• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]18120[/ATTACH]
    "has anyone seen my gun?

I put it down on the ground"

Comment

I love when people claim to teach swat, LEO, corrections personnel. So some dude from (insert local LEO) shows up to some classes and all the sudden you are an expert teaching LEO. GTFOH
      Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Troy is at it again and he's at his most arrogant and idiotic (as we know him best). This time he has a four video series where he "Dismantles" Boxing, explains why it's completely useless, and why RDT is so far superior. The videos follow the format as his "Blade Combat RDT vs FMA" and "Ferocious 5" videos. He has someone half heartedly and poorly demonstrating a Boxing, FMA, or grappling technique that they clearly do not competently grasp and then uses that as an example of why it's crap and won't work. It's the video equivalent of a straw man argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldust View Post
          Troy is at it again and he's at his most arrogant and idiotic (as we know him best). This time he has a four video series where he "Dismantles" Boxing, explains why it's completely useless, and why RDT is so far superior. The videos follow the format as his "Blade Combat RDT vs FMA" and "Ferocious 5" videos. He has someone half heartedly and poorly demonstrating a Boxing, FMA, or grappling technique that they clearly do not competently grasp and then uses that as an example of why it's crap and won't work. It's the video equivalent of a straw man argument.

I thought butterbean was a boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
            Pfft... What for. We all know that MMA bullshit doesn't work. The Furious Five, now if they could just find Grand Master Flash:
            I have it on good authority that Fab Five Freddy has developed the power to turn his enemies to stone with his smooth rhymes.

No contest.
            "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
              This is from their website:

For the lady

OK, they apparently also use the Redman suit which I find funny as it is really outdated
              Oh holy shit, you could mine the ever loving fuck out of these guys just based on the few credentials they actually drop.

"Martial Arts Masters Hall of Fame"

Yeah... the website has a store and it looks like it's yet another diploma mill except for giving away phony achievement awards that you pay for.

Edit: oh holy shit, there's even a "collectible coin" scam in the store page.

Look at the price tags on this crazy shit?

And just how many people does this dipshit have to rip off to be able to afford a gym?

This is like the 9th circle of of martial arts hell. It's so fucking phony... How do people keep falling for this stuff?
              Last edited by Dung Beatles; 6/14/2019 7:32pm, .
              "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Originally posted by Goldust View Post

Thank you for the update!
                I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                BILL HICKS,
                1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                    Oh holy shit, you could mine the ever loving fuck out of these guys just based on the few credentials they actually drop.

"Martial Arts Masters Hall of Fame"
                    http://voyagephoenix.com/interview/m...ly-scottsdale/

Comment

More Troy nonsense. The first seven minutes is him just falling in love with the sound of his own voice and droning on as usual but at the seven minute mark they give a display of their "Matrix" style defense. Some time back I sarcastically referred to it as his "Matrix" defense as a joke but I didn't know that he literally compares it to the stuff from the movie. In fact he edits in a clip from one of the Matrix movies right in the middle of the drill (which is pure crap). One guy slaps the air a good six inches to a foot away from the "defender" who flails and parries. I guess that he can con the untrained with this kind of stuff because it makes a lot of noise and looks impressive to someone who doesn't know anything.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X