Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time you used MA in a non-training situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This morning. I let my situational awareness slip a fraction, good lesson. No violence ensued, fortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by kimjonghng View Post
      Youd think a boxer would understand this, and the second he realized you won't fight how he does he's going to whine... sounds almost bujinkan level logic. Got any evidence of his records besides his mouth?
      Think he's done a load of amature stuff. He was even in either the common wealth games or the olympics but we're going back years ago. I know he likes to brag about it but one of the guys that watched it exclaimed "I stayed up until 04:00 the morning to watch it and you was a sleep before I was" so I don't think he faired great. He's legit and I've no need to doubt it. Just a tit. We've got two cage fighters that work at this firm and a few boxers including one of the new starters. One day he's going to try that shtick on the wrong person and they'll not wait for the gloves. Personally I'd sooner just keep my job and slap him away as being harmless.

Also this is a point of annoyance for me. I see so many challenge matches specially against MMA guys where grappling has been ruled out. As if thats not like a main form of combat. I hate this idea that upon the challenge the MMA guy tends to have to work towards their rules as opposed to working in the MMA rules where in neither are restricting one another. Like if you want to make the challenge and prove yourself then accept the challenge with the complete system in mind.
      Last edited by Sovvolf; 3/14/2019 3:23pm, .
      "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Sovvolf View Post
        Think he's done a load of amature stuff. He was even in either the common wealth games or the olympics but we're going back years ago. I know he likes to brag about it but one of the guys that watched it exclaimed "I stayed up until 04:00 the morning to watch it and you was a sleep before I was" so I don't think he faired great. He's legit and I've no need to doubt it. Just a tit. We've got two cage fighters that work at this firm and a few boxers including one of the new starters. One day he's going to try that shtick on the wrong person and they'll not wait for the gloves. Personally I'd sooner just keep my job and slap him away as being harmless.

Also this is a point of annoyance for me. I see so many challenge matches specially against MMA guys where grappling has been ruled out. As if thats not like a main form of combat. I hate this idea that upon the challenge the MMA guy tends to have to work towards their rules as opposed to working in the MMA rules where in neither are restricting one another. Like if you want to make the challenge and prove yourself then accept the challenge with the complete system in mind.
        It's also absurd. If you challenge someone else, they get to pick the weapons. You get to pick the time, place, and what will satisfy you. I.E. Death, first blood, whatever...

Because of training, I always have my feder in my car. It tends to discourage such idiots rather quickly.

Comment

Just had a couple hobos pull knives on me.
          Didn't really use any MA moves other than remaining calm and letting them know it was time to leave.
          There was a big counter between us and I had my "life insurance policy" at the ready just out of sight.
          Basically just Jedi mind fucked them out the door though. Didn't have to end a knife fight with a shooting.
          I don't feel like a badass. I just feel sick in the pit of my stomach.
          I'm getting too old for this shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
            Just had a couple hobos pull knives on me.
            Didn't really use any MA moves other than remaining calm and letting them know it was time to leave.
            There was a big counter between us and I had my "life insurance policy" at the ready just out of sight.
            Basically just Jedi mind fucked them out the door though. Didn't have to end a knife fight with a shooting.
            I don't feel like a badass. I just feel sick in the pit of my stomach.
            I'm getting too old for this shit.
            Enjoy this piece of entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
              Enjoy this piece of entertainment

TFW you're trying to impress your new Supervisor but he just made you smoke Sherm at gunpoint.

Comment

Last time was probably last year when the youngin's were fucking around in the warehouse with one inch punches in the back room and one of them wanted to see how I'd do it so I showed him what's what.

Comment

Originally posted by Sovvolf View Post
                  This is the sort of thinking that led to the fighting arts forgetting about the importance of grappling for decades or more.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X