That is a reasonable guess,

but the Duck got too much pussy.

I was thinking Ant Man.
          Cloaca?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
            Robert Drysdale is quite the intellectual,

a fine historian,

and he can't be all bad, as he enjoys a fine cigar.
            I am awaiting, http://www.closedguardthemovie.com/
            I am a fairly big fan of Drysale back entries as well, its been a while since I have studied them, it wouldn't be a bad thing to hit up his nth dimension videos again, along with Halls back attacks and Danahers back attacks....
            However to Wit on why I shared that, is Drysdale did get quite a bit of credit for beating someone much smaller than him.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
              I am awaiting, http://www.closedguardthemovie.com/
              I am a fairly big fan of Drysale back entries as well, its been a while since I have studied them, it wouldn't be a bad thing to hit up his nth dimension videos again, along with Halls back attacks and Danahers back attacks....
              However to Wit on why I shared that, is Drysdale did get quite a bit of credit for beating someone much smaller than him.
              Lol

MEET GEORGE
              the unsung Gracie
              Arguably the father of modern MMA and yet his story hasnt been told. The goal of our film is to tell the story of everyone who made our beloved art a reality
              That made me laugh.
              George Gracie.

No, just no. Oh, he sang all right..

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                Robert Drysdale is quite the intellectual,

a fine historian,

and he can't be all bad, as he enjoys a fine cigar.
                1. He taught me lasso guard.

2. He is a really nice guy.

3. He is a coach and training partner of some of the best fighters that have ever done it.

4. He's a grappling world champ and undefeated MMA fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                  Wait a second! That smaller guy happens to be one of the goats that made it to the open weight finals of the ADCC and he strangled him with a quickness. It's not like he entered the Children's Division, started winning on advantage and then demanded a medal.

If I told you Marcelo Garcia was one of the greatest Grapplers of all time and only showed you the match where Drysdale strangled him you may have a hard time believing me. Drysdale is bigger but he made it look easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                    1. He taught me lasso guard.

2. He is a really nice guy.

3. He is a coach and training partner of some of the best fighters that have ever done it.

4. He's a grappling world champ and undefeated MMA fighter.
                    How dare you give the man compliments after I gave him compliments.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                      Prob not...
                      I do.....Unless I am the smaller guy.

Comment

Wait a second! That smaller guy happens to be one of the goats that made it to the open weight finals of the ADCC and he strangled him with a quickness. It's not like he entered the Children's Division, started winning on advantage and then demanded a medal.

If I told you Marcelo Garcia was one of the greatest Grapplers of all time and only showed you the match where Drysdale strangled him you may have a hard time believing me. Drysdale is bigger but he made it look easy.
                        Oh I know, I certainly wasn't making fun of either.
                        Its just one of the few instances where someone much bigger winning was celebrated by a lot of people.
                        I guess one could argue that Drysdale may have been considered the underdog.....
                        Clearly he was not.

Comment

What is kind of funny to me is how many of the people who are built like Drysdale in the BJJ community are fucking smart. Like crazy Smart.
                          Drysdale
                          Lister
                          Jocko
                          Mir

Comment

My very first BJJ tournament I showed up 5'7" 270lbs. I grew up on a farm, I know my way around weights, but I'm still fat regardless.

1st match: 6'4" 260lb dude. Single leg -> side control -> take the back until buzzer. Easy enough.

2nd match: 6'2 240lb NFL LINEBACKER WHO JUST RETIRED. Fuck. Literally grabbed my lapel and just pulled me to the ground. I kept 1/4 guard the entire time blocking him from mount until eventually I got sloppy and he took an armbar.

I think I had been training for a year at that point and it was a big IBJJF tournament. Never had more motivation in my life to lose weight.

Comment

Originally posted by ShodanEndeavor View Post
                              My very first BJJ tournament I showed up 5'7" 270lbs. I grew up on a farm, I know my way around weights, but I'm still fat regardless.

1st match: 6'4" 260lb dude. Single leg -> side control -> take the back until buzzer. Easy enough.

2nd match: 6'2 240lb NFL LINEBACKER WHO JUST RETIRED. Fuck. Literally grabbed my lapel and just pulled me to the ground. I kept 1/4 guard the entire time blocking him from mount until eventually I got sloppy and he took an armbar.

I think I had been training for a year at that point and it was a big IBJJF tournament. Never had more motivation in my life to lose weight.
                              The explosive power of (gridiron) football players, especially scrimmage linemen, is top shelf. When you consider the raw weight, speed, and energy players have to deal with, it's hard to think of another sport that compares, including BJJ.

I often wonder what the sport would be like if play was allowed after the tackle, and grappling for control of the ball was allowed like it is in a rugby ruck. Can you imagine the NFL with a ground game? That would be cool, imo.

Comment

I do.....Unless I am the smaller guy.
                                My judo coach was a fairly big guy, 6'4", 210 lbs. Competed at 209 lbs, but could get to 90 kg. Scary looking dude, for different reasons.

Back in those days, it wasn't unusual to have an open division in judo meets. He would usually enter, and would usually end up fighting a much smaller guy in finals, always a black belt, and never a pushover.

My coach usually won, and the fact that everyone would say "well,you are so much bigger than that guy" really pissed him off. One, he himself was damned good at judo, and prided himself on being highly technical.

2. It's insulting to the smaller man, because it implied that he should have beaten the hulking monster who relied on strength.

Some of those matches went the full time, and my coach often won on the ground, because the smaller, but highly skilled black belts, were almost impossible to throw.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X