Toxic Femininity in Facebook group page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lily View Post
    Can we talk about toxic feminists creating cartoons like Nella the Princess Knight?

Why not equality, why pull so hard one way?
    Not going to do the search to see what Nella is about. Sorry. Been tricked here before.
    Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

It is not a trick joe.

There’s also Dino Dana and Peppa Pig.
      "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

That is kinda Barney the Dinosaur and Teletubbies territory, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by ksennin View Post
          I see a lot of people nowadays trying to banish any hint of violent or risky physicality elements from the upbringing of kids. And I think that coming to better understandings about the different types of violence and the great likelihood that understanding that sometimes violence can be necessary whether as a last resort or not is a very complex matter that is not being discussed properly in general society or in education circles. Because I think that the greater repression of physical expression that can be seen as violent has instead created a greater environs of social and psychological violence that is often less likely to experience empirical self-correction or sumthin' like that.

We are in a place where we discuss stylized/formalized/regulated application of physical violence as a worthwhile endeavor. If we cannot come to terms with its axiological positions in society and our lives, do people outside the martial arts have an even slimmer chance of getting it?
          Funnily enough I've seen the opposite lately. 10 years ago I was inundated with permissive paranoid parents that didn't want little johnny to get a bruise. This new group of kids are more like "Go for it make sure to even out the bruises."

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
            Funnily enough I've seen the opposite lately. 10 years ago I was inundated with permissive paranoid parents that didn't want little johnny to get a bruise. This new group of kids are more like "Go for it make sure to even out the bruises."
            That is encouraging. Hopefully the pendulum is swinging back to a more reasonable place.

Comment

I just swung by the see how the forums are doing, and don't really have the time to do more than skim the thread, but I'm stopping to say that inaction in NOT consent. This is important. Maybe you don't want to call it rape, it is, but fine I'll play your word games. There's something more important. It causes severe trauma, and that's the bottom line.

If someone wants to have sex, they'll do more than just eventually not resist. If they don't want to have sex with someone and that someone has sex with them anyway, that is rape, and more importantly, is harmful.

(also toxic masculinity is a largely misused and misunderstood term. It refers to cases where someone takes a negative trait (or a neutral trait exaggerated to the extent of being negative) and tells men that they have to have it to be considered men. People see it as an attack on men, when it's really more in defense of them.)

Comment

Originally posted by Guird View Post
                I just swung by the see how the forums are doing, and don't really have the time to do more than skim the thread, but I'm stopping to say that inaction in NOT consent. This is important. Maybe you don't want to call it rape, it is, but fine I'll play your word games. There's something more important. It causes severe trauma, and that's the bottom line.

If someone wants to have sex, they'll do more than just eventually not resist. If they don't want to have sex with someone and that someone has sex with them anyway, that is rape, and more importantly, is harmful.

(also toxic masculinity is a largely misused and misunderstood term. It refers to cases where someone takes a negative trait (or a neutral trait exaggerated to the extent of being negative) and tells men that they have to have it to be considered men. People see it as an attack on men, when it's really more in defense of them.)
                It is also important to remember that your post reflects your perspective,

and that others may have the opinion or personal preference at variance with your general expectation of how they should give consent,

that by not objecting to a sexual advance, they are giving their consent in the manner they prefer, depending on the specifics of the encounter.

No adult on this forum speaks for any other adult regarding how they prefer to signal consent, engage in sex play, or engage in courtship rituals.

The narrative you provide has a following and momentum, but is not universally shared, for example, women (or men) may prefer an initiation of sex that occurs without words of any kind, yet is to their perspective wholly consensual by them.

Which is part of makes the matter complicated; one cannot truthfully claim that one is for individual consent while simultaneously mandating the manner in which other people give consent against their own preference (consent) because that too would be forcing them to have sex in manners against their individual wishes,

merely to satisfy others wishes regarding sex, whether your opinion above is held just by you, or even a majority,

as what matters is how they prefer to give consent, not how you would prefer they give consent.
                Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 7/06/2019 6:46am, .

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                  It is also important to remember that your post reflects your perspective,

and that others may have the opinion or personal preference at variance with your general expectation of how they should give consent,

that by not objecting to a sexual advance, they are giving their consent in the manner they prefer, depending on the specifics of the encounter.

No adult on this forum speaks for any other adult regarding how they prefer to signal consent, engage in sex play, or engage in courtship rituals.

The narrative you provide has a following and momentum, but is not universally shared, for example, women (or men) may prefer an initiation of sex that occurs without words of any kind, yet is to their perspective wholly consensual by them.

Which is part of what makes the matter complicated; one cannot truthfully claim that one is for individual consent while simultaneously mandating the manner in which other people give consent against their own preference (consent) because that too would be forcing them to have sex in manners against their individual wishes,

merely to satisfy others wishes regarding sex, whether your opinion above is held just by you, or even a majority,

as what matters is how they prefer to give consent, not how you would prefer they give consent.
                  My post above only applies to adults having sex with other adults, and therefore able to give each other consent, obviously.

Children cannot give consent to adults for sex, and therefore that situation does merit intervention in all cases.

Comment

No one said active consent has to be verbal. Participation and enthusiasm are key.
                    And even if you have an understanding with someone (for example, most people don't need to give a signal before they're ok being touched certain ways by their partners in private, and some people even like to roleplay non-consent), if someone goes deer-in-the-headlights or becomes unresponsive, that should be a reason to stop and ask if they're ok.

This is all sex 101, and it shouldn't be as hard as it is for some people.

Comment

if someone goes deer-in-the-headlights or becomes unresponsive, that should be a reason to stop and ask if they're ok.

Comment

This one seems to get it at least.

Comment

This one seems to get it at least.
                          I decided to practice abstinence to avoid all these issues.

A lot of people report they have trouble practicing abstinence.

But, I took steps to ensure that I would remain abstinent.

I got married and had kids.

"Take Naps not Sex" is the next stage of evolution of "Make Love not War".

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                            I decided to practice abstinence to avoid all these issues.

A lot of people report they have trouble practicing abstinence.

But, I took steps to ensure that I would remain abstinent.

I got married and had kids.

"Take Naps not Sex" is the next stage of evolution of "Make Love not War".
                            It doesn't get better.
                            Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                              It doesn't get better.
                              I don't know, my wife reports a marked improvement in the quality of her private time.
                              "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X