I've Gong Sau'd a Reddit Fash.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    These kind of conversations are part and parcel of what coaching fighters is all about, Lily.

Trying to get them to not ruin their lives doing dumb ass things,

or blow themselves out on shit nonsense,

and still manage to get the ones with potential trained,

and get to have a nice run on the purse match circuit without ruining their lives while doing so.

These conversations go down, pretty much this way,

with 95% of the people who show up saying they want to do to purse fights.
    I still want to fight, and I'm not going to back down if the troll actually signs a bout agreement. I'll just budget extra hard on my personal comforts, and come up with the money. With some time and ingenuity, I could publicize a politicized fight and make some money from sponsors or interested parties.

That said, it's probably never going to happen, and finding other ways to make money is going to be my primary focus. I do think I'll be taking some fights before the year is out, if for no other reason than some pocket change and a chance to test out a re-athletisized body.

Comment

Originally posted by Tramirezmma View Post
      You do know I'm a good deal older than you with very different life experience, right? I was a right-libertarian at your age, and just an asshole in high school.
      I can still think you're being hopelessly naive.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
        Yeah, I went to college, and it worked out well for me, except, being a dumbass, I messed that up.

For some people, it's a decent choice, but even MDs and attorneys end up hugely in debt
        Yeah, military or big scholarships or it might not make the most sense, unless its your dream. Fulfillment is the actual key ingredient to happiness I suppose.
        Last edited by Raycetpfl; 5/06/2019 2:53pm, .
        The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Rabbit is (hopefully) permabanned.
          Coward.

Comment

These kind of conversations are part and parcel of what coaching fighters is all about, Lily.

and get to have a nice run on the purse match circuit without ruining their lives while doing so.

Yea, when I started training I was convinced I was gonna be an mma fighter. Once I went over the numbers I realized the juice wasnt worth the squeeze. My talent ceiling wasn't high enough for me to gamble on quiting a good job to basically be a fighter that likely would never win a title.
            Being a Tim Kennedy or Tamdam McCrory type of fighter means you still just end up being a school owner. That's about where ceiling is skill wise I figure. That kind of money won't put my girls through college or allow for retirement.
            If i would have started in my teens I would have made a run at it. If my kickboxing was as good as my jiu jitsu? Maybe? but its not.
            The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
              Yeah, military or big scholarships or it might not make the most sense, unless its your dream. Fulfillment is the actual key ingredient to happiness I suppose.
              Yeah, or working one's way through school can work out OK as well, plus or minus scholarships. And of course getting a degree in something you can make a decent enough living doing.

Plus or minus not getting married and spewing out kids before you (as in the couple) can really afford them.

The crazy thing is, as you have pointed out, you can get done in two years on an apprenticeship, and get paid while learning.

Of course, not everyone is cut out for skilled labor...
              Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
                Coward.
                No, I care about his mental health. His obsession with this site, his long-term trolling of it, and suspected reasons for it, is just not a healthy thing, IMO.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by Tramirezmma View Post
                  I mean, I'll take $20 an hour to do anything if it means I can get to $30 before I'm 40 years old.
                  There are two good ways to meet that goal. One you apprentice, you put in the hours and take your lumps, get paid along the way. Not a bad deal at all.

Second you can go to trade school, you get to be out on your own a lot quicker, but without the practical experience and many of the connections you make as apprentice.

Also you may want to consider HVAC. I have a cousin that does that, dude his pulls in way more that $40/hr and most of what he does is sit at home and wait for a phone call. I don't know anyone who works so little and makes so much. If you are serious about it, I'll gladly PM you his secret, you will have to provide the training and hustle.
                  Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Better option for everyone involved is a ghost/TRam gong sau. No airplanes, no customs, local Bullies could ref, corner, and video... We can all chip in for a purse.
                    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

No, I care about his mental health. His obsession with this site, his long-term trolling of it, and suspected reasons for it, is just not a healthy thing, IMO.
                      Suspected reasons?

Comment

Of course, this isn't the Wabbit thread...

But, it could be a great act on his part as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                          Suspected reasons?
                          Me playing psychologist about it, is all. Not really germane to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                            https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Jobs/Lineman-Apprentice

Apply until youre hired some where as an apprentice. In 2 years or less you will not be an apprentice anymore.

https://www.indeed.com/m/jobs?q=Plum...tice&l=Florida

http://www.plumbertests.com
                            2 years? The link you posted says 4 years to journeyman, which seems more common in these parts. I'm a couple years into a 5 year apprenticeship myself.

Comment

"I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

This is the best thread going I’ve read in awhile. Travelling to fight a nazi in a prize fight in a foreign land; compliments of a paid flight from my opponent sounds like a great adventure. Like Frank dux wishes he ever had the opertunity to do. But my point of view comes from a place where I have enough disposable income to just take trip when ever I please... give your financial situation taz that’s seems a lot tougher to justify. I would probably not if I were you. But if you do go, do it smart and make sure to enjoy yourself. Also Good Luck.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X