Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jindo Martial Arts/Belt Factory/BJJ Master Class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jindo Martial Arts/Belt Factory/BJJ Master Class?

I was curious if anyone could obtain some information, or already knows the scoop on Jindo Martial Arts located in tonawanda, NY. As far as we can tell they are a TKD belt factory, recently changed name/affiliation to championship martial arts 716...

I have attempted to reach out to the school in regard to their "master BJJ class."

and was met with some resistance in providing any information. the school was posting videos which all of a sudden where taken down. the class is being run not by the owner but some young kid - seemingly entirely unchecked.

they have no BJJ history or connection as far as I can find. as for what the videos provided in terms of "move of the week" was highly concerning. mount escapes involving pinning both of opponents arms to belly with one hand, trapping one leg then rolling the wrong direction without bridging. arm bars without trapping the head and a couple half guard escapes that apparently involve magic.

it is clear the young man doesnt understand grappling. possibly learning from a book or dvd buy away series. he certainly isnt a black belt and appears too young yo be one.

any info would be appreciated.

Hi, MartialStoop. Moved your post to a different subforum, where it's likely to get more response. Good luck!
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Gandered at their website. Facebook page seems to be gone. Seems like they are part of some national chain, but the fact that I couldn't find anything about their instructors or what programs they offer is an immediate red flag. Did I say red? Red gi's is another red flag, for me - nobody doing serious BJJ would show off in a red TKD gi. And, yes, the kid in braces looks like he's barely scratched at 16. This is all just judging a book by its cover, but based on the cover, I would not buy.

Perhaps another bully will come along, soon, with more info.

Once again, good luck!
      Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by MartialStoop View Post
        I was curious if anyone could obtain some information, or already knows the scoop on Jindo Martial Arts located in tonawanda, NY. As far as we can tell they are a TKD belt factory, recently changed name/affiliation to championship martial arts 716...

I have attempted to reach out to the school in regard to their "master BJJ class."

and was met with some resistance in providing any information. the school was posting videos which all of a sudden where taken down. the class is being run not by the owner but some young kid - seemingly entirely unchecked.

they have no BJJ history or connection as far as I can find. as for what the videos provided in terms of "move of the week" was highly concerning. mount escapes involving pinning both of opponents arms to belly with one hand, trapping one leg then rolling the wrong direction without bridging. arm bars without trapping the head and a couple half guard escapes that apparently involve magic.

it is clear the young man doesnt understand grappling. possibly learning from a book or dvd buy away series. he certainly isnt a black belt and appears too young yo be one.

any info would be appreciated.
        PM me his phone number.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
          PM me his phone number.
          New member, can't PM, yet. Needs a few posts under his belt.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
            New member, can't PM, yet. Needs a few posts under his belt.
            Then post the a link where the phone number is posted,

or make a fews posts and then PM me,

or post the phone number.

Comment

Presumably, the one here: https://jindomartialarts.com/

Comment

No answer.

Will try them again tomorrow.

Comment

Why don't you go to my buddy Chucks place in Tonawanda? It's called Pilsung. If you want Judo go to Kintora's. I work out there sometimes.

Comment

I know Master Gorino well. Our schools have worked together quite a bit over the years. Good man. Runs a tight traditional school.

Kintoras is wonderful as well. Great people, very knowledgeable and have a strong curriculum.

I am not looking for BJJ. We used to work slightly with Jindo. All of a sudden they are posting crappy BJJ vids and promoting people in BJJ. I posted because when I called the owner she sketched out of answers and just about hung up. I'm curious if they actually have someone training their BJJ instructor or if they are making it up/learning from some MAIA program as they go.

I was suspicious and even offered some cross training. We are happy to roll and share ideas. It's a blast. But that was immediately turned down when referred to the young lad supposedly in charge of the program. I don't think they know what they are doing in the least and it pisses me off when schools lie to their students. That is irresponsible and dangerous.
                    Last edited by MartialStoop; 5/14/2019 2:28pm, . Reason: Auto correct

Comment

That is the correct website and school. They appear to be rebranding. As some of my students pushed interest in their BJJ program I notice she removed just about all promotion of it. Aside from the owners FB.

Comment

Gandered at their website. Facebook page seems to be gone. Seems like they are part of some national chain, but the fact that I couldn't find anything about their instructors or what programs they offer is an immediate red flag. Did I say red? Red gi's is another red flag, for me - nobody doing serious BJJ would show off in a red TKD gi. And, yes, the kid in braces looks like he's barely scratched at 16. This is all just judging a book by its cover, but based on the cover, I would not buy.

Perhaps another bully will come along, soon, with more info.

Once again, good luck!
                        I train with a guy who has a red koral gi. Hes a purple belt with gorilla strength. Red is an ugly color for a gi, but at least he can defend his color choice with absolute carnage.

If you have your doubts about a school with suspicious stuff like this. Just avoid them, if they are sus they’ll get found out. Until then go find a legit bjj school and enjoy.

Comment

Dumb traditions. IBJJF tourneys are black, white, or blue. Not terribly dissimilar from Judo, right?

I wasn't particularly clear. I dig the pink gis and the camo gis and the red gis, etc. For an individual. One guy wearing a red judogi is probably a badass.

A whole school of TKD'ers wearing red pullover karategi is just marketing wank.

Comment

Looks like a typical Mcdojo/commercialized school with all types of catchall programs.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X