Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fat white belts shouldn't have to deal with this guy

LoL

Most white belts in this weight bracket are their cause they are a bit fat.
    Having to deal with a 250lb wall of functional muscle...... Its brutal.
    In some ways it feels like sandbagging but you can see from a technical standard he isn't a blue belt though he could likely compete with them.
    Good thing white belt competition doesn't mean shit other than to learn.

Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

They wouldn't have to deal with it if they just stopped being fat.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
      They wouldn't have to deal with it if they just stopped being fat.
      Being a white belt is a good start to that, one shouldn't judge a beginner in the gym for being fat.
      It takes time to go from being fat to not being fat.
      More time than it takes to get a Blue Belt.
      Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Comment

Part of beginning BJJ is learning how to deal with much larger and/or stronger opponents. I would argue that fat white belts absolutely should have to deal with this guy provided he wasn’t injuring everyone.
        Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

He seemed to have more skill than his opponents, on top of strength. He is already an elite athlete, with the work ethic to go with it.
          Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Just in case that it wasn't clear that my OP was mostly tongue in cheek by the opening lol and the closing Good thing white belt competition doesn't mean shit other than to learn.
            Though I have to admit I do still I kind of do feel a little bad for people showing up to a competition where they are very out classed, in something that is suppose to have some "class" structure to it, by skill, weight, and age.

I really see it in bad match making in Amateur MMA where you have a wide range from the mythical Accountant that does it as a hobby to the serious athlete looking to go pro. Though that is usually their own damn fault for taking those fights.

The biggest reason that I have my tongue in cheek is the constant complaining about "sandbagging" I hear and see online.

Comment

You guys are concerned about all the wrong things.

The important thing is that I don't have to grapple him.

Because I would be stalling like a mother fucker,

and using every cheap trick in the book.

That match would be like bull-fighting, not bull riding.

I'd be saying to myself, "get out of his way at all times".

And then trying to put all my weight directly on his head, with his head turned, if I got on top cross body.

I'd play the clock, go for cheap wrist locks and toe holds.

I'd stop at every opportunity to tie my belt slowly, and make sure it would fall off again.

If I got into a bad spot, I'd start giving him complements and coaching him,

and then say, "hey we're too close to those guys, let's move."

Yeah, that's right, I said, it motherfuckers.

Grapple-like-a-pussy.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                LoL

Most white belts in this weight bracket are their cause they are a bit fat.
                Having to deal with a 250lb wall of functional muscle...... Its brutal.
                In some ways it feels like sandbagging but you can see from a technical standard he isn't a blue belt though he could likely compete with them.
                Good thing white belt competition doesn't mean shit other than to learn.

He's Team Balance so I definitely don't think he's sand bagging.

This is his coach:

He out grappled Daniel Gracie in MMA.
                Last edited by Raycetpfl; 1/20/2020 1:28pm, .
                The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                  go for cheap wrist locks and toe holds.
                  DQed man, DQed the poor guy is a white belt.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                    DQed man, DQed the poor guy is a white belt.
                    I'm the king of getting DQ'ed.

I'm cheap, I'm old, and I don't give a fuck.

Comment

I'm the king of getting DQ'ed.

I'm cheap, I'm old, and I don't give a fuck.
                      As a matter of fact, I would heel hook him in a gi if it wasn't for the fact that I would not want those tree trucks entangled with my skinny ass legs.

Comment

As a matter of fact, I would heel hook him in a gi if it wasn't for the fact that I would not want those tree trucks entangled with my skinny ass legs.
                        And I would be grabbing his fingers as if I was trying to pull all his farts out of him.

Comment

Comment

I'd stop at every opportunity to tie my belt slowly, and make sure it would fall off again.
                            Also for the record I can't tell you how fucking hard I laughed at this, having seen world champions pull this tactic off as they stand their acting like they all of a sudden don't know how to tie their belt.
                            Its an amazing thing to watch.

Comment

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X