McDojolife Is Crowdfunding For A Documentary About Fake Martial Arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McDojolife Is Crowdfunding For A Documentary About Fake Martial Arts

Shouldn't Bullshido be the ones doing this?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mcdojolife#/

Especially some of you old pricks who were actually there back in the day.

Then again, they could be doing a doco on current fake martial arts, of which we as a community have since abdicated.

Anyway, thought it worth discussion.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Originally posted by Devil
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
    I <3 Battlefields...

Link no worky.
    Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Who you calling old?

Comment

Lol - link works for me - so I am going to assume your senility has kicked in and you're just yelling at the link to "show your secrets link!!!"
        GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
        Originally posted by Devil
        I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
        Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
        I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Originally posted by battlefields View Post

Then again, they could be doing a doco on current fake martial arts, of which we as a community have since abdicated.

Try the quoted link. / issue?

I have no idea. Cause dinosaur.

Comment

Senility is a daily deal at this point.

Comment

We should crowdfund enough money on our own to make a single donation under the Bullshido name, as Executive Producer or something like that.
              Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                We should crowdfund enough money on our own to make a single donation under the Bullshido name, as Executive Producer or something like that.
                Even better, we should all support the effort and ask to be individually credited as Bullshido. So, the credit roll will be something like this

Supporting Folks:
                Bullshido
                Bullshido
                Bullshido
                Bullshido
                Bullshido
                Bullshido
                Bullshido
                Bullshido
                Bullshido
                Bullshido
                Bullshido
                Bullshido
                McDonald's Legal Team

Produced by:
                Bullshido
                Bullshido
                Bullshido

Executive Producer:
                Bullshido
                Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

I still have no idea how McDonalds hasn't gone after them.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                    All things considered, me either. My guess is because it is a single guy in Instagram.
                    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

It's not that we've abdicated, it's that I, personally, am working on other aspects of bullshit. "We" still cover it, but as we've always operated on people stepping up to fight the bullshit that they care about most, that's on you guys. My role is to provide a platform and support for that fight, not do it all myself. Go kick some ass, use what we've built here and our reputation to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by battlefields View Post

Well considering he cribs most of his stuff from the Bullshido Wiki and other old threads here, you would think we would get credited anyway. However, he's a millenial(sp intentional for the Latin lovers), and this is the age of the internet influencers and content creators so I highly doubt it.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

It's not that we've abdicated, it's that I, personally, am working on other aspects of bullshit. "We" still cover it, but as we've always operated on people stepping up to fight the bullshit that they care about most, that's on you guys. My role is to provide a platform and support for that fight, not do it all myself. Go kick some ass, use what we've built here and our reputation to do it.
                          Problem is it's all the same old bullshit. Ok so today instead of one Russian Grandmaster peddling two finger take downs and psychic bubbles that are oddly linked to a neopagan/Christian syncratic religion there are ten of them(I think weighing in excess of 400lb is a prereq for psychic bubble mastery).

Or the BHI BJJ guys who claim to be fire benders... well when they start actually bending fire we'll have what to talk about, but I cant see making a MABS thread about that, and my YMAS attempt was quickly derailed on some odd discussion of the differences between religious identity and ethnic identity. I was really hoping some Bully close to the guy would step up and ask the dude to singe him with a bic lighter like Pyro in the X-Men movies. Dude claims he can do it, this I wanted to see.

In conclusion calling BS on martial arts has kinda been done now. McDojolife is just a comedy feed of our beat moments.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                            Problem is it's all the same old bullshit. Ok so today instead of one Russian Grandmaster peddling two finger take downs and psychic bubbles that are oddly linked to a neopagan/Christian syncratic religion there are ten of them(I think weighing in excess of 400lb is a prereq for psychic bubble mastery).

Or the BHI BJJ guys who claim to be fire benders... well when they start actually bending fire we'll have what to talk about, but I cant see making a MABS thread about that, and my YMAS attempt was quickly derailed on some odd discussion of the differences between religious identity and ethnic identity. I was really hoping some Bully close to the guy would step up and ask the dude to singe him with a bic lighter like Pyro in the X-Men movies. Dude claims he can do it, this I wanted to see.

In conclusion calling BS on martial arts has kinda been done now. McDojolife is just a comedy feed of our beat moments.
                            Sure, you're right. That's a component of why I stopped giving a shit about picking on those low-hanging fruitcackes for much bigger and deadlier game—to mix the fuck out of the metaphors. That, and, you know, the existential threat to civilization posed by people who believe bullshit and vote accordingly.

That said though, if anyone wants to teabag that particular soy sauce as the Martial Arts BS editor, just start doing it. Don't suck, but otherwise, get some.

Comment

McDonald's has routinely lost court cases over the mere use of the "Mc" prefix in a number of countries. And it typically costs them big, especially when the defendant isn't selling food.

To have a chance, the defendant typically has to use some other McDonaldish emblem, like arches or burgers with a "Mc" prefix.

I think it'd be a hard sell for McDonalds to convince a judge that a Shinto torii would confuse customers. It's also clearly a parody.
                              Last edited by W. Rabbit; 1/24/2020 8:16pm, .
                              '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X