Systema Greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Systema Greatness

If anyone can tell me what exactly that is supposed to accomplish, I'm all ears.

At the end, the guy in the black shirt turned into a real, living boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post

If anyone can tell me what exactly that is supposed to accomplish, I'm all ears.
      Well, I can think of one thing it accomplished.

Comment

I'll add this one too. If Systema isn't real how do you explain this:

Comment

I get to the point where I'm afraid to watch too many of these lest youtube make this stuff the suggested videos for my account. It's fun to laugh at but I like to pretend it doesn't exist.

Comment

Well, it was thought up in a country with an 25% mortality rate among males before age 55 mostly caused by alcohol abuse.

So I'm going to go with they got drunk and thought it would be funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
              Well, it was thought up in a country with an 25% mortality rate among males before age 55 mostly caused by alcohol abuse.

So I'm going to go with they got drunk and thought it would be funny.
              I didn't realize Canada had such an alcoholism problem.

Comment

I didn't realize Canada had such an alcoholism problem.
                There have been some studies suggesting that people who fake smile a lot and repress their negative emotions with fake politeness tend to drink excessively when they are in off hours situations.

Comment

I feel like somebody said to this guy, "There's no way you're that big of a delusional douche." And he was like," oh yeah? hold my beer." And then he went and grabbed a video camera and that's what we're watching

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                    I feel like somebody said to this guy, "There's no way you're that big of a delusional douche." And he was like," oh yeah? hold my beer." And then he went and grabbed a video camera and that's what we're watching
                    Here is the deal.

It is tempting, and entertaining to invest into critiquing phenomenon like Aikido, Systema, ninja, etc, etc.

But the real truth is, this all comes down to a meta condition, and a meta consequence, that can occur in any room, any "style', whatever, whatever.

If you run your room with a cult mentality, that trains people to accept dogma, and be overly deferential to the instructors' presentations without inviting critiques, criticisms, disagreements, and real tests of varying reality and intensity,

you can see similar effects in any room or style, including Judo and BJJ.

For instance, I am seeing a lot of Judo players act like their practice is sufficient to take people down who are trained in leg shots, when in reality they have grown fucking rusty, really fucking rusty, at defending those takedowns, and their newer students since those IJF rule changes have no idea how to deal with them.

And similarly, the pure sport BJJ rooms with no striking, no slams, or certain submissions outlawed also often have false confidence when comes to players who are well trained in those tactics.

We still deal with people who hang their hat on "strength or athleticism don't matter" or who train their heavy weights not to smash people, and basically to lose in training rolls as their expected style of play during 90% of their training rolls.

Meanwhile, many of us neglect simple realities such as all the training in the world does not change the fact that we are easily knocked out, can lose an eye, and are still just bags of salty water that spring leaks.

LARP-edy doodle do is a pervasive and recurring force in all martial arts training rooms unless it is vigorously rejected consistently through instructors not putting themselves on pedestals and not putting dogma on pedestals, and inviting scientific inquiry and criticism at all times.

When people turn off their skepticism or overly engage in cult hero worship, this happens regardless of what names one uses for one's practice or tactics or 'style'.
                    Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 4/28/2019 8:24am, .

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post

When people turn off their skepticism or overly engage in cult hero worship, this happens regardless of what names one uses for one's practice or tactics or 'style'.
                      Well well well...... somebody just got himself Uninvited to the first church of Rayce.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                        You talk all big, but would you step in the ring and grapple someone like this? I think not. You know you've met your match

Comment

Ground Control to Major Tom!

Comment

Originally posted by AprilRains View Post
                            Ground Control to Major Tom!
                            I'm just getting warmed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                              I get to the point where I'm afraid to watch too many of these lest youtube make this stuff the suggested videos for my account. It's fun to laugh at but I like to pretend it doesn't exist.
                              This website has totally fucked me with youtube. I get so many systema/nina/chunner/etc. recommendations thanks to my inability to not watch the nonsense people post here... but then again it is pretty god damned entertaining so I guess it's a wash.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X