Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Machado No-Spar Brown Belt(Ashton Kutcher) Spars Craig Jones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    His feet are all over the place
    Some of that is Craig Jones ability to off balance people.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by gregaquaman View Post
      Not sure why they can't spar.
      Contractual most of the time.
      Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
        Rigan has gone on record saying that Ashton is on the level of a competitive Brown belt. Just saying.
        I hope armbars aren't part of his A game though ~7s.
        2018 Male Purple Belt Adult No Gi
        #2 Ranked Competitor - QBJJC

Comment

Its fun to watch Craig, he has his frames in place before Ashton even moves like 90% of the time.
          It also occurred to me that perhaps Ashton is trying to keep distance to use his Lanky ass reach, likely after trying to play a tight game with Craig. A tight game 100% will not work with Craig, in this case, neither will a long loose game cause nothing will work against Craig.

Comment

My point being though is a leg locker is always looking for that tight inside control, and Craig is always going to win that fight against someone lanky especially someone lanky and not world class. The best option is to play really far outside and to play loose. Ashton wasn't playing all that dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
              cause nothing will work against Craig.
              Kaynan disagrees ;-)
              2018 Male Purple Belt Adult No Gi
              #2 Ranked Competitor - QBJJC

Comment

Originally posted by cualltaigh View Post
                Kaynan disagrees ;-)
                I just want to pretend Kaynan isn't real, because no one should be that good

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                  What little legs he has. He really needs to get a movie part that requires some gym time, like a superhero gig or something. Bulk up this calves a bit.

There is something to be said for having a little meat on the bones..never saw a skeleton tap out anybody.
                  There are some pretty skinny world class grapplers out there. They do tend to be younger because you can’t hang around international weight classes for long without maximizing your weight to strength ratio.

Nevertheless, white belts never cease to entertain with their opinions.
                  Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Ashton does not move like a brown belt in that particular video clip.

A sample size of 1 for less than 3 minutes is hardly sufficient to pass judgment on anyone’s grappling ability.
                    Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                      Its fun to watch Craig, he has his frames in place before Ashton even moves like 90% of the time.
                      It also occurred to me that perhaps Ashton is trying to keep distance to use his Lanky ass reach, likely after trying to play a tight game with Craig. A tight game 100% will not work with Craig, in this case, neither will a long loose game cause nothing will work against Craig.
                      That is because Kutcher is telegraphing AF. It reminds me of me rolling with my 12yr old daughter. Maybe he was nervous. Maybe he hadn't warmed up yet. Maybe he's wrung out from snorting coke off of hookers' asses all night. However, you really can't put that performance down to "Its Craig Jones". I'll see if I can get footage of me rolling with Andre Galvao(I'm not sure if he'll agree to make it public) but I wasn't that awkward, and I was a newly minted blue belt.
                      Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

That is because Kutcher is telegraphing AF. It reminds me of me rolling with my 12yr old daughter. Maybe he was nervous. Maybe he hadn't warmed up yet. Maybe he's wrung out from snorting coke off of hookers' asses all night. However, you really can't put that performance down to "Its Craig Jones". I'll see if I can get footage of me rolling with Andre Galvao(I'm not sure if he'll agree to make it public) but I wasn't that awkward, and I was a newly minted blue belt.
                        Michael,

the other day, I visited the open mat of a long time friend of mine who had just moved his BJJ school location.

He is from a different lineage, and worse, I "outrank" him.

And my students have schools right down the road from him.

Most of the people on the mats were white belts, blue belts, and purple belts.

If you had video taped that open mat,

you would have seen his white belts, blue belts, and purple belts passing my guard easily, taking my back, getting into armlock positions on me, getting in choke positions on me.

You would have seen that I did not apply a submission on anyone, and if I got to a good position, I immediately returned to a bad or neutral one.

You would have seen me doing things that would have had the entire Internet gallery of "just know enough to talk shit about other people" pointing out everything that "I did wrong".

Which would be very funny, really because they were not understanding what was really happening.

Friendly training room rolls, particularly in many situations where one rolls with an honored guest, or one is the honored guest, are often far from death matches.

Now as another example, there are people that actually outclass me enough that the tipping point is reached, where it looks like I can do nothing, and in reality, in that rock, paper, scissors, I cannot do much.

And the video in that case would also be deceptive, and be misleading.

Because a tipping point beating does not mean the loser does not know much, or could not otherwise do much against many other opponents.

I quote the Bard regarding the controversies over this video, "Much Ado About Nothing."

Comment

I don't have a dog in this fight, I don't care about BJJ Belts, BJJ Belt politics, or what ever Rigan Machado is up to.
                          I don't care about Ashtons ability or lack of ability as he isn't someone I am looking to gleam grappling information off of like Jones.
                          However:
                          That is because Kutcher is telegraphing AF.
                          In part yes their is quite a bit of a delay from when Kucher sets a technique till he executes a technique and this is likely down to the lack of alive training, its not as route as just being route.
                          However also in part though when you roll with a really fucking good guy they have not given you a lot of options so they are very prepared for the action your about to take, and it looks and feels like they are reading your fucking mind.
                          Craig is doing some of this as well and you can see it, you can see it by the hooks he takes, by the structure he sets, and by the movements he is making.
                          I am sure if you go back and watch your roll with Andre Galvao you will see him set a lot of frames and hooks in advance of you starting your movement as well.

However, you really can't put that performance down to "Its Craig Jones".
                          What "performance" its a roll not competition, rolling is about training and learning their is no performance good or bad, it is what it is period.
                          Also yes I can put a lot of it on what was dictated by Jones. As I can actually see a lot of it, I can see the controls hes going for, I can see the off balancing. You can see that any gangly motherfucker is going to look bad.
                          Are some going to look better sure.

I'll see if I can get footage of me rolling with Andre Galvao(I'm not sure if he'll agree to make it public) but I wasn't that awkward, and I was a newly minted blue belt.
                          Cool so you want to compare someone with an athletic build, that was/is an athlete with a wrestling pedigree, to an actor, to what?
                          To feel better about yourself?
                          To say your the real and he is the shit?
                          What difference does it make?
                          But also please do upload it I am sure you look like shit, I am sure we all will sit here and go, oh that guy isn't a blue belt.
                          Cause that is how people look.

Watch Keenan roll with Craig:

Of course you can see Keenan is world class but you can see that he spends a lot of time being off balanced and looking kind of awkward for someone of his skill level.

vs him rolling with
                          Galvao

Where he stays more centered and looks the part.

So yes, maybe a part of it is that Craig does make people look goofy and awkward and you can see it with everyone he rolls with.

That is the only point, I don't know or care what level Ashton is, just that no matter what that level is, he is going to look a lot more freaking goofy and awkward rolling with Craig.

Comment

The absolute funniest, funniest part about this is...

Ashton Kutcher is an actor.

And, he has a well known sense of humor.

And, Craig Jones has a well known sense of humor.

And this video got released from a gym where obviously very, very strict controls are in place regarding celebrity videos getting released.

There is at least a fair chance this was an Andy Kaufman / Ashton Kutcher Punk'd style prank on the BJJ community,

that the peanut gallery ate, hook, line, and sinker.

And if that is case, one has to tip their hat to the Punk'd producer.

The guy is a very, very smart guy, who made a career out of convincingly playing goofuses.

Comment

And let me say again, children, the hardest and highest skill in our art is being able to convincingly throw a fight,

so convincingly that not even the guy who won, let alone the crowd, knows it was a work.

Now, that's high art, in the purse fight and purse grappling business.

Comment

Weren't/aren't you a very high level wrestler?

From my recollection, you even mentioned that Galvao invited you to his school because of how impressed he was with your wrestling. As such, I don't think you qualify as a typical new blue belt.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X