Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seppuku Kata Video (Need Help Finding!)

Hey All,

Used to post here many years ago. Still training and now working on my PhD in Japanese History. I'm currently trying to write a paper on the theatricality and performative nature of martial arts and I was hoping to find a video that I feel like I remember being posted on the site once. I think it featured a kata of someone preparing to commit seppuku when the other practitioner walks up to them and prevents them from doing so by pinning them to the ground in some manner. Almost certainly it was some school of koryu jujutsu, but I have no way of narrowing it down to a likely suspect. If anyone can track down the video or point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated!

Mate if I were you i would try the folks at e-budo.com or one of the three koryu groups on FB, not this site

Comment

Originally posted by Moenstah View Post
      Mate if I were you i would try the folks at e-budo.com or one of the three koryu groups on FB, not this site
      I don't think I was posting anywhere else at the time so I'm pretty sure that I saw it here. Was hoping maybe one of the old-timers from back then was still around and would remember what exactly I was referring to. Nevertheless, I'll try those other forums as well.

Comment

Tried the tma/jma section of this website? Search?

Comment

Working...
        X