Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DK Yoo's warfare combat system

Good day to everyone.

This gentleman is coming to Spain to teach a seminar, he has become quite famous through videos where he shows impressive speed and good power. His website though looks like a McDojo with online courses and diplomas and all the pack...

I watched a couple of videos on him and when I heard he was coming to my city to teach I was interested, but price is too high and then checking on the site I didnt like what I saw.

Apparently the guy has this unique training to teach you how to efficiently use your body or something like that...

My question is if someone has assisted a seminar of this particular man or anyone in his group and what was the feeling. I am not sure if this is the right place to post as I am not denouncing him, just inquiring and couldnt find anything about him in the forum.
    The website looks like a sect similar to the scientology with instructors vanig a level number that apparently ranks up to 909...very weird stuff.

So at firsth sight they dont sell themselves as an effective combat system but at the same time they do, many videos being combat aplications etc....but most of the writing advertizing refers to conciousness and energetic stuff.

He claims to teach special forces and police in South Corea.

But it doesnt look like he can fight for real, just he is fast and a good showman

https://dkwcs.com
    Last edited by ccamara; 5/16/2019 8:52am, .

Originally posted by ccamara View Post
    Good day to everyone.

This gentleman is coming to Spain to teach a seminar, he has become quite famous through videos where he shows impressive speed and good power. His website though looks like a McDojo with online courses and diplomas and all the pack...

I watched a couple of videos on him and when I heard he was coming to my city to teach I was interested, but price is too high and then checking on the site I didnt like what I saw.

Apparently the guy has this unique training to teach you how to efficiently use your body or something like that...

My question is if someone has assisted a seminar of this particular man or anyone in his group and what was the feeling. I am not sure if this is the right place to post as I am not denouncing him, just inquiring and couldnt find anything about him in the forum.
    The website looks like a sect similar to the scientology with instructors vanig a level number that apparently ranks up to 909...very weird stuff.

So at firsth sight they dont sell themselves as an effective combat system but at the same time they do, many videos being combat aplications etc....but most of the writing advertizing refers to conciousness and energetic stuff.

But it doesnt look like he can fight for real, just he is fast and a good showman

MABS ----> YMAS
    Moved to YMAS for more eyes and because it does not meet MABS standards. "Has anyone heard of this guy ?" type posts go in YMAS.

All that said, the dude looks a bit shady. I would like to know more... is there a newsletter I can subscribe to?

Comment

thanks for moving it to the right place...wasnt sure about that....

Comment

It all makes sense now.

Comment

Good day to everyone.

You should simply show up, and challenge him to a fight, that would be the best way to find out.

In any case, he is one of those "internal power" kinda guys.

Comment

LOL

The thing is that he has very good reviews about his seminars...I ahve to find one that is bad...that's why I was curious, some people say that he has a bad reputation in Corea...just wanted to see if anyone has first hand experience. Apparently a guy named Jason Siamanson is the offical instrutor in Arizona...

I dont know if it pretends to be a fighting style, a meditation program, a self conciousness discovery journey or what...is just too weird...

Comment

LOL

The thing is that he has very good reviews about his seminars...I ahve to find one that is bad...that's why I was curious, some people say that he has a bad reputation in Corea...just wanted to see if anyone has first hand experience. Apparently a guy named Jason Siamanson is the offical instrutor in Arizona...

I dont know if it pretends to be a fighting style, a meditation program, a self conciousness discovery journey or what...is just too weird...
              I am going to assume Dr. Gonzo and Rayce will be along shortly and remind everyone that acai berries (,/_) enemas, systema and weed are popular in some BJJ circles but that doesn't mean it isn't silly, wrong, or twisted.

This guy has RAVE reviews but ... just watch the video...

"Systema strikes are based around healing" (read: healing energy) 7:50 timestamp

Comment

Enemas????? WTF?

Well, those healing punches dont look like much...LOL, maybe you feel healed after

Comment

$25 for a certificate. Pass.....

Comment

If you have your own 'combat system' at the bare minimum you should have some sort of competition record verifying its veracity.

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
                      I am going to assume Dr. Gonzo and Rayce will be along shortly and remind everyone that acai berries (,/_) enemas, systema and weed are popular in some BJJ circles but that doesn't mean it isn't silly, wrong, or twisted.

This guy has RAVE reviews but ... just watch the video...

"Systema strikes are based around healing" (read: healing energy) 7:50 timestamp
                      Let me go on Record here.

Fucking Clowns,Marks and charlatans . Clowns and old men that just LARP are who falls for this shit.

No one with Integrity has went full contact with any of these clowns and endorses them.

Comment

My point was that even in the "tested" arts there are people who play fast and loose with the truth (and reality for that matter).

I just realized it might seem I was saying Rayce or Gonzo would be "supporting" these concepts... that was not my intention. Just that they could back up the fact that no Art is without fuckery and nonsense, so glowing testimonials and references only go so far when the product and services being provided are so questionable.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                          Let me go on Record here.

Fucking Clowns,Marks and charlatans . Clowns and old men that just LARP are who falls for this shit.

No one with Integrity has went full contact with any of these clowns and endorses them.
                          How dare you, sir?!

How dare you denigrate the good name and integrity of LARPing by equating it to this nonsense?!

LARPing is serious...

https://youtu.be/lpmvFK02jY8

Comment

My advise is to skip it. You won't learn anything useful.

If you want to try a legitimate Russian martial art look into Sambo

Comment

DK Yoo

Systema people don't fight anybody for reals. Also, Dk Yoo punches people really hard in the head in demonstrations. This can cause brain damage. I wouldn't want to participate in any of DK Yoo events. Dk Yoo also says he cured his cancer with meditation. Red Flag right there. Sounds like a personality cult! WOO WOO!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X