• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reddit Gold, Martial Arts Edition

Click image for larger version

Name:	F2E54535-45B0-4086-A4C5-CB914C54D065.jpeg
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	4336592
    Last edited by The Cap; 4/18/2019 11:08am, .

Originally posted by The Cap View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]18206[/ATTACH]
    In the absence of hate speech or threats of violence, a ban after only 2 posts is outstanding.

Comment

Well, if you are looking to challenge your own record r/aikido and r/hapkido, along with r/TraditionalNinjutsu/ are still hanging around. Go nuts if you haven't been banned from them yet.

Comment

Mind posting a link? I mean, I know I could look it up, but the effort seems to be beyond me at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by BJMills View Post
          Mind posting a link? I mean, I know I could look it up, but the effort seems to be beyond me at the moment.

Here https://www.reddit.com/r/WingChun/co..._master_using/

Looks like they deleted the other though. I'm mean.

Comment

Originally posted by AcerTempest View Post
            Well, if you are looking to challenge your own record r/aikido and r/hapkido, along with r/TraditionalNinjutsu/ are still hanging around. Go nuts if you haven't been banned from them yet.
            Perfect, thank you.

Comment

Reddit and MAP are a lot alike.

Getting banned from MAP is pretty straight forward. Question any part of the Booj narrative and the first chance they get, you are toast. In my case, using the letters "BS" was enough to get banned.

Getting scrubbed off Reddit is even easier.

Reddit has what I like to call the "editor's curse", a form of online power trip that puts traditional god modes to shame.

Because they are more open than forums (which require establishing a persistent strategic identity, redditors are even more ruthless, like IRC dorks with +v

You have no idea who is behind those accounts, compared to a place like MAP or BS. So they can do even more of whatever they want with no repercussion and since they can delete at whim, no record.

Absolute power on Reddit is a scary-stupid thing to witness. It's the cyber version of watching someone fry bugs with a magnifying glass.
              Last edited by W. Rabbit; 4/19/2019 1:54pm, .

Comment

True story, there is a Reddit out there for a popular online game devoted to ME, as the worst player in the game's history. Thousands and thousands of players but I'm the lucky guy somebody decided was worth a Reddit smack down.

Keep in mind I've never posted on Reddit, and didn't take part in the thread. Yet googling my toon one day looking for my stats, I found this months long rant. Someone cared that much to make a reddit. Some people knew me, but most were blown away at the stupidity of the thread.

There are some real obsessive compulsive types there. At least Wikipedia is a bit more Democratic. Reddit is the Khmer Rouge of discussion sites.
                Last edited by W. Rabbit; 4/19/2019 2:01pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by The Cap View Post
                  Here https://www.reddit.com/r/WingChun/co..._master_using/

Looks like they deleted the other though. I'm mean.
                  LoL, "le Cap". Rock on, soldier.

Who was the WC "bloke"?

Comment

MAP can go eat a bag of dicks. That site is one big circle jerk where you cant swear or have any real discussion about martial arts. Its like if somone made a martial arts version of grindr but even more gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Kravbizarre View Post
                      MAP can go eat a bag of dicks. That site is one big circle jerk where you cant swear or have any real discussion about martial arts. Its like if somone made a martial arts version of grindr but even more gay.
                      Well, to be TOTALLY honest, using the initials "BS" instead of bullshit only got me a 3 day ban.

It was only after I sent multiple profanity-packed emails to Aegis (the 'global mod') telling them what a bunch of jerks they were and how stupid the policy was, that got me a lifetime ban.

Phrost got banned pretty much the same way.

Too bad, the site was only half bad. Like BS they had a small core of actual alive MAists, but they were kind of drowned out in certain topics and eventually the site became like a ghost town.

The only thing preventing that growth of apathy here is timing, movement, and energy...

Anybody know what those are?

Comment

My only real experience with MAP was just following a link or comment from a thread here years ago to the ninja section there. If you've seen that recent 'Aikido is better than BJJ'/Aikido guy who said that gets his ass kicked video that's been going, most of the posters there reminded me of that Aikido guy sans the ass kicking, unfortunately. Just essays on how if you go to Japan and study the 'true art' your lunge punch will actually work, no need to spar, kata provide sufficient resistance, etc etc. Usually I find that kind of thing amusing, but there was so much of it, it was actually hard to stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by BJMills View Post
                          My only real experience with MAP was just following a link or comment from a thread here years ago to the ninja section there. If you've seen that recent 'Aikido is better than BJJ'/Aikido guy who said that gets his ass kicked video that's been going, most of the posters there reminded me of that Aikido guy sans the ass kicking, unfortunately. Just essays on how if you go to Japan and study the 'true art' your lunge punch will actually work, no need to spar, kata provide sufficient resistance, etc etc. Usually I find that kind of thing amusing, but there was so much of it, it was actually hard to stomach.
                          I know exactly which members you're talking about. I had practically the same experience.

One in particular was a notorious "secret student". Would not share shit about themselves, their instruction, or teachers. But their ninjer skills were the legit ones, and you would not understand without travelling to Japan and drinking sake with real ninjas.

But God forbid you made, say, a note like "you know, Japan itself doesn't recognize Hatsumi" and hoy boy, 100 pages of ninja "research" was coming...including why every ninja video on YT was wrong, and only the secret students could tell you why (the Ninja way).

There are actually quite a few Facebook groups devoted to both making and debunking X-Kan claims, but worse than Reddit because you can get blocked/reported for hate speech just for making a joke, and that has a hidden effect on your profile, like making other similar sites harder to find.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                            I know exactly which members you're talking about. I had practically the same experience.

One in particular was a notorious "secret student". Would not share shit about themselves, their instruction, or teachers. But their ninjer skills were the legit ones, and you would not understand without travelling to Japan and drinking sake with real ninjas.

But God forbid you made, say, a note like "you know, Japan itself doesn't recognize Hatsumi" and hoy boy, 100 pages of ninja "research" was coming...including why every ninja video on YT was wrong, and only the secret students could tell you why (the Ninja way).

There are actually quite a few Facebook groups devoted to both making and debunking X-Kan claims, but worse than Reddit because you can get blocked/reported for hate speech just for making a joke, and that has a hidden effect on your profile, like making other similar sites harder to find.
                            Funny. It's been years but I do sort of recall one argument about how all of Hatsumi's videos were intentionally wrong so only the real students in Japan could get the real training, or something along those lines. It was just nuts.

Comment

I've only studied kanji for a few years but I'm pretty sure 忍法 (ninpo) is Japanese for "lie out your ass until they capture and kill you hence "Ren" (endure).

Unfortunately the "Ren" part has been misused in the modern ninjer vernacular to become "anonymous tough guy", especially online.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X