Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intro

Ok I'll give this one more shot. Hi, my name is Jason and I'm an insurance adjudicator originally from Maryland. I work in and round the DC/I495 corridor, kind of a road warrior. I created an account on Bullshido years ago that I lost somehow back around 2011. Instead I started following the FB page, just lurking. Not really one to chat a lot online, I recently got super bored and decided to join the new FB group. Holy shit, the fireworks were the most amusement I've had since Myspace.

Anyho, I decided to try to get back into my old account but gave up and created this one. It's a portmanteau of "boss man" and the original Number of the Beast from Revelations. Sounded appropriate for BULLSHIDO. I remember a Newbietown spot and wanted to post a quick bio but can't find it. Already got trolled in a couple threads and am now totally confused about what the trolls are even saying. So this is the thread to set me straight. Do your worst but please keep it here. I know the drill with hazing Newbies.

Martial arts wise, I have some karate point sparring experience and I'm signing up for MMA/bjj lessons after I reach my fitness goals for the summer (lose 20lbs, up my runs to 10 miles). It's fucking wet and hot in "the Swamp" this time of year, it was over 95 yesterday with flash storms.
    Last edited by Jefe616; 6/30/2019 7:30am, .

Welcome back.

Tell me more about insurance adjudication. Should we hate you, love you or consider you a necessary evil?
    Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
      Welcome back.

Tell me more about insurance adjudication. Should we hate you, love you or consider you a necessary evil?
      Hey Joe. I'm pretty sure I'm quitting that job soon. I question it every day it's kind a souless work. Basically my job is to decide how much you need to pay out of pocket for shit, after all your other coverages factor in, and whether or not you even qualify for what your coverage said, like if you lied to the police in an accident or submitted a fraudulent claim. He hard part is most people don't do anything like that but still come up really short and get a huge bill. Since ACA it's been hit and miss. Lots of poor people just above the poverty multiplier who don't qualify for medicaid or local assistance now have coverage and of course if they can't pay, there are ways to get help if you are truly needy. It sucks for the middle class folks who have coverages up to 60-80% and for a costly procedure still get a Whopper of a bill and no such luck going down to the state welfare office. It sucks showing people their numbers sometimes they even cry or threaten me.

Local accountant firms are always hiring good numbers people for the back-office. Thinking of getting my CPA so I can crunch numbers and give people better news than "yeah well you have decent coverage but the overage is still gonna run you $10,000". Soul sucking job. I hate it, but someone has to do it. Rather give it to some younger yuppie without a conscience to bother them.

I went to school for psych. That was a huge mistake. Job prospects were nil.

Comment

Some positive news though, I am leaving tomorrow for a long awaited vacation to Rwanda. Anyone been there before, let me know some good off beat spots to visit. I already have a basic course of places to hit but wouldn't mind adding some more. 3 weeks of African sun, baby. I can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefe616 View Post
          Some positive news though, I am leaving tomorrow for a long awaited vacation to Rwanda. Anyone been there before, let me know some good off beat spots to visit. I already have a basic course of places to hit but wouldn't mind adding some more. 3 weeks of African sun, baby. I can't wait.
          Should be a lot cooler than DC.
          Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
            Should be a lot cooler than DC.
            cause so many people full of hot air
            Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Ok I'll give this one more shot. Hi, my name is Jason and I'm an insurance adjudicator originally from Maryland. I work in and round the DC/I495 corridor, kind of a road warrior. I created an account on Bullshido years ago that I lost somehow back around 2011. Instead I started following the FB page, just lurking. Not really one to chat a lot online, I recently got super bored and decided to join the new FB group. Holy shit, the fireworks were the most amusement I've had since Myspace.

Anyho, I decided to try to get back into my old account but gave up and created this one. It's a portmanteau of "boss man" and the original Number of the Beast from Revelations. Sounded appropriate for BULLSHIDO. I remember a Newbietown spot and wanted to post a quick bio but can't find it. Already got trolled in a couple threads and am now totally confused about what the trolls are even saying. So this is the thread to set me straight. Do your worst but please keep it here. I know the drill with hazing Newbies.

Martial arts wise, I have some karate point sparring experience and I'm signing up for MMA/bjj lessons after I reach my fitness goals for the summer (lose 20lbs, up my runs to 10 miles). It's fucking wet and hot in "the Swamp" this time of year, it was over 95 yesterday with flash storms.
              Welcome and welcome back.

You will experiance a minor fazing period during which you will be called Wrabbit.

This will pass as it did with Dung Beatle.

You will then have to choose if you enjoy being around a bunch of arseholes being arseholes to each other whilst trying to sound as intelligent as possible.

If you are very very lucky somebody will offer to fight you over a difference of oppinion and we will all regale over such an offer for months until it peters out into pure chi energy.

And so it goes on this thing of ours.
              King without a crown

Comment

Hey Joe. I'm pretty sure I'm quitting that job soon. I question it every day it's kind a souless work. Basically my job is to decide how much you need to pay out of pocket for shit, after all your other coverages factor in, and whether or not you even qualify for what your coverage said, like if you lied to the police in an accident or submitted a fraudulent claim. He hard part is most people don't do anything like that but still come up really short and get a huge bill. Since ACA it's been hit and miss. Lots of poor people just above the poverty multiplier who don't qualify for medicaid or local assistance now have coverage and of course if they can't pay, there are ways to get help if you are truly needy. It sucks for the middle class folks who have coverages up to 60-80% and for a costly procedure still get a Whopper of a bill and no such luck going down to the state welfare office. It sucks showing people their numbers sometimes they even cry or threaten me.

Local accountant firms are always hiring good numbers people for the back-office. Thinking of getting my CPA so I can crunch numbers and give people better news than "yeah well you have decent coverage but the overage is still gonna run you $10,000". Soul sucking job. I hate it, but someone has to do it. Rather give it to some younger yuppie without a conscience to bother them.

I went to school for psych. That was a huge mistake. Job prospects were nil.
                Sounds like a cake job, to me. Could be way worse. Does it pay well with good benefits?
                Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by PDA View Post
                  Welcome and welcome back.

You will experiance a minor fazing period during which you will be called Wrabbit.

This will pass as it did with Dung Beatle.

You will then have to choose if you enjoy being around a bunch of arseholes being arseholes to each other whilst trying to sound as intelligent as possible.

If you are very very lucky somebody will offer to fight you over a difference of oppinion and we will all regale over such an offer for months until it peters out into pure chi energy.

And so it goes on this thing of ours.

Accurate other than the spelling mistake.
                  GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                  Originally posted by Devil
                  I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                  Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                  I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                    cause so many people full of hot air
                    Slight elevation difference as well.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by battlefields View Post
                      Accurate other than the spelling mistake.
                      My spelling mistakes are intentional.

They help me identify who is gay and who is not .
                      King without a crown

Comment

Originally posted by PDA View Post
                        My spelling mistakes are intentional.

They help me identify who is gay and who is not .
                        Only to find out it was you who was gay all along.

A heartwarming and non-homophobic tale.
                        GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                        Originally posted by Devil
                        I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                        Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                        I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
                          Sounds like a cake job, to me. Could be way worse. Does it pay well with good benefits?
                          No but it covers the essentials like all the cheap ass vacations I need to keep my head on.

Greetings from New Mexico! It's fuckin hot here.

Comment

No but it covers the essentials like all the cheap ass vacations I need to keep my head on.

Congrats, your way ahead of most of the population, then.
                            Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

How was Africa ?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X