Machida Karate apparently not a fluke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machida Karate apparently not a fluke

So I don't expect any serious discussion really here, just interesting to see Weber Almeida smash chinchilla in Bellator 214.
    His style is very similar Lyoto's.

What do you all think?

Karate is for pussies.
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Originally posted by brihno360 View Post
      So I don't expect any serious discussion really here, just interesting to see Weber Almeida smash chinchilla in Bellator 214.
      His style is very similar Lyoto's.

What do you all think?
      Haven't really seen the fight. For some reason my DVR didn't record.

Comment

People think Machidas style was a fluke?
        "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
          Karate is for pussies.
          True. Actually I think there is another thread on here about how all MA's are BS.
          I believe the Holy Moment school of Bicep Curl-jitsu though, may have some long term health benefits.
          What say you, Master Moment?

Comment

Originally posted by Sovvolf View Post
            People think Machidas style was a fluke?
            It seems like there was a lot of chatter a (long) while back about it just sort of being his thing only. I may have had the wrong perception about that though.

Comment

if you haven't seen the fight, it's here:
              http://www.bellator.com/fight/sa2j6w...dan-chinchilla

Comment

As far as the Karate is for pussies thing goes, I don't disagree on any particular point.
                I read through part of the strength post and it brought to mind something I saw on one of Rener's videos. He was saying that you effectively lose a belt if your opponent is the same skill level as you but 10 years younger, or if he's 10 LBS heavier. That's not an exact quote but it was something like that.

Comment

As far as the Karate is for pussies thing goes, I don't disagree on any particular point.
                  I am one of the few karate guys around here, I think, and I don't disagree either.

Comment

I've been doing Taekwondo for like 15 years. I mostly do it to keep myself moving and keep the flexibility from my youth. I'm not over here thinking that it's making me some sort of badass. But it does seem to make my oldness have slightly less deleterious effects on my body. I imagine that a crossfit class or some other dynamic workout would have the same effect, I just don't like going to gyms

Comment

I am 50 years old and have practiced karate and several others arts over the last 38 years or so. The result is that I have more lifestyle-impairing injuries than anyone I know in my age range.

Comment

Originally posted by ksennin View Post
                        I am 50 years old and have practiced karate and several others arts over the last 38 years or so. The result is that I have more lifestyle-impairing injuries than anyone I know in my age range.
                        I started training at 18. I am now 24. I am absolutely riddled with nagging injuries.

Comment

if you haven't seen the fight, it's here:
                          http://www.bellator.com/fight/sa2j6w...dan-chinchilla
                          That dude's got some long fucking arms.

Comment

Yeah he does. I hadn't really noticed, but I think his arms probably really help him maintain the elusive characteristics of that style.

Comment

All of my injuries are from other stuff (mainly skiing and brick work, plus some back injuries from doing jiu jitsu). With that being said, my instructor warned me not to do full extension on techniques unless there was a bag or target mit involved. I also followed He Il Cho's method of using a lighter heavy bag. I currently work out with a 45LBS. heavy bag. I'm 45 and been doing various martial arts since I was in my mid 20's. Oddly Judo was the one that did me the least amount of damage. The worst thing from that was dislocating my big toe on my right foot from planting wrong while doing Uchi Komi

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X