Systema Greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    And just in case you still thought Systema was fake here is a video proving that it is not

My French is not very good. What I heard was "I'm going to show you a whole bunch of bullshit, or Bullshido, that we call systema."
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
      I haven't. I still consider ninjas the high water mark of bad MA.

I tell you the quality of ninja assasins took a real dive when they started making them in America.

The American ninja is a cheap, poorly constructed pile of dog turds. Like buying a computer built in Canada. The horror.

I'm just messing with you Canada. Your bad drivers and even worse beer only do nothing to diminish my love of Hockey and the many great players you export to American teams that pay more.
      This isnt 100% but at least its based off legit techniques.

https://youtu.be/ILa8UDwVJ1c

So yeah it seems ninja beat systema-ers

Comment

I've actually done these asinine drills, but I quit systema. THese drills are supposed to help practitioners fight without tension. Teaching to be formless instead of applying proven techniques form the get go is terrible. Systema is too theoretical.

Comment

I think all the fight without tension guys are trying to shortcut all the years of training needed to do so.

That level of skill cannot be shortcutted.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
            I think all the fight without tension guys are trying to shortcut all the years of training needed to do so.

That level of skill cannot be shortcutted.
            Yeah. The brain's thought and reaction speeds differ. Working from autopilot is only achieved through practice. You can't be quick and tense. Hence the value of alive training trumps any number of drills.

Comment

Vlad has been teaching in Toronto for about 25 years now and in that time has yet to produce someone who is at least as good as he claims to be. They're definitely doing shit wrong. It's especially telling since his prior experience appears to be a couple of years of Knockdown-style Karate and a couple of ROSS seminars

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                My French is not very good. What I heard was "I'm going to show you a whole bunch of bullshit, or Bullshido, that we call systema."
                Dietary staples for $200 Alex. What is a mouth full of worms?

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                  Yeah. The brain's thought and reaction speeds differ. Working from autopilot is only achieved through practice. You can't be quick and tense. Hence the value of alive training trumps any number of drills.
                  Drills can be alive. To varying degrees, as appropriate.

Its not exactly autopilot, either. More like verbal thinking goes away.

Comment

I always taught that the reactive portion was superior in speed to analytics. Hence the need for alive training methods. Not taking away anything from drills that help muscle and brain reflex, hence drills.

This has been my experience with martial arts, shooting sports, shit going wrong in a machining procedure or other. Experience develops reactionary time. Hence my term of auto pilot.

On my old and decrepit phone feeding the mosquitos. So following link only-

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3378012/

Comment

Thinking about it, we're not far apart.

Comment

I always taught that the reactive portion was superior in speed to analytics. Hence the need for alive training methods. Not taking away anything from drills that help muscle and brain reflex, hence drills.

This has been my experience with martial arts, shooting sports, shit going wrong in a machining procedure or other. Experience develops reactionary time. Hence my term of auto pilot.

On my old and decrepit phone feeding the greemosquitos. So following link only-

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3378012/
                        The training of reactions is tough. Requires good and varied training partners.

I agree experience develops reactions.

I am sure you have experienced that odd sensation of time slowing down.

Comment

Thinking about it, we're not far apart.
                          Agreed, different people express similar experiences different ways.

I have trained judoka many years. Eventually they have to move to a more target rich environment to continue to improve. Same for me in my training.

Comment

Agreed, different people express similar experiences different ways.

I have trained judoka many years. Eventually they have to move to a more target rich environment to continue to improve. Same for me in my training.
                            No one associated with Systema has done shit in professional martial arts.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                              No one associated with Systema has done shit in professional martial arts.
                              I would not know.

People find ways to monetize just about anything.

Seiroyku zen'yo without the jita kyoei...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                                Even your own Relson Gracie says "punch a black belt in the face he becomes a brown belt." Well how do you plan on dealing with devastating strikes like these huh?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X