Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Do you know what bothers me most other than the music? The smiling.

It's like you can sense the mutual self gratification.

"Oh man your skills are so solid you totally just disarmed me! Hahahah let us laugh like fools".

Just like the old adage that it's not gay unless you make eye contact, it's not good training if everyone is giggling like a girl at a K-Pop concert.

All good martial arts training requires a good war face. I learned that from R. Lee Ermey (RIP).

You get properly throw in Judo or BJJ you don't smile. You look like nothing fucking happened and you ask for more mat.
    The thing I hated the most was when they didn't turn their hips over when they kick. As soon as I saw that, I knew it was basically garage wrestling.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post

Or you get to actually know guys like that and you realize the shit they say in private and they all believe their one of the baddest motherfuckers on the planet.
      Has the correct. If operators don't talk around you, it isn't because they are humble, it's because they know you are not one of them, won't understand where they are coming from, and don't want to waste time trying to explain it to you.

Real operators are like UFC champs, you don't get there without truly believing you are the best. If you truly believe you are the best, it's not your ego, it's your personality.
      Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by Sovvolf View Post
        Getting hit hurts. Fighting hurts. It's not pretty and you can't prepare for it playing happy slap. That said I don't prepare for that. I learn martial arts because it's a fun way to pass the time on an evening and I get to fight other like minded people on an evening to let off some steam. I don't get into street fights often and I don't train for that... because the idea of that is silly. The few street fights I've been on, I've come out on top because I know how to fight and the other fellow didn't. Not by doing some self defence step by step movements but just approaching like it was just another fight like I do near enough every day at the gym (Well a sparring match more than a fight but you get the idea).
        I spent a lot of time getting hurt in my training because of that ideal "need to prepare" thing, and yeah, it's bunk, unnecessary if you are not in it to be a pro or a serious competitor. BUT I think you DO need to experience a minimum of it just to become AWARE of the reality of combat. And once you become aware you can define your personal limits and set the parameters for safe training. I wish I had understood it earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
          You know it as soon as the music intended to make it seem more badass than it is kicks in.
          https://youtu.be/j3BuvyG9gDo?t=27
          Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Originally posted by Sovvolf View Post
            Their ability to be able to fight is purely coincidental...
            Yes, it's precisely where boxing and grappling training coincide with being a member of the IDF.

Where is Rabbi T. when we need him.

Comment

A mall ninja thinks I am mean for telling the truth. :-(

A fake martial artist steals money from him for 4 years pretending to teach him to fight.....He was "creating a family environment."

Alvarez BJJ- 1118 W Harris Rd #102, Arlington, TX 76001

Bjj was blocks away and he chose to play fake jewish commando....
              Speak for yourself keyboard commando. I apologize of I hurt your ego.

Comment

A mall ninja thinks I am mean for telling the truth. :-(

A fake martial artist steals money from him for 4 years pretending to teach him to fight.....He was "creating a family environment."

Alvarez BJJ- 1118 W Harris Rd #102, Arlington, TX 76001

Bjj was blocks away and he chose to play fake jewish commando....
                Go easy bro. You act like he is some dude that dresses up in plate carrier and tactical pants to teach civilians home defense with firearms.
                Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X