Conor calls it quits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conor calls it quits

I McGregor is going to concentrate fully on his new career as a petty assualter??

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/26/cono...-from-ufc.html

Or maybe when his money runs out he will announce his return.

Connor Taps Out of M.M.A.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/conor...g-from-mma.amp

Disappointing if true. The guy used to at least back up his obnoxious mouth with real heart and wicked skills in the cage.
    I was hoping his wounded ego would give him the kick in the ass he needed to bring the heat for a few more fights. Win lose or draw, hater or fanboi, I think everyone wanted to see classic Connor back in action.
    But now it looks like he really is just the histrionic prima dona he presented himself as. He's trully crossed the line from heel to shite cunt. Like he forgot it was hype and started to believe his own press releases.
    Somehow I think this isn't the last we'll see of him either. I give fair odds to these tweets being a P.R. stunt. Trying to creat an artificial scarcity for his brand. But who cares at this point? This is guy that's now 0/2 against bus windows and cell phones. Hasn't won a match in something like three or four years now
    The truth is this is Connor walking out is old news.
    Connor retired when he decided to fight Mayweather. He peaked right then an there. And now he only accepts fights for the money. Winning isn't as important as collecting that check. And he'll take it all for the check. Even if that means being publicly molested by a humorless Dagestani with severe C-PTSD.
    He's can now. The guy that once slept Jose Aldo in 14 seconds is now a gawdamned tomato can. Bloody shame...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	deff300a41.jpg
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	4330813

Comment

I beat you by 2 hours in the MMA thread so ptthhh. Anyhoo, he's probably just butthurt over his current situation. I hope he doesn't go the route of mayhem Miller.

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
        I beat you by 2 hours in the MMA thread so ptthhh. Anyhoo, he's probably just butthurt over his current situation. I hope he doesn't go the route of mayhem Miller.
        That would really suck.
        Unless we get a reality show where they're in rehab together.
        But I'd rather see a time line where they get redeemed and win fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
          I McGregor is going to concentrate fully on his new career as a petty assualter??

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/26/cono...-from-ufc.html

Or maybe when his money runs out he will announce his return.
          I think he'd make more money as a fight promoter ala Don King. Be incendiary, explosively obnoxious, act like a heel, start beefs between fighters, sell tickets, get a cut, do what he's already doing without all the exercise, dieting and punches to the face.

Comment

I've been thinking he is done any way. He's too rich to care any more. And he knows he can't beat Khabib in a rematch.

Comment

With the UFC going away from payper view, it probably cuts too deep into what Connor would want to make for a fight anyway.

Comment

Good.
                GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                Originally posted by Devil
                I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Maybe it has something to do with this:

Conor McGregor investigated for sexual assault

Comment

That's an old headline, and probably just resurfacing because he's a hot topic again. Though when it aired here it was just "Irish Sports Star" because of anynomnity law no one is named until conviction, and this is the first he's actually named, instead of just rumoured. Could be some proper Ray Donovan shit going on.

The allegations are pretty serious. If there's truth to it, it's really fucked up!

Comment

Originally posted by Ulsteryank View Post
                      That's an old headline, and probably just resurfacing because he's a hot topic again. Though when it aired here it was just "Irish Sports Star" because of anynomnity law no one is named until conviction, and this is the first he's actually named, instead of just rumoured. Could be some proper Ray Donovan shit going on.

The allegations are pretty serious. If there's truth to it, it's really fucked up!
                      Probably takes longer for the American Good Ol Boy network to pick up on the subtleties in your news feed.
                      Thanks for the inside scoop (from behind the bergamot curtain).

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
                        I've been thinking he is done any way. He's too rich to care any more. And he knows he can't beat Khabib in a rematch.
                        I don't think he even wants to beat Khabib.
                        He's just not hungry for it anymore. Now that his paycheck isn't dependent on victory he's basically a tomato can.
                        Something I'm certain isn't lost on the guy. I wouldn't want to go out like that either.

Comment

Dana basically praised the decision, though, so you know there is money to be made.

What's the bet on timeframe until he comes "out of retirement" for "one last showdown"?
                          GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                          Originally posted by Devil
                          I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                          Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                          I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
                            Probably takes longer for the American Good Ol Boy network to pick up on the subtleties in your news feed.
                            Thanks for the inside scoop (from behind the bergamot curtain).
                            Actually when I say older it was only around Xmas time before the New Year, but he wasn't officially named. I alluded to it in a past post with his name in the topic, but left it there since it was just heresay until further development. If the rumours end up being true, cocaine and the Kinahan gang were involved again, and would've occurred closely to the time of the birth of his daughter....but again nothing has been proven. Could be jabs made at his fame, or very fucked up if true

Comment

Originally posted by Ulsteryank View Post
                              Actually when I say older it was only around Xmas time before the New Year, but he wasn't officially named. I alluded to it in a past post with his name in the topic, but left it there since it was just heresay until further development. If the rumours end up being true, cocaine and the Kinahan gang were involved again, and would've occurred closely to the time of the birth of his daughter....but again nothing has been proven. Could be jabs made at his fame, or very fucked up if true
                              The guy's life is basically a Man's Ruin tattoo.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	967bc449644f1346431daeaa270f3f4f.jpg
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	4330816

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X