Decent training gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent training gear?

With getting back into training recently I've noticed that my old training gear is getting tatty and could really do with some good gear. Problem is and as embarrassing as this sounds. I don't really know what I'm looking for in terms of quality. What are the better brands for MMA/Muay Thai gear?

Sounds a daft question but thought it worth an ask before I go out paying for new stuff.
    "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Comment

Hayabusa and fairtex are probably the better ones. If its for training though i just go with whatever fits good and is of decent quality.

Comment

The main stuff that seems to be popping up at a decent price is the RDX stuff. Anyone have much experience with that gear?
        "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Comment

Comment

A guy at my old gym had a really nice pair of Rivals gloves but I think they're pretty expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Sovvolf View Post
              The main stuff that seems to be popping up at a decent price is the RDX stuff. Anyone have much experience with that gear?
              I have a full set of RDX MMA gear and it's adequate, but be warned the sizes can be kind of goofy. It's priced pretty similarly to Combat Corner which just a bit better overall and had I done a side by side comparison I would have gone in that direction

Comment

Everlast.

Okay, I can't say that with a straight face. I'm a big fan of Hayabusa and for the mediocre but still nice Revgear. I've seen the RDX stuff and it's okay too.

Comment

I looked at some Hayabusa equipment but it's dang out of my immediate price range. Stuffs damn expensive.

Comment

I looked at some Hayabusa equipment but it's dang out of my immediate price range. Stuffs damn expensive.
                    Yes, but such good quality.

Comment

What exactly are you looking for and are you going to use it besides bag work? You know as opposed to punching the air like H boy from the other thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
                        What exactly are you looking for and are you going to use it besides bag work? You know as opposed to punching the air like H boy from the other thread?
                        Full MMA and Muay Thai sparring gear. Shin pads, 16oz sparring gloves, MMA gloves that are also fit for sparring and some decent Thai and MMA shorts. Could maybe get some bag work gloves too or something for hitting the pads but I tend to just use my current 16oz for that because we spar more or less every night and I'm too lazy to keep changing gloves to match.

I also need a Gi for BJJ. They're allowing me to do the Gi class with no Gi at the moment on the promise that I'll try to obtain one asap.
                        Last edited by Sovvolf; 2/06/2019 12:53am, .

Comment

Full MMA and Muay Thai sparring gear. Shin pads, 16oz sparring gloves, MMA gloves that are also fit for sparring and some decent Thai and MMA shorts. Could maybe get some bag work gloves too or something for hitting the pads but I tend to just use my current 16oz for that because we spar more or less every night and I'm too lazy to keep changing gloves to match.

I also need a Gi for BJJ. They're allowing me to do the Gi class with no Gi at the moment on the promise that I'll try to obtain one asap.

Comment

Some of my guys brought in their RDX shin guard yesterday. I don’t recommend.

Comment

The RDX shin guards are really where they're lacking. I just couldn't find a size that fits properly so I usually end up wearing my Green Hill slip ons if we're doing any sort of grappling

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X