Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rener's new sweatshirt, legit or just for nuttriders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rener's new sweatshirt, legit or just for nuttriders?

So, I saw that Rener just decided to take over the sweatshirt world now. The Gracie plan of taking over the world is slowly progressing. I saw this on facebook and figured Rayce has a dozen by now. So maybe he can review?

I mean, it's a cool concept. The sweatshirt turns into a backpack. This keeps you from having to embarrass yourselves by tying it around your waist.

I was going to get one but it was like $55 after shipping. Then I remembered I live in Florida.

https://www.bjjee.com/articles/rener...hirtback-pack/
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

I mean, it's a cool idea for places where you might need such a thing.
    It's overpriced to the level "Gracie profit margins", but it is a cool idea.
    I will not be purchasing one. And I am a huge fan of Rener, but he has a successful martial arts school, a number of MMA fighters that he trains, and a fairly regular successful business doing appearances and seminars.

He doesn't need any more of my money.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
      So, I saw that Rener just decided to take over the sweatshirt world now. The Gracie plan of taking over the world is slowly progressing. I saw this on facebook and figured Rayce has a dozen by now. So maybe he can review?

I mean, it's a cool concept. The sweatshirt turns into a backpack. This keeps you from having to embarrass yourselves by tying it around your waist.

I was going to get one but it was like $55 after shipping. Then I remembered I live in Florida.

https://www.bjjee.com/articles/rener...hirtback-pack/
      not quite Jiu jitsu nerdy enough for me. I have one of these though.http://store.jitsugi.com/Gold-Weave-...BLUE_p_44.html

Comment

If you're going to do this, why not just carry around a small backpack with a sweater, then throw in whatever the fuck else you might want to take along at the time as well?

Maybe it's just me living in a climate that is like, non "sweater" weather for 9 months out of the year.
        GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
        Originally posted by Devil
        I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
        Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
        I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Originally posted by battlefields View Post
          Maybe it's just me living in a climate that is like, non "sweater" weather for 9 months out of the year.
          9 months? Lol, we're deep into the middle of ''winter'' and it's going to be 26C (79F) today. Hardly sweater weather
          2018 Male Purple Belt Adult No Gi
          #2 Ranked Competitor - QBJJC

Comment

If you're going to do this, why not just carry around a small backpack with a sweater, then throw in whatever the fuck else you might want to take along at the time as well?

Yeah..... in my neck of the woods we have four seasons. Sweat shirts are only needed to sneak food into the movie theater or get shot as a teen for wanting skittles.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
              not quite Jiu jitsu nerdy enough for me. I have one of these though.http://store.jitsugi.com/Gold-Weave-...BLUE_p_44.html
              That’s pretty cool.
              Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Where I live, up in the panhandle we frequently will have 20 degree temp changes in the winter months. Where it will be 45 degrees in the morning and 65 in the afternoon. Then back to chilli in the evening. I leave sweatshirts all over the place from wearing them in the morning and then forgetting them somewhere when I don’t need them in the afternoon. So I would probably like one of these but the tiny shoulder straps remind me of the backpacks the little Japanese kids wore all the time when I lived in japan. So for that reason, I’m out.
                Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Comment

Originally posted by cualltaigh View Post
                  9 months? Lol, we're deep into the middle of ''winter'' and it's going to be 26C (79F) today. Hardly sweater weather
                  Yeah, that's sweater weather for me.
                  GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                  Originally posted by Devil
                  I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                  Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                  I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

To put things into perspective, Brisbane (Battlefields) is about the same distance from the equator as Tampa. The sunny coast (me) is about the same as West Palm Beach from the equator. Very similar climates.
                    2018 Male Purple Belt Adult No Gi
                    #2 Ranked Competitor - QBJJC

Comment

Originally posted by cualltaigh View Post
                      To put things into perspective, Brisbane (Battlefields) is about the same distance from the equator as Tampa. The sunny coast (me) is about the same as West Palm Beach from the equator. Very similar climates.
                      Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                          Naga has (had?) these too. I had one, was pretty fun to wear... idk what happened to it.

Comment

"I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Originally posted by Lily View Post
                              Men should seriously consider wearing a sports bra. You can stick a credit card down there and voila, hands free and the benefits of being aerodynamic . Car keys stay in the car, I don’t bother locking my car. House keys stay in a fake rock in my garden. Sweater Backpacks are for losers.
                              Post forwarded to Battlefields.
                              Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X