Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Machado No-Spar Brown Belt(Ashton Kutcher) Spars Craig Jones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machado No-Spar Brown Belt(Ashton Kutcher) Spars Craig Jones.

Sorry that this is a redirect to instagram. But I didn't feel like ripping the video, uploading it, and and then sharing it. Clearly this isn't a competitive roll. Anyway go ahead and fire away:
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/B7rstJj...ClIBFPkMFIRNPw
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Spaz fest.
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Meh, I don't care about this whole flow rolling celebraties thing at all.
      Also I have seen Craig Jones Leg Lock an Instructor at Dean Listers gym in seconds...... He is going to make a any non competitive brown belt look worse than they are. That isn't to say that the lack of skill doesn't shine through still....
      Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
      –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

I have personally seen Craig Jones step off a very long flight from Australia to the US,
        Go straight to a pro grappling tournament venue,
        Walk on the mats as the first match,
        And snap up a very talented pro grappler in a well locked in triangle in the first 30 seconds of the match.
        The guy is no slouch, and can roll easy or hard,
        And make a lot of even black belts look awkward,
        Because he is a sneaky submission artist,
        And I say that as a complement.
        Sneaky submission artists are like boxing southpaws,
        Once they rattle their opponents or rolling partners with a few sneaky subs,
        That rolling partner may feel like there is no safe place to put their limbs or work their regular chains, models, and games.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
          Meh, I don't care about this whole flow rolling celebraties thing at all.
          Also I have seen Craig Jones Leg Lock an Instructor at Dean Listers gym in seconds...... He is going to make a any non competitive brown belt look worse than they are. That isn't to say that the lack of skill doesn't shine through still....
          Rigan has gone on record saying that Ashton is on the level of a competitive Brown belt. Just saying.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
            Rigan has gone on record saying that Ashton is on the level of a competitive Brown belt. Just saying.
            Sure...................... There really is only one way to really prove that claim.
            I am not going to try and judge Ashton based off a roll with Craig Jones.
            Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Comment

Sure...................... There really is only one way to really prove that claim.
              I am not going to try and judge Ashton based off a roll with Craig Jones.
              Personally I have always thought it was a silly claim on Rigan's part.

Personally I find Ashton's stiffness and spaz concerning. It is a single video of less than 2min of a very light roll, so I'm not willing to make a firm conclusion based off it. However, it does raise concerns about the no-spar curriculum.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                However, it does raise concerns about the no-spar curriculum.
                Only if you plan on adopting it.....

I think most of us understand the importance of hard sparing, flow rolling, drilling, positional/situational rolling, competition rolling, and competition itself.
                That all of these things are important for different things and removing the use of said tools is going to have a negative impact.

Comment

What little legs he has. He really needs to get a movie part that requires some gym time, like a superhero gig or something. Bulk up this calves a bit.

There is something to be said for having a little meat on the bones..never saw a skeleton tap out anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                    ..never saw a skeleton tap out anybody.
                    I have been tapped out by some pretty little dudes and women, teenagers even, I have been freaking rolled up by some pretty small 16 year old blue belts.
                    Been rolled up by roaster weight teenager blue belts. Been rolled up by roaster weight men and women as well, especially if rolling with heal hooks.

Comment

I have been tapped out by some pretty little dudes and women, teenagers even, I have been freaking rolled up by some pretty small 16 year old blue belts.
                      Been rolled up by roaster weight teenager blue belts. Been rolled up by roaster weight men and women as well, especially if rolling with heal hooks.
                      Ever think you might just suck at BJJ?

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                        Ever think you might just suck at BJJ?
                        Think? I know it.
                        Yet, you put someone in front of me with no grappling experience and with in reasonable level of size and athleticism compared to me..... I am going to dominate any sort of grappling exchange, I know it cause I have repeatedly done it.
                        It is as close to a skills based art as one can be I think. Of course it does break down at the extreme ends of things, but most models do.

Comment

Think? I know it.
                          Yet, you put someone in front of me with no grappling experience and with in reasonable level of size and athleticism compared to me..... I am going to dominate any sort of grappling exchange, I know it cause I have repeatedly done it.
                          It is as close to a skills based art as one can be I think. Of course it does break down at the extreme ends of things, but most models do.
                          I'm willing to bet you'd dominate Ashton "Competitive Brown" Kutcher.

His feet are all over the place, anywhere but where they should be. That's my simpleton white belt sense speaking mind you, but if I learned anything from Judo and BJJ it's where my feet are planted (or not) that's often most important.

I think that's where Subs "spaz" comment came from. He's so busy using his upper limbs he's forgetting all about his lower ones.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                            Spaz feet.
                            FTFY.

Comment

Not sure why they can't spar. We have a female model that trains with us and has competed in kick boxing.

I think it is weirder that these celebrities get sold this idea than anyone trying to convince us.
                              Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
                              http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X