Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spiritual Super Soldiers...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by AprilRains View Post
    It's from Harry Potter, that thing you mentioned. It's a derogatory reference to non-magical people. Some people in that universe fear that magical blood will become diluted unless it is kept pure. It's probably a clumsy parable about racism in our world.
    The purebloods are an ethnic minority forced into seclusion.

    Their culture is appropriated and mocked into Halloween caricatures.

    The tale is told from the viewpoint of the winning oppressors.

    Tom Riddle was cast as a monster and many false accusations, rumors, and stereotypes were used against him,

    All because he stood up to the man, and said wizards did not have to hide, deny their true abilities, and should be allowed to use their merits to their own advantage.

    Comment


      #32
      Mongrel?
      Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

      http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
        The purebloods are an ethnic minority forced into seclusion.

        Their culture is appropriated and mocked into Halloween caricatures.

        The tale is told from the viewpoint of the winning oppressors.

        Tom Riddle was cast as a monster and many false accusations, rumors, and stereotypes were used against him,

        All because he stood up to the man, and said wizards did not have to hide, deny their true abilities, and should be allowed to use their merits to their own advantage.
        Well, I guess I'm a Slytherin now. That happened kind of fast.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
          WTF are you talking about?

          Anyone who wants to hold to the 13 tennents of Jewish faith that are common across all mainstream Jewish denominations, as far as I'm concerned, can say they are religiously Jewish.

          To be an ethnic Jew, you don't have to be religious... its an ethnicity. Anne Frank, Ben Gurion, Golda Meir, Ruth Bader Ginsburg... all Jewish(ethnic) all atheist(religion). Is this starting to make sense yet?
          Ok so if to be ethnically Jewish is not based on genetics or religious values,... what makes someone ethnically Jewish? Pedigree? Like a golden retriever from a registered breeder?

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by AprilRains View Post
            It's from Harry Potter, that thing you mentioned. It's a derogatory reference to non-magical people. Some people in that universe fear that magical blood will become diluted unless it is kept pure. It's probably a clumsy parable about racism in our world.
            Ah, well it's been a while since I actually watched them.

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
              Ah, well it's been a while since I actually watched them.
              Yeah, who reads anymore, amirite?

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by AprilRains View Post
                Well, I guess I'm a Slytherin now. That happened kind of fast.
                Still, it's probably good to separate two issues: Blood purity, and the liberty of wizards to achieve their ambitions.

                Tom Riddle was dead right about liberty. Wizards cringing obligingly from the great world has led to a cloistered magical world which has failed to develop a reasonable economy, nuclear weapons, or any of the other things they need to avoid being a joke.

                Blood purity? I'd need some data. Hermione Granger's success suggests that mudbloods can be skilled wizards. Of course, one swallow does not a summer make; I'd want to see statistics on the parentage of magically gifted children before I concluded anything. I think Riddle just used blood purity as a wedge issue to form the Death Eaters and make them do his will.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by lant3rn View Post
                  Ok so if to be ethnically Jewish is not based on genetics or religious values,... what makes someone ethnically Jewish? Pedigree? Like a golden retriever from a registered breeder?
                  The ability to make brisket. For this reason, I am not permitted to make brisket for any holiday.

                  Nope, that right is reserved for my ethnically Jewish family, and for reasons that are probably thousands of years old.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                    The ability to make brisket. For this reason, I am not permitted to make brisket for any holiday.

                    Nope, that right is reserved for my ethnically Jewish family, and for reasons that are probably thousands of years old.
                    You've been an incapable chicken shit loser for thousands of years?

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
                      You've been an incapable chicken shit loser for thousands of years?
                      I love you too.

                      Love, now there's an essential Jewish concept.

                      Deuteronomy 10:19: Ve-ahavtem et hager ki gerim hayitem be-eretz mitzrayim (“Love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt”).

                      Happy Thanksgiving, jive turkey.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                        The ability to make brisket.
                        TIL Texans are ethnically Jewish.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by AprilRains View Post
                          TIL Texans are ethnically Jewish.
                          There have been Jews in Texas since the 16th century, but I'm not going to tackle whether Ashkenazi brisket is superior to Texan BBQ. I've seen that future timeline, and that thread goes off into the 8th Dimension, and gets at least three people banned.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Yippie-chai-yay!

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                              I love you too.
                              Love, now there's an essential Jewish concept.
                              Deuteronomy 10:19: Ve-ahavtem et hager ki gerim hayitem be-eretz mitzrayim
                              Shut the fuck up. The only thing you love is being stupid, cunty and fat.
                              Fat stupid cunt.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
                                Shut the fuck up. The only thing you love is being stupid, cunty and fat.
                                Fat stupid cunt.
                                You seriously need some of that Super Soldier Activation thermokinesis mentioned in the OP.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X