Fat white belts shouldn't have to deal with this guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    If all that failed, I would use the technique Michael and I developed.

I’d just barf directly on his face.

Everybody taps when I do that.

And it really throws off their game the next time I have to grapple them.
    I can do that on demand, by the way.

If I want to break a motherfucker down, mentally,

I’ll barf on their face, right into their mouth, three grappling sessions in a row.

Each time, swearing and assuring them, it won’t happen again.

Comment

I can do that on demand, by the way.

If I want to break a motherfucker down, mentally,

I’ll barf on their face, right into their mouth, three grappling sessions in a row.

Each time, swearing and assuring them, it won’t happen again.
      I really feel like this is the ULTIMATE self defense trick
      Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
      –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
        I really feel like this is the ULTIMATE self defense trick

Comment

I remember like a decade and a half ago, I entered a pankration competition at 206lbs, where 200+ was the highest weight class. I was the smallest dude there and was totally manhandled in my first match. Just eating punches to the chest from mount and half guard. I heard the guy was a wrestler.

Comment

Whenever I demonstrate punch defense from the guard with one of best friends as my demonstration partner,

before I have invited him to start punching,

he will wait until I am looking at someone asking a question,

or am in the middle of saying something,

and he will slap me across my face.

Because that is what friends do, damn it.

And then we grapple like 10 year olds trying to slap each other as I try to make him pay for it.

All in front of the class, in the middle of teaching the technique to the room.

Because we're not very mature.

Which is ironic, I suppose, because we often are twice the age each of the average adult in the room.

Comment

You're funny.

You know nobody on Earth has 250lb of muscle, right?

LoL

Most white belts in this weight bracket are their cause they are a bit fat.
              Having to deal with a 250lb wall of functional muscle...... Its brutal.
              In some ways it feels like sandbagging but you can see from a technical standard he isn't a blue belt though he could likely compete with them.
              Good thing white belt competition doesn't mean shit other than to learn.

'“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

You guys are concerned about all the wrong things.

The important thing is that I don't have to grapple him.

Because I would be stalling like a mother fucker,

and using every cheap trick in the book.

That match would be like bull-fighting, not bull riding.

I'd be saying to myself, "get out of his way at all times".

And then trying to put all my weight directly on his head, with his head turned, if I got on top cross body.

I'd play the clock, go for cheap wrist locks and toe holds.

I'd stop at every opportunity to tie my belt slowly, and make sure it would fall off again.

If I got into a bad spot, I'd start giving him complements and coaching him,

and then say, "hey we're too close to those guys, let's move."

Yeah, that's right, I said, it motherfuckers.

Grapple-like-a-pussy.
                Tomoe Nage to Balloon Sweep, arm bar.
                Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                  STFU; You should have a colloquial understanding instead of being a dumb fuck that wants to try and take a pedantic approach to everything.
                  You fucking knew what I meant, like every other mother fucker on this site.
                  Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                    Tomoe Nage to Balloon Sweep, arm bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                      He's Team Balance so I definitely don't think he's sand bagging.

This is his coach:

He out grappled Daniel Gracie in MMA.
                      So, elite strength athlete training at elite school, vs hobbyists.

In age class, too?

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

STFU; You should have a colloquial understanding instead of being a dumb fuck that wants to try and take a pedantic approach to everything.
                        You fucking knew what I meant, like every other mother fucker on this site.
                        I just did the math in my head and realized what you claimed wasn't physically possible.

This is a skepticism site, remember. No holds barred.
                        '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                          You're funny.

The irony of you going literal on hyperbole...

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                            Balloon Sweep
                            I had to look that up, I don't play a lot of DLR.
                            Its pretty neat.

Comment

Once I got him in side control, I would pretend to go to sleep, and make loud snoring noises, like I used to do to all white belts.

Comment

I had to look that up, I don't play a lot of DLR.
                                Its pretty neat.
                                DLR was invented by Judo.

I rarely did DLR, but we drilled it.Hurts my knees. I always ended up in that judo leg/hip lock in the Katame No Kata.

More like kata eri grip, feet on hips, or both feet hooked inside.

Comment

Working...
                                X