Thinking about coming out of retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about coming out of retirement

I think I might be suffering from a second mid-life crisis. My fighters posted a Muay Thai tournament and I was thinking about taking my first kickboxing match in nearly 20 years. What you guys think?

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I think I might be suffering from a second mid-life crisis. My fighters posted a Muay Thai tournament and I was thinking about taking my first kickboxing match in nearly 20 years. What you guys think?
    Keep the brains and neurological function that you have left.

Comment

I know that after 24 years, I'm not in condition for any serious competition, but you're the only one who knows if you've kept up with your training and cardio. I do know that I want to be physically able to enjoy my retirement/
      I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Comment

What are you, around 50 now? Granted, you've stayed in good shape.

Why by the kickboxing rule set? I figure you'd want to be able to use the throws and submissions if you're going back into the game.

aside

Thinking about rebuilding a motorcycle nobody else in the family wants to see back on the road. Cause mid-life crisis.

and

What gonzo said.
        Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
          Keep the brains and neurological function that you have left.
          Brains? According to my daughter I have no cells left. I might just try sparring with my team to figure this out. I've got 3 weeks.

What are you, around 50 now? Granted, you've stayed in good shape.

Why by the kickboxing rule set? I figure you'd want to be able to use the throws and submissions if you're going back into the game.
          It was just a tournament they put on the facebook page. I figured I feel younger than I thought I would feel at 50 so why not?

Comment

Last edited by Detritus667; 9/20/2019 12:08pm, .

Comment

Brains? According to my daughter I have no cells left. I might just try sparring with my team to figure this out. I've got 3 weeks.

It was just a tournament they put on the facebook page. I figured I feel younger than I thought I would feel at 50 so why not?
              Do it! Enter with a walker and play it up big time. Entrance music? Trying to think of something from the Grand Torino soundtrack.
              Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Any chance you're from Australia and his name is Brian?

Comment

I am going to have to agree with Gonzo.

Don't do it.

Grappling, yeah, go for it. You can compete in age/weight classes in BJJ, Judo, etc.
                  Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Any chance you're from Australia and his name is Brian?
                    Sorry but nope...

Comment

Fortune Favors the bold.

Comment

I say go for it. You've still got the skills and ability to take on a lot of younger fighters. I'd just say make sure you come in in the best shape of your life endurance-wise and you'll clean house at a lot of regional or even national level kickboxing orgs.

Comment

So, Omega, how are your reflexes these days ?

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                            So, Omega, how are your reflexes these days ?
                            I believe they're fine.

Comment

I believe they're fine.
                              And reaction time, compared to say, 20 years ago ?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X