Worst Excuse for Losing Fight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst Excuse for Losing Fight?

Simple thread premise: What's the worst excuse you've ever heard anyone give for losing a fight? It could be any context, competition or Street.

Rudy Abel's famous "ear grind" comes to mind.

My favorite, though, is William Cheung's excuse for losing to Emin Boztepe:

Cheung claimed that Boztepe must've had padding underneath his shirt, because his punches from the bottom had no effect on Boztepe's body.
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

I didn't fight back.

In my defence, there were a few of them and one of the guys was a kickboxing champ who was known for wearing steel capped boots.

EDIT AND CONCLUSION: So they kicked the shit out of me at a New Years Eve party when I was like 17 and peaking off my dial on ecstacy. It was kinda fucked up cause I was up the coast about 100km away and they literally hunted me down.

At the time I considered myself to be a pacifist (don't do drugs, kids) and decided it was going to be better that I didn't fight back. I was punched and kicked and tackled to the ground, then punched and kicked a bit more, but in the end, I imagine they just weren't getting the satisfaction from doing it to someone who wasn't engaging. So a good strategy?

Anyway, I'd have much rathered fighting back looking back on it. However, I had hooked up with one of the dude's girlfriends, knowing he was in that particular group of hard nuts, while I was drunk (don't drink alcohol, kids), so I realised I was the architect of my destruction.

So yeah, that is the worst excuse for losing a fight.

Funnily enough I am actually friends with some of the guys now. There's another story there.
    Last edited by battlefields; 6/20/2019 10:30pm, .
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Originally posted by Devil
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
    I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Theres that wing chun guy who fought that mma fighter in china (the one who had to paint his face). Anyway the chunner lost by knockout in a matter of seconds (surprise surprise) by the mma guy who didnt throw a combo and just launched a cross mohammed ali style.

After a huniliating defeat that chunner released a statement a few days later saying the only reason he lost was because he was a vegetarian.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....rian-says-wing

Comment

Comment

Comment

Here's another one of my favorites:

https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...ighlight=cooze

A kung-fu guy entered a One FC tryout in Malaysia to prove the effectiveness of his anti-grappling techniques. After losing, he blamed the people organizing the event for "detaining" and "starving" the traditional martial artists for a seven hour period prior to fighting (Even though he admits he saw several people go out to eat)

He's the one with the white trim.
            Last edited by Holy Moment; 6/21/2019 4:37pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
              Here's another one of my favorites:

https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...ighlight=cooze

A kung-fu guy entered a One FC tryout in Malaysia to prove the effectiveness of his anti-grappling techniques. After losing, he blamed the people organizing the event for "detaining" and "starving" the traditional martial artists for a seven hour period prior to fighting (Even though he admits he saw several people go out to eat)

He's the one with the white trim.

Comment

It was MMA, he got finished on the ground.

Besides claiming to be too hungry to fight, he also blames the gloves and shinguards for his loss. El Violador style.

I will attempt to get another proper fight video with MMA fighters where I'm not starving wearing proper MMA gloves rather than boxing gloves. Also, minus the bulky shinguard aka stilt socks that makes me feel like I'm on stilts.

Comment

The gloves are a valid argument. If you were a grappler doing an mma fight and had to wear boxing gloves then all your prowess is pretty much gone. The shin pads i personally think are cumbersome and add weight however ive worn them during training. Basically king fu guy has probably never been in the sports fighting world so everything is a culture shock. From equipment, waiting for his time to go in the cage and pssibly rules. Id like to see him go back in.

Comment

Originally posted by Kravbizarre View Post
                    The gloves are a valid argument. If you were a grappler doing an mma fight and had to wear boxing gloves then all your prowess is pretty much gone. The shin pads i personally think are cumbersome and add weight however ive worn them during training. Basically king fu guy has probably never been in the sports fighting world so everything is a culture shock. From equipment, waiting for his time to go in the cage and pssibly rules. Id like to see him go back in.
                    He's not supposed to be a grappler, though. He's a kung-fu stylist who claimed to be invincible to grappling.

Id like to see him go back in.
                    He'd have to start from scratch and get real training in striking and grappling. Judging by the comments he made and the fact that he never uploaded any new videos, he had no inclination to do that:

Originally posted by The Guy From the Video
                    Aren't you supposed to say MMA are the most one sided and trickiest as they always make sure other styles fighters will never get to fight in their best condition? You don't take those clowns hired to appear in MMA propaganda videos to compare. They are nothing more than business people that rely on propaganda videos to fool others into believing they are the best.

They way I fought despite already exhausted until drowsy where I could barely punch/kick still fought better than those hired clowns that don't even know Kungfu. So how come there's no punch/kick and mobility in those hired clowns fighting videos? Because those aren't even martial artists in the first place. They were there to lose like MMA being too superior.

You know nothing about counter grappling. To you, counter grappling means you play tug of war using all your strength to push or pull. If he had the edge, you would wait until he's tired then you start tug of war.

------------------

Since you're not even Asian, you won't know what I'm saying because you have comparable strength to non-Asians. There are other fights between Asian vs Caucasian here too. The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. But if I were to use it against bigger stronger Asians, it will not work. Against Caucasian, forget grappling.

------------------

This is Hunter Clan Northern Kungfu designed by Chinese hunters to fend off bigger, stronger or faster vicious beast and bandits. These anti-grappling technique works against BJJ grappling, tried on 6'3" fighter weighing at over 220lb. All these moves are proven against real bandits outside, it ain't monkey show. Need to fight in MMA match to show everyone how they work in reality or else, people still think Kungfu useless.

Supporters and non-supporters feel free to comment. MMA fighter could do a 1 thing in a second whereas I could do 3 things thanks to simultaneous attack and better mobility. Kungfu ain't useless, it's just many don't really learn how to use them in fighting. They only focus on pattern competition and would adopt Sanshou for fighting. Imagine a soldier dump the advanced SCAR/ACR rifle complete with sights and grenade launcher then grab the old AK-47 just because they refused to learn how to operate the newer guns.

SANSHOU/SANDA is not KUNGFU! It's just Muay Thai minus the knee/elbow but added TKD kicks combined with some grappling aimed at killing off higher end authentic Kungfu. Must bring back Kungfu fighting technique and rid that crappy Sanshou/Sanda. Kungfu is dying here because people no longer find reason to learn it.
                    Last edited by Holy Moment; 6/22/2019 6:16pm, .

Comment

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/news...by-muti-spell/

P E N I S

Comment

I've heard a kung fu guy complaining after an amateur pankration match. He claimed he lost because of the no head strikes rule. He lost after taking like 20 punches to the chest from full mount. Had the other guy been allowed to hit his head, our kung fu hero would have had his face punched in with his head anvilled against the floor.

Comment

This is anecdotal but I heard a guy complain that he lost because the other guy didn't have any self control and egregiously fouled him by kicking in the back.

He says this after instigating the fight by sucker punching said guy whose back was turned.

I felt terrible about it the next morning while recovering from a pretty sound beating.

"Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

"I let him punch me in the face and didn't fight back because he was smaller than me. I don't fight people smaller than me."
                            Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X