Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Machado No-Spar Brown Belt(Ashton Kutcher) Spars Craig Jones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    All right, I am going to clue you in on something.

You are a black belt from a legitimate lineage.

That means that if you want to call Rigan, or another black belt, or meet with them, to talk about your concerns about that person,

they will likely take your call and discuss the matter with you.

As a legitimate black belt, you will likely get that professional courtesy.

I do it in almost all of these matters, if I am interested in something.

I go meet with them if I can manage the travel.

Or, failing that I will do it over the phone, or FB video, or Skype video.
    The black belt in question isn't hurting anyone.... but he's really a blue belt/purple or so in knowledge and blue in practice.
    The dude lost his school, Essential the guy he hired to teach stole all his students and opened his own school.
    People voted he sucked with their dollars.
    The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
      The black belt in question isn't hurting anyone.... but he's really a blue belt/purple or so in knowledge and blue in practice.
      The dude lost his school, Essential the guy he hired to teach stole all his students and opened his own school.
      People voted he sucked with their dollars.
      All right, but if his promotion really bothered you,

as a black belt, you don't complain about that shit to the Bullshido rabble,

except to say to the public that you don't recommend him.

If his promotion bothers you, as a black belt,

you go meet with the other black belt who promoted him,

and have that conversation.

By the way, yeah this post may sting a tad,

but you are a thick skinned fully competent adult,

and you know it's true, when you think about it, so...

You know I say it as an old fart to the younger fart,

and with all the correct sincerity, and respect.

Comment

And...Relson's knowledge base was immense compared to your blue belt self, and is immense compared to your current black belt self, even given the advances of all the video and tape everyone can all review now of what everyone else is doing.
        Yes but my spinning lasso triangle is likely better than his. :-p

One of my favorite exchanges at a seminar was a kid asked "Relson, what do you think of De La Riva guard?"

Relson looked at him funny and said "De La Riva? I pass his guard easy." He meant the person.
        The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

One of my favorite exchanges at a seminar was a kid asked "Relson, what do you think of De La Riva guard?"

Relson looked at him funny and said "De La Riva? I pass his guard easy." He meant the person.
          That made me laugh out loud...
          Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 1/31/2020 1:21am, .

Comment

All right, but if his promotion really bothered you,

as a black belt, you don't complain about that shit to the Bullshido rabble,

except to say to the public that you don't recommend him.

If his promotion bothers you, as a black belt,

you go meet with the other black belt who promoted him,

and have that conversation.

By the way, yeah this post may sting a tad,

but you are a thick skinned fully competent adult,

and you know it's true, when you think about it, so...

You know I say it as an old fart to the younger fart,

and with all the correct sincerity, and respect.
            That's fair, if not for the totality of events surrounding him. I haven't heard his explanation because I find his actions inexcusable.

Comment

Sample of one, Rayce.

Also, individuals within BJJ are not static.

I have seen world champion BJJ black belts succumb to crippling injury, stroke, drug addiction, chronic disease, etc, and some of them are able to learn new games, and some never recover, and some die.

Age itself changes how we do things.
              By the way this guy we are talking about was a Rigan Machado brown belt when I was a brown belt. This isn't like he was once a bad ass black belt and then lost his touch. He sucked pre-promotion.
              I know him because he bought privates with my teacher several times a week for like a year. My teacher wouldn't give him a belt. My teacher was kinder to him than I would have been. I wouldn't have let him wear a brown belt in class.

Comment

By the way this guy we are talking about was a Rigan Machado brown belt when I was a brown belt. This isn't like he was once a bad ass black belt and then lost his touch. He sucked pre-promotion.
                I know him because he bought privates with my teacher several times a week for like a year. My teacher wouldn't give him a belt. My teacher was kinder to him than I would have been. I wouldn't have let him wear a brown belt in class.
                What is his age relative to yours?

Comment

What is his age relative to yours?
                  10 years older or so.

Comment

Well, I have met, and have talked to a fair number of the coral belts,

some of the red belts,

and a fair pie of purse grapplers and some of the pro MMA Jiu-Jitsu guys.

Rigan is, and has always been a sweet heart.

He was a fierce competitor, and a good teacher.

He is more good, compassionate, and perhaps too trusting, than is for his own good.

He has a sense of honor.

He is religious / spiritual.

He is not an administrator, and he is not hands on with administrative matters.

He shows up to show moves, and train people.

He leaves the other stuff to his employees, volunteers, and other black belts,

and he spends the rest of his time doing things related to...how to describe it...

things like catching the sunset, and active meditative experiences related to appreciating and experiencing the beauty of the universe around him.

But, he is not what I would call a complicated person, or a person that engages or invests in other people's complications or dramas.

I spoke to a very close friend of mine this morning about this.

He spent a few days with Rigan in Cyprus recently as they were both doing seminars at the same school.

He said pretty much the same as is contained in your post.

Very positive about his nature and the way he treats people.
                    King without a crown

Comment

10 years older or so.
                      By any chance, is this the same middle aged Rigan black belt in our area,

that also has a metal plate in his neck, and has had that neck injury for most of his Jiu-Jitsu career?

If so, I think I know who you are talking about.

Comment

By any chance, is this the same middle aged Rigan black belt in our area,

that also has a metal plate in his neck, and has had that neck injury for most of his Jiu-Jitsu career?

If so, I think I know who you are talking about.
                        Not to my knowledge. I believe his deal is he has/had some heart problems.

Standard practice for me is to crush the jaw to the throat if someone dips their chin on chokes. There's likely no way a neck plate wouldn't get brought up with someone I have rolled with extensively. I don't choke people with neck problems,really. I have no intrest in stopping someone from training for as long as they can.

I would be happy to tell you his name privately but I don't want to sick the interwebs on him so to speak. Everything I am claiming is an opinion, not a fact. A fact would be that blue belts smaller than him style on him. A positive note for him is my instructor says I am too hard on him in my opinion of his knowledge and skills, but we both agree he is not a "Team Balance" level black belt.

But because of this I don't think Rigan's promotions carry the weight of DeBlass,Carley Gracie(sp?) Drysdale,Fight Sports,ATT , Relson or Rickson for instance .
                        Last edited by Raycetpfl; 1/31/2020 8:57am, .

Comment

What's super funny is that I learned the De La Riva guard after reading that quote on your profile when you registered in 2015, and used it to great effect because I have long arms and a huge ass.

I don't even know its judo name. Maybe some black belt knows...

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                            What's super funny is that I learned the De La Riva guard after reading that quote on your profile when you registered in 2015, and used it to great effect because I have long arms and a huge ass.

I don't even know its judo name. Maybe some black belt knows...
                            To my knowledge, there is no known name for it.

Maybe in Japan, where it originated?

Positions other than finishing techniques typically are not named, not formally at least.
                            Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                              To my knowledge, there is no known name for it.

Maybe in Japan, where it originated?

Positions other than finishing techniques typically are not named, not formally at least.
                              I am just glad Maeda was able to show what he learned from the Gracies in Brazil so they could use it in Judo.

Comment

I am just glad Maeda was able to show what he learned from the Gracies in Brazil so they could use it in Judo.
                                I'm just glad the Gracies read a judo book and learned sankaku waza...
                                Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X