Who is bae313?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is bae313?

I have found this YouTube channel with the name "bae313" (https://www.youtube.com/user/bae313) and I was curious if someone of you knows more about the guy. Is he legit? His "slasher course" is impressive to say the least.

He talks alot. Ive heard alot of logical ideas and concepts before. Problem is alot of that shit falls to pieces when a fight or proper sparring takes place. I didnt see him spar in any of the the videos (i was purposly skipping through to find some). Until theres sparring with like a marker (so you can see where slashes have made contact) im putting him in the ‘youtube’ expert category.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Ragnos View Post
      I have found this YouTube channel with the name "bae313" (https://www.youtube.com/user/bae313) and I was curious if someone of you knows more about the guy. Is he legit? His "slasher course" is impressive to say the least.

Comment

Hi BJMills

It is impressive that he teaches the knife fighting system of Don Pentecost as well as his own stuff. His curriculum is large and is probably the best one on YouTube. Granted, I have been in very few knife encounters, but many of the things he teaches strike me as useful.

Comment

Hi Kravbizarre

I agree! Many of his concepts strike me as too complicated. Anyway, he teaches some useful stuff.

Comment

I'm with Kravbizarre, no sparring or pressure testing means it's just another pile of youtube bullshit...

Though admittedly Krav was bit more circumspect in his evaluation.

Comment

Originally posted by BJMills View Post
              I'm with Kravbizarre, no sparring or pressure testing means it's just another pile of youtube bullshit...

Though admittedly Krav was bit more circumspect in his evaluation.
              Do you think that he is just one of many pretenders? Does someone know who he actually is? He claims that he has a rather large history of being involved in violence. He also claims to have been a member of the Marines in the past.

Comment

Do you think that he is just one of many pretenders? Does someone know who he actually is? He claims that he has a rather large history of being involved in violence. He also claims to have been a member of the Marines in the past.
                People claim a lot of things online.

Also, lots of people were marines. I didn't spend any time looking into him so it may or may not be true. Ultimately though, even if that is proven to be true, you can respect someone for their service to the country while still remaining skeptical of their claims that go above and beyond it.

Comment

People claim a lot of things online.

Also, lots of people were marines. I didn't spend any time looking into him so it may or may not be true. Ultimately though, even if that is proven to be true, you can respect someone for their service to the country while still remaining skeptical of their claims that go above and beyond it.

Comment

Pressure testing.

How do people perform, according to their own claims, against people testing those claims.

For instance, you can be a champion karate point fighter, but if all you are claiming is to be a great point fighter then it's all good. We can see how that person performs in karate kumite competitions to validate or invalidate those claims.

The Gracie's claimed in to have the best no holds barred style of fighting. They organized a tournament to prove those claims and they were more or less validated (yes there's all kinds of debates about who was and wasn't allowed to compete, that can be and has been many threads of its own but point is Royce fought a bunch of people in no holds barred fights and won).

The Dog Brothers have plenty of weapon based pressure testing. It's pretty much their (much deserved) claim to fame in the MA world. Look them up. And again I only scrubbed through that dude's website but you'll notice with the Dog Bros, a lot less talking and a lot more doing.

Comment

how can one distinguish a master from a con artist?
                      Masters generally dont have a cardboard cut out ductaped to a beam as training apperatus. They also generally have quality students.

Comment

Pressure testing.

How do people perform, according to their own claims, against people testing those claims.

For instance, you can be a champion karate point fighter, but if all you are claiming is to be a great point fighter then it's all good. We can see how that person performs in karate kumite competitions to validate or invalidate those claims.

The Gracie's claimed in to have the best no holds barred style of fighting. They organized a tournament to prove those claims and they were more or less validated (yes there's all kinds of debates about who was and wasn't allowed to compete, that can be and has been many threads of its own but point is Royce fought a bunch of people in no holds barred fights and won).

The Dog Brothers have plenty of weapon based pressure testing. It's pretty much their (much deserved) claim to fame in the MA world. Look them up. And again I only scrubbed through that dude's website but you'll notice with the Dog Bros, a lot less talking and a lot more doing.
                        Thank you very much!

Comment

Man, I tried to get through some of his videos. They are some of the worst shot videos I’ve seen. I tried to watch his angles of attack video, but he’s sitting in the shadow. Why would he do that? I tried watching the footwork video, got through his “box” angles and their ok, he’s just talking way too much. I could have taught all of the PTK footwork to you in the time that he taught box stepping in his video. And his step and drag footwork was not good. You don’t want to drag your feet. I don’t know why he was holding the knife at his hip. Don’t do that.

Is there any sparring video of him? Point me to one of those and I’ll tell you if he is legit or not.

Comment

Hi Diesel_tke!

The closest I have found to sparring in his videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycIZ9SshSps, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzS1GEb0Af0 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V1MsuLQ50c. While I doubt that any of this qualifies as actual sparring, there are some small bits of non-choreographed movements in there. I agree with you, the absence of actual sparring in his videos is rather suspicious. I also find it weird how nobody seems to know him. If he would be the tough fighter he claims to be, wouldn`t at least somebody know his name or in the very least have heard of him? This is all very strange to say the least.

Comment

He looks like a guy who read a bunch of knife fighting books, watched a lot of videos, and then trained in his back yard with someone. Maybe a couple guys. And then after he consistently beats his untrained partners he started believing that he is better than he is. Next thing you know, he's a youtube master teaching people.

It's easy to do. If you are training at home or with a group of people, you constantly have to travel or bring in other sparring partners to test yourself against. I know because I did it for years when their was no BJJ or MMA in my area. I had a group of people I trained with. Of course, we had training. But we went to regional competitions, we traveled to other schools, we did every seminar we could afford, and we brought in pro fighters to train with.

This guy, I would take in context.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X