All Martial Arts are Bullshit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lily View Post
    Omega - I was stirring you a bit, but I stand by the words I chose. Also all your examples were of yourself, I didn’t say a thing about you.

Mistreat an animal 100 times or 100 animals once - it is a spectrum to me. We are at the top of the food chain, our animals have few choices. I have been around horses for the past 29 years and seen quite a bit of mistreatment disguised as ‘discipline ‘ when it is often the handler who needs to check themselves . Believe it or not, a dentist-turned lay Buddhist nun with extensive experience with horses is the one who convinced me to reflect on my state and how we got to a situation before I interact with my animals.
    Have you read the Monks of New Skete?

It is a good read, and I say that as someone who used to train dogs for side cash as a young un.

And was a stable hand, myself.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
      Bear
      Snake
      Alligator
      Shark, dolphin, squid, most sea life, actually. I hear 'cuda is delicious, but risk of ciguatera poisoning makes it dangerous, if not outright illegal.

Pigs eat anything, but count as mostly carnivorous. Most poultry falls into this omnivorous category, too, yes, chickens and turkeys... Except for Chick-fil-a chickens, they only eat bibles, or something like that.

(edit) I forgot the sacred cow!

Literally, and actually, beef. Mad cow is purportedly caused by cows eating bad beef-ish stuff called "meat bone meal."
      Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by Kravbizarre View Post
        I cant see cat tasting good. All the meats people commonly eat are herbivores, theres a reason to it.
        A lot of people feel that way.

Raccoon is not bad.

And, Sub already beat me to my favorite omnivore, pig.

On the other hand, you throw some cat in a crock pot with a good base,

and as Pearl S Buck said, meat is meat. (thank you, mom).
        Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 1/14/2019 11:23pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
          Bear
          Snake
          Alligator
          Reptile is a challenge to cook just so, though.

Pull it too early, it is tough.

Pull it too late, it is tough.

I grew up on turtle soup on Fridays, Philly Catholic Grandfather and all.

And as a Floridian, I know at least one place that is a wizard with gator.

Comment

Originally posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
            Reptile is a challenge to cook just so, though.

Pull it too early, it is tough.

Pull it too late, it is tough.

I grew up on turtle soup on Fridays, Philly Catholic Grandfather and all.

And as a Floridian, I know at least one place that is a wizard with gator.

True, dat. With gator, there's a fine line between raw and rubber. Furthermore, at most establishments, you're not guaranteed a decent cut of meat.
            Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Comment

All of that being said...

The only thing nuttier than a psychologist is a damn horse whisperer and animal lover.

You know, the kind that will pull off the road to endanger every human to save a turtle or to heal a ridiculously wounded animal,

the kind that yours truly would have driven past or dispatched with a round to the head.

Comment

dispatched with a round to the head.
                  THANK YOU (YA YA)

It's been too long.

Boot to the head:

Comment

Originally posted by Kravbizarre View Post
                    I cant see cat tasting good. All the meats people commonly eat are herbivores, theres a reason to it.
                    Mountain Lion is yummy...

Comment

the kind that yours truly would have driven past or dispatched with a round to the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Lily View Post
                        I seriously read this as you shooting the nutter, not the animal.

I once tried to save a baby bird from the middle of a busy road. Four adult mynah were in distress and frantically trying to sweep the chick to the side of the road. I run in there and try to scoop the chick up only to be descended on by the adult birds (not to mention the drivers cussing me out as they couldn’t tell what I was doing). Whipped my coat off to try to fend the birds away with one hand and managed to get the chick in hand. Then it was on, a bloody swarm of adult birds watching from the side come at me. I drop the chick and run to the kerb, I hear a crunchy squish as a car takes out the baby bird . That has not stopped me from further adventures.
                        I would not shoot you for that.

Try not to cause a car accident, though.

I have been to the ER twice while working with Africanized bee hives, stung over a hundred times in both cases.

And I went right back to working with bees.

So you are not the only nature loving knucklehead.

Comment

Lets talk about tree rat. I try to go squirrel hunting every year. It's good fun. I will say, I don't like it just skint and then cooked over the fire. It's a little tough that way. The way I prefer is to take a bunch of them and toss them in a big freezer bag then fill it up with Italian dressing. Let it sit for a few days like that then toss it in the freezer. When it's time to eat, I prefer it in a brunswick stew. Pretty dang good.

Comment

They're bullshit though. I'm tired of supporting this toxic masculinity that leads to two brain dead knuckle-draggers cockfighting in a cage. What intelligence there, without these martial attitudes there'd be no war or violence in the world.

I'm away to do my kundalini yoga

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
                              Lets talk about tree rat. I try to go squirrel hunting every year. It's good fun. I will say, I don't like it just skint and then cooked over the fire. It's a little tough that way. The way I prefer is to take a bunch of them and toss them in a big freezer bag then fill it up with Italian dressing. Let it sit for a few days like that then toss it in the freezer. When it's time to eat, I prefer it in a brunswick stew. Pretty dang good.
                              Just about anything flesh, besides fish, needs to set long enough for the rigor mortis to go away IME.

Cooking warm, fresh-killed venison, for example, and it ends up being tasteless and very, very chewy. Better to go with heart or liver...

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                                LOL

Nice editing by the film maker

But hardly incontraveraable evidence

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X