No announcement yet.

I've Gong Sau'd a Reddit Fash.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not set the fight up through a promoter for amateur fights, those events have insurance and the 1000 can be put in the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by lant3rn View Post
      Why not set the fight up through a promoter for amateur fights, those events have insurance and the 1000 can be put in the contract.
      This is the right way to do things.

Although for a small promotion, you still want the money in an escrow up front, if you are flying from out of country.

It is as easy as having a third party lawyer hold the prize money, or a third party escrow service, or if really trustworthy, the third party promoter, and then that third party releasing the winnings to the victor.

Small promotions routinely stiff athletes, especially non-locals.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
        This is the right way to do things.

Although for a small promotion, you still want the money in an escrow up front, if you are flying from out of country.

It is as easy as having a third party lawyer hold the prize money, or a third party escrow service, or if really trustworthy, the third party promoter, and then that third party releasing the winnings to the victor.

Small promotions routinely stiff athletes, especially non-locals.

Comment

Just make sure you eat a big lunch immediately before stepping into the cage.

Also, you can get a cool $5,000 even if you lose if the fight is put together by WCK Muay Thai out in San Diego.
          Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
            Just make sure you eat a big lunch immediately before stepping into the cage.

Also, you can get a cool $5,000 even if you lose if the fight is put together by WCK Muay Thai out in San Diego.

Comment

Do you have any guarantee that this guy will actually be there and you won't come all the way to London for nothing?

Comment

Can you imagine trying to get travel insurance for this trip?
                "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                  This is the dumbest gong sau we've had yet. The gong sau I pulled out of due to lack of funds made more sense than this.
                  Someone doesn't remember SirC.

Comment

3rd party escrow service is exactly what we're doing. I'm also working on a contract.

If I get hurt, I won't be able to fix it most likely. That said, I can do my job with most injuries.

As far as training, I'll be doing my own conditioning. I'll have to drop in at gyms that do free drop ins for skill work.

Comment

Originally posted by Lily View Post
                      Can you imagine trying to get travel insurance for this trip?
                      Dude I don't even have medical insurance, why would I get travel insurance?

Comment

Originally posted by Tramirezmma View Post
                        3rd party escrow service is exactly what we're doing. I'm also working on a contract.

If I get hurt, I won't be able to fix it most likely. That said, I can do my job with most injuries.

As far as training, I'll be doing my own conditioning. I'll have to drop in at gyms that do free drop ins for skill work.
                        A lot of very legit amateur boxing gyms are less than $30 a month;

Not boxercise, but fighters gyms.

Also, check the local high school wrestling programs, and the local colleges for free or nearly free grappling clubs with legit facilitators.

I am not endorsing your fight as a good idea...

Comment

A lot of very legit amateur boxing gyms are less than $30 a month;

Not boxercise, but fighters gyms.

Also, check the local high school wrestling programs, and the local colleges for free or nearly free grappling clubs with legit facilitators.

I am not endorsing your fight as a good idea...
                          That was good advice, thank you. I don't hope you die anymore.

Comment

Dude I don't even have medical insurance, why would I get travel insurance?
                            Then you probably should not fight, or spar, if you do not have medical insurance.

However...check into trip specific traveler's medical insurance that covers your medical treatment expenses while receiving medical treatment in the U.K.

Also, ask if the event will have onsite medical staff.

Comes in handy, and if they are having other fights at the event, it's a reasonable thing to expect / seek.
                            Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 5/05/2019 4:11pm, .

Comment

That was good advice, thank you. I don't hope you die anymore.
                              I'll be dying regardless, and so will you.

We all die.

It's part of what makes life precious and exciting.

Comment

Then you probably should not fight, or spar, if you do not have medical insurance.

However...check into trip specific traveler's medical insurance that covers your medical treatment expenses while receiving medical treatment in the U.K.

Also, ask if the event will have onsite medical staff.

Comes in handy, and if they are having other fights at the event, it's a reasonable thing to expect / seek.
                                Will do, I'm still ironing out the details. Odds are he dicktucks before any paperwork is signed.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X