Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good dojos in Sydney/Wollongong area (Australia)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good dojos in Sydney/Wollongong area (Australia)

Does anybody know any good places I can learn martial arts/MMA in the Sydney/Wollongong area? Which places are good to learn from? Which places should I avoid? There's a shaolin place nearby where I live called 'Shaolin Warrior', but I'm skeptical whether it's a Mcdojo or not.

Google mma sydney. Go to the websites of those schools. Look who the instructors are (they generally have info on their experience/qualifications).

Then look at session times and costs that suit you.

You can also google the instructors name to see what pops up. Be weary on places that have belt systems for mma.

Comment

Vt1

Something something.
      Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

Originally posted by gregaquaman View Post
        Vt1

Something something.
        Seems like a decent place but it's almost 100km away...

Comment

Asks for Sydney/Wollongong gyms then complains a suggestion is too far away? They're two different cities ffs

Alright, you're going to have to get more granular. WHERE in Sydney is relatively convenient?
          GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
          Originally posted by Devil
          I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
          Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
          I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Originally posted by battlefields View Post
            Asks for Sydney/Wollongong gyms then complains a suggestion is too far away? They're two different cities ffs

Alright, you're going to have to get more granular. WHERE in Sydney is relatively convenient?
            Around the Wollongong area or around Campbelltown or Cronulla is the most convenient. I put down Sydney/Wollongong because Wollongong is labelled as a part of Sydney in most scenarios, and turns out Sydney's a bit further away than I originally thought

Comment

Yeah, Sydney is a fair distance, for sure. Like, a minimum hour and a half drive if you're speeding and have no traffic.

Anyway:

Gracie Jiu Jitsu - Smeaton Grange.
              Gracie Barra - Campbelltown
              UFC Gym - Gregory Hills
              https://xxxfightacademy.sydney/class/mixed-martial-arts
              etc

This was a Google Search Map result.

I would recommend searching on Google for the most convenient for you, then going to say, 3. Out of those three see which one you feel most comfortable at. Most of these places have a free lesson, or sometimes a free week or fortnight.
              GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
              Originally posted by Devil
              I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
              Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
              I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X