Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam Browning View Post
    Hi Cap:

According to Alex's book "Befriend and Betray" he left Quebec as a young man, has been back infrequently, and prior to at least 2002 didn't reside there for any length of time. (He doesn't say where he lives these days)

So that's pretty consistent with your analysis. I had wanted to make sure the guy wasn't some anglo who had taken some high school french and invented an identity out of it.
    Glad I could help, been a while since I did.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
      Nom de plume, oui.

Bravo, hon hon hon.

Why in the seven hells have you reminded me?

Comment

Friend's son also confirmed the accent is "100% talking with a Quebec accent, it’s not an easy accent to fake, but that doesn’t mean for sure he isn’t faking it."

Comment

I also heard back from the lawyer for a Bandido who was in the Bellmont Washington chapter at the same time as Alex. I'm going to provide more information in a later post, but yes there was an "Alex Caine" who was an informer/infiltrator for law enforcement. So the part where he's in Washington State is globally true.

Bellingham, WA...
          Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
            Bellingham, WA...
            You rock. I missed that too.

Even the littlest details can change the course of the future.

Comment

I read Alex's book "Charlie and the Angels" this weekend. "Charlie" refers to the nickname the Outlaw bikers gang uses for the skull on their patches. The Outlaws and the Hell's Angels are the two biggest 1% biker clubs in the United States with the Bandidos coming in third.

Its a breezy read with easily 90% to 95% of the account coming from press clippings and other open source accounts. This is not suprising, it's not like Alex could infiltrate each and every one of the major MCs he writes about. His summary of the difference between the two clubs is that "The Outlaws remain true one percenters. They are outlaw bikers first and criminals second. Crime supports the lifestyle. With the Angels the reverse is true." (p. 24) Given that Alex describes all kinds of drug dealing activity and murders by the Outlaws, I'm not sure I buy this distinction which is obviously a matter of degree. He does point out that the Outlaws like to operate under the radar much more then the Hell's Angels, and when expanding into a new territory they like to do so quietly.

I noticed one error however which Alex should have caught.

On page 93 of his book he discusses Yves Trudeau who was a Hell's Angels who took part in upwards of 43 murders, mostly hits during the Quebec biker wars. Then Yves became an informer, got out after serving another 7 years, and in 2004 to 2008 did another prison sentence for sexually assaulting a boy. (What a guy) Alex who copyrighted his book in 2012 writes, "He's now in his sixties and unless he's been arrested for something else in the meantime, as you read this he's a free man." (p. 93)

Errr, not quite. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yves_Trudeau_(biker) indicates he came down with cancer during the 2004 to 2008 prison stint and died in 2008 though the article doesn't provide a precise Date of Death.

Given that Trudeau was a central figure in the Quebec Biker wars in the 1980s and 1990s, and was mentioned on 11 pages of Alex's book. (according to the index) Alex should have not made this mistake.

Comment

You rock. I missed that too.

Even the littlest details can change the course of the future.
                LOL, my wife lived in Bellingham. She is not unfamiliar with this topic. I keep meaning to ask her about it.I think it was after the heavier-dutier stuff blew over, though.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

This weekend I'm going to write up a timeline for the books, but I have to do it offline so I don't lose all my text. It will take a while.

Sam

Comment

This weekend I'm going to write up a timeline for the books, but I have to do it offline so I don't lose all my text. It will take a while.

Sam
                    Thank you, Sam !

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X