X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Training Sniglets

sniglet

noun

A sniglet (/ˈsnɪɡlɪt/) is an often humorous word made up to describe something for which no dictionary word exists.

https://tedium.co/2018/03/01/sniglet...-rich-hall/amp

So after my workout tonight I had some inspiration. I was a big fan of Rich Hall and Not Necessarily the News in the 80s (a competitor of SNL), and we used to love making up sniglets.

One of my favorites of all time was bevemirage: that black ring around the bottom of a soda bottle that tricks you into believing you have more left than you really do.

So I made up a few tonight, and plan to make more, but would love to see what some of the other funny people can think up.

saunanxiety

noun

The visible discomfort on the faces of many men packed a little too tightly in the sauna, as they all try not to make eye contact or accidentally touch.

Comment

steamroomgasm

noun

The strange and oddly masturbatory noises some people feel compelled to make in the steam room, as if the steam itself is massaging their taint, especially when combined with verbal exultations (e.g., "oooooooh heeeyeeeeaaah....mmmmmmmmnmhhhnnnn".

Not to be confused with actual steam shower masturbation.

Comment

furl

noun

A fool who curls in the squat rack.

verb

To foolishly curl while using the squat rack.

https://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=85689
        Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/07/2019 10:44pm, .

Comment

bactafunkup

noun

The sudden feeling of need for the nearest antiseptic hand soap dispenser.

Comment

scaleage.

noun

The visibly obvious stains of many feet on the single bathroom scale that everyone uses in the gym bathroom after doing who knows what, without wearing the proper footwear.

Comment

shampooge

noun

Mysterious viscous substance appearing on the walls and floors of community showers, especially in barracks or YMCAs.
              Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

fouwel

noun

Any towel used in the sauna, steam room, or to wipe down a machine or seat, and then accidentally used to wipe your face.

verb

The act of inadvertently wiping your face with a fouwel.

E.g. "aww shit I just fouweled myself again..."

Comment

skrimp -ed (pp) -ing (pt)

verb

The act of performing the bare minimum movement required to travel down the mats during BJJ warm-up "shrimping."
                  Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

bung ho (adj.) Enthusiastically full of shit.

That dude is all bung ho about his latest 9mm polymer pistol. It's basically a Glock, but he thinks it's a miracle gun.

Comment

budough

adjective

Out of shape, fat-ass.

noun

George Dillman.

Comment

cogma (n.)
                        A line of bullshit fed to underlings. [From dogma + cog (in the machine).]

We fed them the usual cogma about UFC rules being designed to make our nut-punching art ineffective. I can't believe they bought it.

Comment

triple leg

noun

A double leg takedown gone horribly wrong because a grappling partner shot with their head in straight ahead rather than to the side.

E.g.

"Did you see that boss double leg shoot?! SLAM!! BJJ wins again!!"

"No, that was the infamous triple leg takedown. He won't walk right for a week."

Comment

mashupitsu

noun

The martial art practiced by the most martial artists in the world, with at least one Japanese influence.

E.g.

"SO, what you train in?"

"Eh, it's a mashupitsu, mostly".

Comment

As a guy who thoroughly enjoys groaners and dad jokes, I just want to say these are mostly terrible.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X