Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Klanadians, did your sissy nanny government make BJJ tournaments illegal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Klanadians, did your sissy nanny government make BJJ tournaments illegal?

Hey Klanadians, did your sissy nanny government make BJJ tournaments illegal, or classified as prize fighting?

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    Hey Klanadians, did your sissy nanny government make BJJ tournaments illegal, or classified as prize fighting?
    No, there is a local tournament to me in two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by lant3rn View Post
      No, there is a local tournament to me in two weeks.
      Where are you, province, wise,

and why are other Klanadians lying to me saying no more tournaments in Quebec?

Comment

He is Ontario.

Quebec is weird.
        Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

I'm in Ontario.

I can't speak for the crazy government in Quebec who continuously elect fascist-like provincial governments, that love coming up with new stupid rules telling people how they should behave for the good of the province and "true" Quebecers.

Comment

I'm in Ontario.

I can't speak for the crazy government in Quebec who continuously elect fascist-like provincial governments, that love coming up with new stupid rules telling people how they should behave for the good of the province and "true" Quebecers.
            Hmmm....

I wonder if your tournament is operating legally or to the contrary.

Good for them, either way.

And I was surprised at the other report,

as I had gone to coach some students in an IBJJF Montreal tournament just a few years back,

and enjoyed the snow, smoked meat, and other Klanadian delights.

Comment

Quebec deserves the third nuke.

Comment

Hmmm....

I wonder if your tournament is operating legally or to the contrary.

Good for them, either way.

And I was surprised at the other report,

as I had gone to coach some students in an IBJJF Montreal tournament just a few years back,

and enjoyed the snow, smoked meat, and other Klanadian delights.
                I know it's legal here in Ontario, I don't live near the border with Quebec.

I guess there is provision in the Canadian criminal code that says combat sports competitions are illegal unless sanctioned by the province that wishes to hold one. SInce 2017 Quebec now considers BJJ a combat sport, and won't sanction it. I did not know that until i looked it up just now.

Comment

I know it's legal here in Ontario, I don't live near the border with Quebec.

I guess there is provision in the Canadian criminal code that says combat sports competitions are illegal unless sanctioned by the province that wishes to hold one. SInce 2017 Quebec now considers BJJ a combat sport, and won't sanction it. I did not know that until i looked it up just now.
                  Prob to keep judo safe, lol.
                  Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

There was a misunderstanding between Montreal police and the BJJ community several years back. Apparently it's had a chilling effect on BJJ comps across the entire territory.

I wouldn't blame a "sissy nanny government". In fact the government is allegedly working on fixing the problem, legally. You know how that goes.

I'd blame the police for the situation. You will too, about 3-4 articles in.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                      There was a misunderstanding between Montreal police and the BJJ community several years back. Apparently it's had a chilling effect on BJJ comps across the entire territory.

I wouldn't blame a "sissy nanny government". In fact the government is allegedly working on fixing the problem, legally. You know how that goes.

I'd blame the police for the situation. You will too, about 3-4 articles in.
                      The police work for the government. You're just dedicated to licking that boot aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                        The police work for the government. You're just dedicated to licking that boot aren't you?
                        And this, is how I can tell you are 0.0 articles into the topic.

Read more.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X