Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ulsteryank
    replied
    I'm from St. Louis (came from TKD and Karate growing up there), and everytime I'm visiting home train at Watson Martial Arts. There's two Gracie Barra academy's in STL I have the option of training at for free, both very good as well, but go to Watson's as it's a top notch facility, and environment. Kyle was Matt Hughs's BJJ coach, and on the TUF GSP vs Koshcheck season. He's always been friendly and welcoming, inviting me down everytime he knows I'm in town.

He also does seminars with military and law enforcement. There's a reason why military and law enforcement train MMA and BJJ, because it works.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    So you gonna share? Cause I am too shpongled to start a serious whothisbe kinda rabbit hole this month.
    Not sure, Ill get it to you , but not tonight.

My first impression is it is a retirement plan for the dude.

Leave a comment:

• BackFistMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by BKR View Post
    You guys are slacking. I already found out who is running that show.
    Interesting dude...
    So you gonna share? Cause I am too shpongled to start a serious whothisbe kinda rabbit hole this month.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    You guys are slacking. I already found out who is running that show.
    Interesting dude...

Leave a comment:

• Sovvolf
    replied
    From what I've heard Krav was only intended to be a quick crash course in self defence for army combatives trained over a few weeks to give them a rough idea on what to do if they got into an hand to hand combat situation beyond straight up panicking.

It's prevalence today is born out of legit Krav teachers trying to make a quick buck and total idiots trying or fraudsters looking to con people out of a few bucks.

So in the military circuit it's likely there just to instil a tad bit of false confidence to keep troops fighting. In the civilian circuit it's likely there just to instil a tad bit of false confidence to get you arse whooped or killed... Pass...
    Last edited by Sovvolf; 2/22/2019 6:45pm, .

Leave a comment:

• Kravbizarre
    replied
    Originally posted by tersec View Post
    Seems like majority of people on this site dislike TKD for self defense and KM and Systema have alot of Mcdojos around the US.

I'm 55 year old male and was just wanting self defense really, that has no MA training and not in very good shape.
    Right now I'm going to put this on hold until I meet some people with first hand advice, that I can trust and not get ripped off/ waste money.

Leave a comment:

• tersec
    replied
    Those creds are far from the ones needed to create and teach Class Nikita!

https://www.pr.com/press-release/471107

Leave a comment:

• BackFistMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by submessenger View Post
    USA Boxing, if true, that's at least a legit, verifiable certification which carries some standards along with it. Doesn't mean his instruction is good, but it's a start.
    Those creds are far from the ones needed to create and teach Class Nikita!
    Class Nikita is based on female bodyguard training and female specialized operative courses designed with most urban situations in mind. It is our belief that if you train in the skills utilized by high level security and intelligence practitioners, then most street level threats will become rudimentary. And you can still look sexy AF while doing it.

Leave a comment:

• submessenger
    replied
    Originally posted by tersec View Post
    Meet the Manager
    Joe M.
    Joe M.
    Manager
    United States Marine Corps: 1987-1994
    United States Department of State: 1994-1998
    St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department: 2000-Present

Combat/ Martial Arts and defensive tactics:
    *Certified USA Boxing Coach
    * Certified Russian System Instructor
    * Israeli Krav Maga Black Belt Instructor
    * Kenpo Karate Black Belt
    * US Marine Corps Boxing Team
    * Instructor - Marine Corps LINE Combat System
    USA Boxing, if true, that's at least a legit, verifiable certification which carries some standards along with it. Doesn't mean his instruction is good, but it's a start.

Leave a comment:

• tersec
    replied
    Originally posted by halfcut View Post
    If they're teaching Ryabko Systema it probably sucks... It's basically a guarantee
    You are right that's what they are teaching.

Website says only the schools listed on this page are currently certified and recognized to teach Systema as presented by Vladimir Vasiliev and Mikhail Ryabko.

Leave a comment:

• tersec
    replied
    I could not find any info on the instructors.
    Meet the Manager
    Joe M.
    Joe M.
    Manager
    United States Marine Corps: 1987-1994
    United States Department of State: 1994-1998
    St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department: 2000-Present

Combat/ Martial Arts and defensive tactics:
    *Certified USA Boxing Coach
    * Certified Russian System Instructor
    * Israeli Krav Maga Black Belt Instructor
    * Kenpo Karate Black Belt
    * US Marine Corps Boxing Team
    * Instructor - Marine Corps LINE Combat System

Leave a comment:

• halfcut
    replied
    If they're teaching Ryabko Systema it probably sucks... It's basically a guarantee

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Because the entire site is Marketing Wank built around revolving instructors and wolf tickets ...
    Yeah, the site looked like one of those boilerplate specials you can buy and add own info too.

I looked up the address on Sarpy Avenue (4208), it's office space with an overhead door and some odd looking writing that I cannot quite make out painted on the glass door. I could not make out the phone number on the door quite well enough to reverse lookup the number, either.

4208 is owned by MVG Properties Inc.

Building permit in 2014 for:

Leave a comment:

• BackFistMonkey
    replied
    Because the entire site is Marketing Wank built around revolving instructors and wolf tickets ...

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X