Active shooter Pensacola, NAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Active shooter Pensacola, NAS

As of right now, local new is reporting that there was an active shooter event going on at Pensacola Naval Air Station. The shooter has been killed. So far up to 11 people wounded and one death is being reported.

We haven't heard of a motive or method right now. Bad week for US Naval bases.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Most recent information says that the shooter was in flight training and is in the Saudi Arabian military. No statements on if it is terrorism related or not.

Two Escambia County Sherriff's officers were shot when they engaged the shooter, but are doing fine.

Three people dead including the shooter.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      Most recent information says that the shooter was in flight training and is in the Saudi Arabian military. No statements on if it is terrorism related or not.

Two Escambia County Sherriff's officers were shot when they engaged the shooter, but are doing fine.

Three people dead including the shooter.
      Hard to follow, information in the press is spotty as shit. I've seen 4 dead up to 6 dead. Multiple hospitals took in up to a dozen victims.

And, we still know dick about the NOLA thing, as well. It's almost like a conspiracy to keep the information out of the press. Seems like most times, we are already crawling through Facebook posts and Twitter archives, these two are surprisingly quiet, no?
      Being correct on the Internet is orders of magnitude easier than being correct in the Universe. Perhaps we should all concentrate more on the latter...

Comment

Yep, it's pretty weird. I'm hearing a lot but I have friends and family who work on base and all through local law enforcement.

Yes, it's 4 dead now. One died after being transported to the hospital. They have also taken another person into custody but not sure what those circumstances are. May just be for questioning.

Confirmed that the shooter used a pistol but not what kind. Also should be noted that he wasn't authorized to have a pistol as firearms are not authorized to carry on NAS Pensacola. It's a gun free zone. And they do random checks of all vehicles coming and going through those gates.
        Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
          Yep, it's pretty weird. I'm hearing a lot but I have friends and family who work on base and all through local law enforcement.

Yes, it's 4 dead now. One died after being transported to the hospital. They have also taken another person into custody but not sure what those circumstances are. May just be for questioning.

Confirmed that the shooter used a pistol but not what kind. Also should be noted that he wasn't authorized to have a pistol as firearms are not authorized to carry on NAS Pensacola. It's a gun free zone. And they do random checks of all vehicles coming and going through those gates.
          This is one thing I never understood. When I was AD during the early 90's, the bases were basically gun free zones. Except for the people who were carrying guns on duty, which were pretty much the same people who would be bringing personal guns on base. Used to have to get a chit to get your gun checked at the gate and delivered to your command armory, I imagine it's pretty much the same thing, now. But, this is one place where common sense kinda says "everyone should be armed at all times." I remember countries we docked where we were required to be armed in order to leave the ship...
          Being correct on the Internet is orders of magnitude easier than being correct in the Universe. Perhaps we should all concentrate more on the latter...

Comment

Yeah, I don't really understand why the military personnel can't be armed. I get civilians. There are portions of Pensacola NAS that are open to the public, like where the Naval Air Museum is. And the national cemetery. But to go past those areas into the main base, you have another checkpoint to go through.

Not allowing military to have firearms, even concealed or in their vehicles is stupid, to me.
            Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Comment

Working...
            X