exposure alone.

Que butthurt?
          Que snicker.

Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

and yet what do you really have to show for it?

I am actually not trying to be too mean here, but you have been unable to prove you have any martial proficiency of note.
            So what do you think your boast actually means?
            It means I know more about "aliveness", in the Thornton sense, than 99% of this website's trolls. The 1%...Omega and Auslander, both of whom are part of my lineage, now.

What did it get me?

Peace of mind, for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post

How often is frequent enough? Even at the international level you rarely see full out sparring in training. Drills sure. Short time drills sure, but full 6min matches or even 3min rounds, nope. At that level, even with the much fuller "Ranking series" schedule that UWW has come up with now, you are only getting maybe a tourney a month and possibly a couple of club duels somewhere in between. Live training doesn't need to be a competition style match(and I would argue that the longevity difference between Judokas and Wrestlers leans heavily in favor wrestlers). In fact you will probably develop better by being put into bad situations that you have to fight out of within a limited time frame.

It is an element of the Gable method that more and more BJJ competitors and coaches are adopting. Bernardo Faria even released a BJJ fanatics instructional which is nothing more than the Gable method repackaged in BJJ clothing. Difference is you can get Dan Gable teaching it from USAWrestling for $15 and Bernardo charges $150(though I'm pretty sure Dan has actually trained more champions than Bernardo).
              I know. And I found that people hate training out of bad situations.

Like, keep getting over-hand gripped in Judo matches, and lose because of it. So, your coach goes over how to avoid them first, then how to effectively fight out of them, next.

He also designs short time drills (although I did not call them that) to work out of the various scenarios under pressure, eventually at full speed.

And everybody hates that shit. It is some new and unique form of torture I invented, LOL.

My son's wrestling coaches do the same thing. It's grueling. OK, we are gonna let this guy get most of the way through a cradle turn over, and start you there...

I avoided a lot of randori for my students, because we did not have numbers to afford the injuries. I kept getting told by the provincial coach "they need to do more randori". I resisted mightily. Because I knew what was going to happen...

Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Que butthurt?
                You have one full contact ammy match. Kudos

Seriously, kudos.

Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post

You have one full contact ammy match. Kudos

Seriously, kudos.
                  Best day of my life after kids born and Mrs. Rabbit saying "yes".

All three watched me try to tackle a cyborg (who, by the way, is now a good friend and a full fledged sifu in the tradition).

Technically, I have a 1-1 record. The guy I was supposed to fight second had already been concussed by a future MMA killer, and taken off the Lei Tai already, so I won by default.

I would have gone back at 40, but my family was convinced I might get killed. So far, Kuoshu has produced no deaths...in the United States at least. China is another matter, altogether.

Comment

It means I know more about "aliveness", in the Thornton sense, than 99% of this website's trolls. The 1%...Omega and Auslander, both of whom are part of my lineage, now.

What did it get me?

Peace of mind, for starters.
                    Reading this, Omega and Der are in the 1% of this site's trolls who know more about aliveness than your hard charging been practicing for twenty five years hard self.

Got it.

You do yourself no favors.

Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post

Reading this, Omega and Der are in the 1% of this site's trolls who know more about aliveness than your hard charging been practicing for twenty five years hard self.

Got it.

You do yourself no favors.
                      No, they really don't know more. We've all been beaten on, alive.

I've actually met Der, fought alongside his people, laughed with him. Studied him, and his fighters. How's your kung fu, Joe? Still training?

I don't need any favors from anybody at this point. I'm all set.

Comment

It means I know more about "aliveness", in the Thornton sense, than 99% of this website's trolls.
                        So you have never gotten beyond a beginner rank in any Martial Art and you some how think this more qualified than a number of other people whom have, very interesting.........
                        Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Comment

That's not true, and since you're in full troll mode again let me remind you again:

There are zero people on BS.net qualified to lecture me on aliveness. Z e r o.

The BJJ and judo black belts can lecture me on grappling all they want. Omega or Asia or Strikistanian on throwing fists. But not aliveness. I can dance without a script, son.

You are definitely not qualified, unless your FC exposure includes getting slammed in the face with fists. I've done years of 3 arts with that element.
                          ​​​​​​
                          Seriously, this is not your father's Bullshido. Whatever perch you think you're on, jump.

​​​​​​

​​​​​​

​​​​​
                          ​

Comment

That's not true​
                            Name an art you have more than a beginners rank in, the art and the rank.

FC exposure includes getting slammed in the face with fists.​​​​​​
                            ​​
                            Will you take both sticks and fists?

But seriously I already told you I am done debating aliveness with you I already know you don't know shit about it.

I just think your delusions are really funny is all.

That you actually think your beginner ranks in martial arts count for shit, not surprising at all though, you always way over blow your qualifications and participation in things.
                            You need to seek help about your fragile ego if you can't be honest with how little you have actually accomplished.

Comment

Name an art you have more than a beginners rank in, the art and the rank.

Will you take both sticks and fists?

But seriously I already told you I am done debating aliveness with you I already know you don't know shit about it.

I just think your delusions are really funny is all.

That you actually think your beginner ranks in martial arts count for shit, not surprising at all though, you always way over blow your qualifications and participation in things.
                              You need to seek help about your fragile ego if you can't be honest with how little you have actually accomplished.
                              Here we go again.

Yeah you're done debating with me because you lost.

Whatever you want to know about my MA ranks is all over Bullshido, but it's a mystery to you. If you want to doubt any of it, start a MABS thread.
                              ​​​​​​
                              Reading comp issue maybe? Probably, you haven't figured out your/you're yet. Lol ,"deluded" is you trying to write a comprehensible post.

Comment

Whatever you want to know about my MA ranks is all over Bullshido,
                                Meh don't care enough to go play that game, all I have seen out of you are beginner ranks so lol at you thinking that you are some sort of authority on any art you have studied.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X