Let's compare injuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's compare injuries

For the shear fact that I have acquired time to kill... and yes, I probably am a clumsy twat before anyone says it but here goes (bruises and minor scrapes don't count):

25 years training. ITF TKD, MMA, BJJ, JJJ
    • Broken 5th metatarsal- both feet
    • 2 broken toes
    • ACL partial tears, both knees
    • Torn ligament in right ankle (that one took over a year to heal...)
    • Fractured skull
    • Chipped tooth
    • Broken right thumb
    • Tendonitis of supraspinatus in right shoulder (fuck kimuras!) steroids cured that one.
    • Broken ribs (lost count)
    • Choked unconscious twice (but never knocked out :) )
    • undiagnosed neck injury in 1997 which lead to long term neck spasms (kicked sideways in the neck)

Do martial arts they said.... be healthy they said....
    Last edited by gold_ax666; 10/23/2019 9:06am, . Reason: Can't handle spelling mistakes

Well I'm not a MMA fighter so my injuries are mild in comparison. Broken bone in right hand. Broken heel. Tis about it for martial arts injuries, now mountain biking is a different story.

Comment

Holy, shit! Don't get Gonzo started again. Maybe I'll just go find his and post them up for him. Mine are minor in comparison:

Broken almost every toe. Mostly on the creases in the old blue Velcro mats
      Had multiple concussions. Between kickboxing and Rugby, about 12.
      Broke my nose about 8 times or so.
      Busted lips.
      Caulifower in my left ear. doesn't look too bad but make my glasses sit side ways and have to wear ear buds everything else doesn't fit over my ear.
      Broken ribs.
      Complete tear of my right ACL, torn meniscus tendon, sheered the bone off my medial femoral condyle, torn meniscus in my left knee, resulting in a permanent limp, knee brace, cane, and disabled parking pass
      Broken bone in foot.

So, not too bad relatively. Now, if I would have taken up chess instead of fighting......
      Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

tore meniscus twice requiring surgery twice

Blew out MCL twice.

Completely ruptured my AC joint

Broke fingers and toes to the point where I don't even count them and I had a nasty case of turf toe that was worse than all the breaks for like a year and a half.

Broken and bruised ribs 10 or 50 times?

Ko'd a handful of times.

Dealing with some back problems right now.

Wrist problems

Arthritis is starting to set in here and there.

snapped some tendons in my ankle.

I have had my elbow popped.

neck pain
        The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
          tore meniscus twice requiring surgery twice

Blew out MCL twice.

Completely ruptured my AC joint

Broke fingers and toes to the point where I don't even count them and I had a nasty case of turf toe that was worse than all the breaks for like a year and a half.

Broken and bruised ribs 10 or 50 times?

Ko'd a handful of times.

Dealing with some back problems right now.

Wrist problems

Arthritis is starting to set in here and there.

snapped some tendons in my ankle.

I have had my elbow popped.

neck pain
          Welcome to the club, old man...
          Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Martial arts related, only? I'm definitely the loser in this competition.

Repeated broken pinky toes. Bursitis. Torn adductors. One time, I thought I broke a floater, but it turned out to be just a muscle tear in my rib cage. That still took about 2 months to heal, tho. I can still hear the popping sound it made, which - combined with my inability to walk or sit - was what led me to believe it was broken. Generic low-level joint pain, everywhere (thank you, BJJ!).
            Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Four concussions. Absolutely fucked neck. Partially torn labrum. Fractured foot (x2). Hematoma right to the fucking eye socket. Mild osteoarthritis in my fingers. Tendonitis. I'm still terrible at all of this and mildly uncertain if I'll ever train properly again.i wrecked my body in the first half of my 20s and have almost nothing to show for it. I feel like a fucking retard.

Comment

Sometimes I think I actually came off lightly considering we had no mats and fought/grappled on hard concrete floors, we had no protective equipment and fought bare knuckle, and we had little real decent instruction and half what we did was crap taken from crap movies or crap books... Then I realize that I am 51 and can barely walk and can barely sleep without pain and can no longer do most of all the athletic stuff it took so many years to learn how to do, and... F*ck it. I really should have instead taken up drugs or something less harmful like that.

About 39 years of training.

My injuries:
                Three crushed/necrotic disks in my backbone
                Misaligned spine
                Over a dozen stitches from strike-cuts on my face alone
                Broken nose
                Broken tooth
                Displaced meniscus in both knees
                Dislocated collarbone
                One dislocated thumb, one dislocated little finger, two dislocated toes
                Cracked rib
                Collapsed ankle
                Torn ligament in the other ankle
                Worn-out hip
                Three concussions (one a one-punch knockout, another a grappling lift-n-slam onto the neck, another a knockout from a punch slamming my head against the floor)
                One choke-out
                Arthritis deformation in half of my fingers

Comment

Hydrocele

Nocturia

Artificial sweetener-induced diarrhea

Swollen biceps

Downs Syndrome
                  Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                    Artificial sweetener-induced diarrhea
                    You’re on the diarrhoea tea?

I’m so damn scared I’m going to have Parkinson’s when I’m older - walked into many a door.
                    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Why do we do it...?

Comment

A little girl called me a mean name on the playground once but the jokes on her. I really did have sexual relations with her mom.
                        "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

My hair hurts. What's left of it.
                          Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Never been seriously hurt doing martial arts. Lots of bruises and blisters over the years, a little rotator cuff tendonitis, that’s about it. Got arthritic hips now, unsure if that’s from various physical activities or just destiny.

Comment

I’m not writing all that shit out only to have it used against me at the next Austin Throwdown. Actually, I know I’m not that important. I’m just to lazy to type it all up.

I have been choked unconscious more times than I could count when I was a white belt. Total wrestler mentality back then.

“This choke won’t work on me! I can get out! I can . . .” *snore*
                              Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X