Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Machado No-Spar Brown Belt(Ashton Kutcher) Spars Craig Jones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post

I definitely do not have as much experience as Rayce or you.

I should have been more clear, the point isn't to bear down on them like you're trying to hurt them. The point is to annoy, not cause lingering pain or bear down with any real force . It's not about compliance it's about getting the turtle to move, especially if they're baiting a RNC and turtling. Personally, I'd be more insulted by the RNC bait.
    You are not going to even get a blue belt to move by annoying them, let alone a world class grappler. Like for real, this is like driving your elbows in to open the guard instead of using structure.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post

Literally one of the attacks you have to worry about from a turtled opponent.
      Come on, I can't be the only person here who thinks turtling is fucking obnoxious. This is why people oil check. It's also shit self defense. I know, I know. I invoked the street. But fuck turtling.
      "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Come on, I can't be the only person here who thinks turtling is fucking obnoxious. This is why people oil check. It's also shit self defense. I know, I know. I invoked the street. But fuck turtling.
        Turtling is "defending yourself at all times," from a natural human perspective, and in the context of sport, it can sometimes buy you enough time. There are plenty of legit attacks from on top, some really nasty ones. I once drilled this cross-collar choke from on top in turtle that was fucking devastating, where you get the grips and then somersault forward. I don't think I could hit that, today, but turtling to me is a gift. It's like saying "hey, submit me." RNC, armbars, crucifix, etc.
        Being correct on the Internet is orders of magnitude easier than being correct in the Universe. Perhaps we should all concentrate more on the latter...

Comment

I don't find it obnoxious.
          I tend to not use it much myself as I tend to focus more on Sub Only rule sets, so I tend to not be worrying about going to turtle to prevent giving up passing points.
          Their are other reasons to go to turtle such as when you cannot turn into your opponent, their are some slick transitions out of turtle.
          As such as a method to get out of side control with a lot of top pressure, means its not completely shit for "Self defense"

Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Comment

Less about compliance and more about making the turtling guy move. The point is it's annoying and they'll be motivated to move around some.
            Again, what ever you think it would accomplish, it wouldn't. It would switch the high level black belt in to kill mode.
            The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post

Again, what ever you think it would accomplish, it wouldn't. It would switch the high level black belt in to kill mode.
              I will write that down in my black belt book of don'ts.

Comment

If you're being annoying by an opponent, you've already lost.

Turtles don't get annoyed, they go all the way down.
                '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Just out of curiosity how frequently do you roll with Black Belts?

Comment

I definitely do not have as much experience as Rayce or you.

I should have been more clear, the point isn't to bear down on them like you're trying to hurt them. The point is to annoy, not cause lingering pain or bear down with any real force . It's not about compliance it's about getting the turtle to move, especially if they're baiting a RNC and turtling. Personally, I'd be more insulted by the RNC bait.
                    That won't work on anybody who is serious.

Noob level tactics.

Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Straight knee locks are a whole other thing. You can hurt someone like that.
                      Pfft, try some expert KOB action and get back to me.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post

Just out of curiosity how frequently do you roll with Black Belts?
                        I'm not going to put on airs, man. I haven't been back to the gym in years. Fuck, I get winded going up stairs and I weigh about 110lbs. I will myself forward on withered leathery twigs.

Comment

Again, you can do it, just understand It will allow me to immediately Escape. It will also let me know you wanted to roll prison rules. There will be blood.
                          The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post

Pfft, try some expert KOB action and get back to me.
                            My normal rolling partners are so used to my pressure(the high level guys,) it's just part of their life now. I went to Philadelphia to balance HQ and was rolling with a high-ranking blue belt and I continually made him tap from back pressure breaking him down on the mat , NOB and body triangles.
                            He was a Marine Special Forces Operator/ Raider by trade. Until you build up an " immunity" to it even professional tough guys get their will broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post

My normal rolling partners are so used to my pressure(the high level guys,) it's just part of their life now. I went to Philadelphia to balance HQ and was rolling with a high-ranking blue belt and I continually made him tap from back pressure breaking him down on the mat , NOB and body triangles.
                              He was a Marine Special Forces Operator/ Raider by trade. Until you build up an " immunity" to it even professional tough guys get their will broken.
                              Iindeed...

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                                Danaher is a hell of a coach.

This match is really good in the sense that you can clearly hear Danaher's coaching all the way through, it sort of reminded me of a Rally Car drivers co-driver.

Its also interesting to see the amount of KOB(well KO_all sorts of things) that Gordon was using.

Comment

Working...
                                X