Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendation for BJJ in Henderson or Vegas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Recommendation for BJJ in Henderson or Vegas

    Anyone have any information on bjj in this area? I may be taking a job in Henderson soon and am trying to do my due diligence on the area. Boxing and muay thai gyms would also be of interest.

    #2
    Scootched this out to YMAS for broader view. Somebody should be along shortly to answer your question.
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Double-edged View Post
      Anyone have any information on bjj in this area? I may be taking a job in Henderson soon and am trying to do my due diligence on the area. Boxing and muay thai gyms would also be of interest.
      Easy. Adcc Champion Robert Drysdale.

      Dudes mad cool and a fucking Jedi.
      The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
        Easy. Adcc Champion Robert Drysdale.

        Dudes mad cool and a fucking Jedi.
        Is he a good instructor? He's obviously a good practitioner. Looks like they do kids classes and such. Patient, willing to explain, etc?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Double-edged View Post
          Is he a good instructor? He's obviously a good practitioner. Looks like they do kids classes and such. Patient, willing to explain, etc?
          I'll vouch for Drysdale. I've heard nothing but great things about the guy.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Double-edged View Post
            Is he a good instructor? He's obviously a good practitioner. Looks like they do kids classes and such. Patient, willing to explain, etc?
            I have taken private lessons with him and I really enjoyed the way that he teaches.
            He was the BJJ coach for extreme Couture at one point. Forrest Griffin is a black belt under Drysdale. So some pretty good people have chosen him as a coach

            I would also recommend Vinny Magalhaes. he's also an ADCC Champ. I haven't trained under Vinny but I've met him on multiple occasions. he's a really nice guy and he's highly technical In his video instructions.

            Frank Mir's would also be high on my list.
            The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

            Comment


              #7
              Sergio Penha is a world class 7th Degree Black Belt in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu in Las Vegas.

              He is all class, and one of the nicest people on the planet when he is not twisting you up in knots.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                Sergio Penha is a world class 7th Degree Black Belt in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu in Las Vegas.

                He is all class, and one of the nicest people on the planet when he is not twisting you up in knots.
                Dudes world class.

                This is where Frank Mir use to train. He later trained with drysdale.

                You have to work pretty hard to make bad choices in Vegas when it comes to Bjj.
                The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                  Dudes world class.

                  This is where Frank Mir use to train. He later trained with drysdale.

                  You have to work pretty hard to make bad choices in Vegas when it comes to Bjj.
                  Yes.

                  Sergio was submitting me with what is now commonly called the Frank Mir lock routinely prior to Frank Mir starting Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

                  Sergio has always been a serious submission hunter.

                  And he trained most of the original members of what became the Brazilian Top Team because he had a coaching relationship with Carlson Gracie Sr's gym and top fighters as well, even though Sergio is a member of the Osvaldo Alves group.
                  Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 5/30/2019 4:44pm, .

                  Comment


                    #10
                    You could give Walter 'Cascao' Vital a try. Good coach, super chill guy too

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by halfcut View Post
                      You could give Walter 'Cascao' Vital a try. Good coach, super chill guy too
                      Off topic: are heelhooks or twisting foot locks legal in international combat sambo?
                      The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                        Off topic: are heelhooks or twisting foot locks legal in international combat sambo?
                        No, it's straight Ankle and Knee attacks only... Plus calf crushes and hip cranks

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by halfcut View Post
                          No, it's straight Ankle and Knee attacks only... Plus calf crushes and hip cranks
                          Thanks for reassuring me.

                          Everyone always thinks international sambo allows more leg locks than the ibjjf. Its a very odd thing. Its a silly argument I get into pretty often.
                          The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                            Thanks for reassuring me.

                            Everyone always thinks international sambo allows more leg locks than the ibjjf. Its a very odd thing. Its a silly argument I get into pretty often.
                            Sure, but the real question is do they have the same stupid reaping and positional rules to DQ folks for?

                            DQ'ing folks for a heelhook is fine. It's not allowed.
                            DQ'ing people for sweeping from single-leg X directly to the 4-11 with the intent to set up a kneebar because you are worried it COULD be heelhook is idiotic.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by AcerTempest View Post
                              Sure, but the real question is do they have the same stupid reaping and positional rules to DQ folks for?

                              DQ'ing folks for a heelhook is fine. It's not allowed.
                              DQ'ing people for sweeping from single-leg X directly to the 4-11 with the intent to set up a kneebar because you are worried it COULD be heelhook is idiotic.
                              Yes.
                              The stupid reap rule still is in force.

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X