Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conor calls it quits

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    I don't think he even wants to beat Khabib.
    He's just not hungry for it anymore. Now that his paycheck isn't dependent on victory he's basically a tomato can.
    Something I'm certain isn't lost on the guy. I wouldn't want to go out like that either.
    Yeah, I was thinking even with the lead up to the fight that he was off. He cared more about promoting his booze and pimping his clothes. But I withheld judgment because he is so good, and you never can tell. But after seeing him in the ring, it was apparent. I think he was hoping to ride his own fame into a win and then retire. But now he is happy to just end it. Khabib would definitely be coming in focused.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
      Yeah, I was thinking even with the lead up to the fight that he was off. He cared more about promoting his booze and pimping his clothes. But I withheld judgment because he is so good, and you never can tell. But after seeing him in the ring, it was apparent. I think he was hoping to ride his own fame into a win and then retire. But now he is happy to just end it. Khabib would definitely be coming in focused.
      If there's anything I've picked up from spectating MMA recently it's that one should never casually pick a fight with a Dagestani.

      They're just a little too down for it.

      Comment


        #18
        What's the bottom right one?

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
          What's the bottom right one?
          My guess is tattoo "gun" or whatever they call them. You know, to make tattoos.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by BKR View Post
            My guess is tattoo "gun" or whatever they call them. You know, to make tattoos.
            Was my guess too, but then I thought: "Tattoos are ruin? Naah"

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
              Was my guess too, but then I thought: "Tattoos are ruin? Naah"
              And the joint, should have some blow or a syringe and needle, amirite?

              Weed and tattoos, the downfall of many a good man, and Lord, I know, I am one...

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by BKR View Post
                And the joint, should have some blow or a syringe and needle, amirite?

                Weed and tattoos, the downfall of many a good man, and Lord, I know, I am one...
                You have tattoos? But... but... you're oooooold.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
                  You have tattoos? But... but... you're oooooold.
                  Only scars of my long and arduous life.
                  #OldWhitePersonPrivelegeFirstWorldProblems

                  Plus, freckles....lots of freckles...natures tatoos...

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by battlefields View Post
                    Dana basically praised the decision, though, so you know there is money to be made.

                    What's the bet on timeframe until he comes "out of retirement" for "one last showdown"?
                    10 months to a year.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
                      https://www.foxnews.com/sports/conor...g-from-mma.amp

                      Disappointing if true. The guy used to at least back up his obnoxious mouth with real heart and wicked skills in the cage.
                      I was hoping his wounded ego would give him the kick in the ass he needed to bring the heat for a few more fights. Win lose or draw, hater or fanboi, I think everyone wanted to see classic Connor back in action.
                      But now it looks like he really is just the histrionic prima dona he presented himself as. He's trully crossed the line from heel to shite cunt. Like he forgot it was hype and started to believe his own press releases.
                      Somehow I think this isn't the last we'll see of him either. I give fair odds to these tweets being a P.R. stunt. Trying to creat an artificial scarcity for his brand. But who cares at this point? This is guy that's now 0/2 against bus windows and cell phones. Hasn't won a match in something like three or four years now
                      The truth is this is Connor walking out is old news.
                      Connor retired when he decided to fight Mayweather. He peaked right then an there. And now he only accepts fights for the money. Winning isn't as important as collecting that check. And he'll take it all for the check. Even if that means being publicly molested by a humorless Dagestani with severe C-PTSD.
                      He's can now. The guy that once slept Jose Aldo in 14 seconds is now a gawdamned tomato can. Bloody shame...
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]18189[/ATTACH]
                      I'm calling BS. Good old Dr. Bill treated us to several pages in another thread about how Conor is now working for the Irish Mafia:
                      So, cleary Bill is right about all things, and thus there is no way that the Irish mob, is going to get their hooks in a professional fighter like that and then just let him retire...

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                        I'm calling BS. Good old Dr. Bill treated us to several pages in another thread about how Conor is now working for the Irish Mafia:


                        So, cleary Bill is right about all things, and thus there is no way that the Irish mob, is going to get their hooks in a professional fighter like that and then just let him retire...
                        You're very silly.

                        The future is the future.

                        A fighter who says he is retired does not always stay retired.

                        And who knows when or what shape a favor or come hither will take.

                        Mr. McGregor has business interests besides fighting.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          merged
                          Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

                          Comment

                          Collapse

                          Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                          Working...
                          X