Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Students are just the worst. Coaches and instructors what are your pet peeves!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ksennin
    replied
    Originally posted by BKR View Post
    A functional training robot would be great.
    I would certainly want a Gal Gadot Wonder Woman training robot, um, because of the Amazon combat skills, of course.

Leave a comment:

• NittyRanks
    replied
    I think the students enrolling in gyms and even traditional schools are getting weirder. We have so many tough guys coming that want to take Judo with us or start in our beginning striking course. To many guys want to come in and ask stuff like “ I need to learn some judo throws to get my MMA game better” and “how long will it take” I feel like telling them “first of all you don’t have an MMA game” and second of all “it will take years, top class Judo players do hundreds of throws to keep proficient at high levels” These fuckin guys want to compete after training a year which is just stupid. They don't realize they aren’t even in the right city to be groomed for it.

I have another guy in the beginning striking class that joined because his girlfriend beats him up…no lie. I also have another student that thinks that if he goes to 10 different MMA gyms he will be a world class fighter and has said so. His striking isn’t even good??! Then student that complains he has to do 50 teeps on each leg. There is the student that knows everything and thinks he is the teacher. We noticed he is trying to instruct and constantly talking in the workout to other students. The other coach and I had to remind him he wasn’t in charge. We have had some BJJ guys come in and think they will rough up the Judo players and find out then that they don’t know as much as they thought they did. Our Judo head guy makes them look stupid real fast.

It used to be that guys actually dedicated themselves to something and got black belts. Even if it was a traditional system they put in time. Whether they fought well is a different story but at least they were consistent with it. In 40 years of the Martial Arts I have never seen attrition or apathy towards things as I have had in the last few years. Have we really created this many YouTube Martial Artists?? And it’s too bad. In some cases the guys are really good but show up for a month and come back 6 months or a year later and say things like “I’m back for good” or “I am really going to train and compete this time” “my babies mama made me quit” and a slew of other excuses….never taking any responsibility for their own training. Students pay the bills and we don’t like to turn down people but so many people just can’t stick out the training whether it’s MMA, Judo or striking. I never thought like that in my 20’s so it’s foreign to me the mindset some of these clowns have.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I squash that shit at the very beginning.

I will make anybody who apologizes too much do burpees everytime they say "Sorry".
    My compliments to those who ask for a compliment ie "how was that". Me "It was atrocious, practice more and you may actually rise to the level of sucking. Eventually you will be adequate".
    Lastly I tell them "I'll let you know when you pissed me off, yelling is part of the territory."
    LOL, yeah, I had to explain soooo many times that being direct and often loud is part of the whole coaching process. Or at least I like to be that way so tough shit, amirite ?

The teenagers are the best. They want to get treated like adults, and when I did, some of them would snowflake out on me.

I would give the "judo is a combat sport, if you can't take some yelling or ridicule, how do you expect to handle a MF trying to strangle you unconscious speech" more than once.

I mean, these were very well raised kids, too, with great parents, too.

One of the Dads did get a kick out of me chewing out some ass though, more than once. He was like "Carry on !".

Leave a comment:

• Omega Supreme
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    Students, coaches, or fighters that crave complements or that allow themselves to be mentally affected by words, whether sweet or harsh.
    I squash that shit at the very beginning.

I will make anybody who apologizes too much do burpees everytime they say "Sorry".
    My compliments to those who ask for a compliment ie "how was that". Me "It was atrocious, practice more and you may actually rise to the level of sucking. Eventually you will be adequate".
    Lastly I tell them "I'll let you know when you pissed me off, yelling is part of the territory."

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    Yeah, and the ground n pound, imagine...

The ability to throw a MF over and over and over again would be nice, too.

Different body weight, proportions.

I mean, you could even eventually make duplicates of your toughest opponents, and probably even eventually program it to imitate them. Talk about contest prep, LOL!

Wanna train with Helio or Rickson or Roger or whomever ? Just rent/least the robot and programming...

I am starting to see why Bill is so enamored of the whole sex robot thing. Wanna get it on with a famous person ? Just rent/lease/buy the appropriate sex robot and code.

Bill, please PM me a list of the companies you are investing in, ASAP !
    Seriously.

Leave a comment:

• Devil
    replied
    Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    It would be so nice to be able to just snap bones in training.
    You just need to find the right neighborhood so you have random mentally handicapped homeless people with no families who wander in looking to spar. Bobby Joe Blythe style.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by ksennin View Post
    That was what the Harkonnen could do with replaceable slave sparring partners.
    Also, I am sure that Rayce would love that kind of thing, but they would have to all be Brazilians...

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by ksennin View Post
    Yes, the Mountain does that in GOT as well.

Leave a comment:

• ksennin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ksennin
    replied
    I am starting to see why Bill is so enamored of the whole sex robot thing. Wanna get it on with a famous person ? Just rent/lease/buy the appropriate sex robot and code.
    Clearly I have missed on some vital threads.

Leave a comment:

• ksennin
    replied
    I thought the robots were supposed to make us come ?
    Do ut des.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Yeah, and the ground n pound, imagine...

The ability to throw a MF over and over and over again would be nice, too.

Different body weight, proportions.

I mean, you could even eventually make duplicates of your toughest opponents, and probably even eventually program it to imitate them. Talk about contest prep, LOL!

Wanna train with Helio or Rickson or Roger or whomever ? Just rent/least the robot and programming...

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    The robots are coming.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    The robots are coming.
    I thought the robots were supposed to make us come ?

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X