Aikido and Ninjutsu rocks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Filipmania View Post
    I'm actually surprised by the amount of going at it without me this thread is having, considering I'm the OP.. new year's celebrations, etc
    Now some more faces I've semi-stalked through the other threads like BKR shown up, I'm honored(for real)

Michael Tzadok, not much to add to the "what's a technique part" tbh. I'm not exactly woe'd by ur certificate, I asked about the certification and was actually offered to go take the seminar and become an instructor if I wished to after 1 month of training, it was more important to keep training as is tho, I hear it happens with BJJ, Krav, ..., take the weekend course, boom you've changed your high school diploma(note that I'm not accusing u of this, just saying)
    So I'm assuming the gif and videos aren't the awesome stuff? in the gif the dude is I think demonstrating not bringing your arms back into the default position and instead carrying out connected consecutive attacks, maximizing the amount of hits. The vids are a classic
    I'm sure your battle instinct evolves over time, if anything by the sheer amount of experience, what people follow attacks with, ...

kimjonghng, never mind, I wasn't saying u were, I was trying to clarify that I don't hold things against Judo but apparently we got into a "who said what?" misunderstanding

Omega Supreme, I've actually watched this dude's videos, he was a bullshidoka fr, I subscribed to him because he's trying something obviously but
    from my point of view he was part of the problem, I did say something along the lines of(in the ss's that none read tho)
    Low level black belts(technically uncertified for teaching) having their own schools, acting smart without a lot of experience
    I mean he was openly selling what he considered then thin air after his defeat from the MMA guy, I mean it's great he's getting experience with other styles now as this is what a martial artist needs to do in order to use his martial art(O'sensei Morihei Ushiba certainly did, the apparently sole reason Aikido, Aiki-jujitsu still holds up) but he's apparently pushing himself into a corner with his thoughts.
    Anyways I'm glad this thread took a turn back to Aikido(and "Ninjers can kick your ass")

Edit:I'd like to use this chance to ask something probably obvious... where's the profile picture button?

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
      This Rokas guy is a gilipollas.

Edit. OP is a gilipollas too.

Comment

Michael Tzadok
        "Wow that is awesome. Aikido, Ninjutsu, Systema and RBSD all under one roof. There has to be some sort of Bullshido tag or award for that."

Ninjutsu? where? what?
        What's RBSD, I google every style that someone mentions/has in their profile here but for this.. I wasn't really sure if what google said is.. related to martial arts at all

hungryjoe
        "Systema? How often do you train against a fully resisting opponent? Never. It is what it is.
        Go train in something that pressure tests YOU.
        Know that the majority of those posting in this thread have far more experience than you or your instructors. As in time in training."

Every 2cnd training I suppose >.> I've been in Systema somewhat longer than two years btw,
        I am, in this thread I've mentioned how our training consists of (among other things) all the members ganging up one one
        attacking in whatever free-style they choose, heavier than you partners and generally uncomfortable positions for you to get out of(or breathe out of depends)
        There's no "easy&comfortable" training
        More training experience than me? most likely, than my instructor(s)? hardly.. black belt in various styles including Karate and JJJ, 20 years in Aikido, less than in Aikido for Systema... idk
        also what.. pay to play hall of fame

""He dug up Omega's YouTube channel and pro fights? Yup. This is HM. We can all go home now."
        Yup. Visitor message left leaves one to wonder."

Is this.. something about me? since I did leave you a reply to your visitor message

Omega Supreme
        Idk but I feel obliged to read everything if I wish to add something

DCS
        "This Rokas guy is a gilipollas.
        Edit. OP is a gilipollas too."

When does one.. stop being inexperienced? Wait don't tell me, I have to go to a tournament(probably MMA) and tape the whole thing?
        Last edited by Filipmania; 1/03/2019 7:37pm, .

Comment

When does one.. stop being inexperienced?
          First correct answer:

When you actually get the shit beat out of you several thousand times, and learn to not only survive but catch those that also really know how to beat the shit out of people while they are trying to beat the shit out of you.

Second correct answer:

Never. By the time you are experienced you are broken physically and starting to lose your mental facilities too.

In any case, you train Aikido and Systema, and neither one of those arts can be considered a foundational art for actual hand to hand combat except against untrained opponents or unless you catch somebody by surprise or where they are intoxicated.
          Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 1/03/2019 7:43pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
            This Rokas guy is a gilipollas.

Edit. OP is a gilipollas too.
            That is a word I have not seen or heard for a long time...

Comment

Been there in the first, but really know how to beat the shit out of others i.e trained is questionable, like who do you get into that kind of fight with and how unless you're asking for trouble

As much as I hate MMA culture I consider Systema MMA with no rules as it's an all-encompassing system, if you can train practically any martial art through it then why all the lowballing compared to the overly glorified MMA.
              If Aikido as an art sucks then O'sensei sucks too and while we're at it I might pull Judo and Jiu-Jitsu into it too since these are all derivations, cousins are friends, not food

Comment

Been there in the first, but really know how to beat the shit out of others i.e trained is questionable, like who do you get into that kind of fight with and how unless you're asking for trouble

As much as I hate MMA culture I consider Systema MMA with no rules as it's an all-encompassing system, if you can train practically any martial art through it then why all the lowballing compared to the overly glorified MMA.
                If Aikido as an art sucks then O'sensei sucks too and while we're at it I might pull Judo and Jiu-Jitsu into it too since these are all derivations, cousins are friends, not food
                "O'Sensei" was a con artist, a great demonstrator, a bit touched in the head, and attracted many gullible followers.

Comment

Very kind words

Comment

Very kind words
                    I never claimed nor promised to be kind.

Ironically, I consider Aikido a potentially useful exercise, in the right context, for the right reasons, and in the right dose.

Comment

Well while I do agree that the trainings help for physical fitness, I find it pathetic to try and get on your good side with that
                      Edit:I'm also a compulsive liar, I keep saying I'll be here in a couple of hours after sleep but I never am, I always come back in ~20-24
                      Last edited by Filipmania; 1/03/2019 8:12pm, .

Comment

Well while I do agree that the trainings help for physical fitness, I find it pathetic to try and get on your good side with that
                        Low impact physical fitness, a form of moving meditation, a study in kuzushi, and ukemi training are all you have got.

If you find that pathetic, then you find the truth pathetic.

I do not, because I consider all of those things to have worth, especially as an alternative to the couch.

But, Aikido is not for fighting, it is for stressing avoiding fights,

and/or for adding more subtle options on top of some one already extremely proficient in the more vulgar and effective methods.

Because fighting, more often than not, is vulgar, brutal, and often not subtle.
                        Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 1/03/2019 8:17pm, .

Comment

You got me wrong fam, I don't find the physical benefits pathetic.. I find the action of trying to get on your good side with this pathetic, i.e not sucking up, because I intend to hold my ground
                          vulgarity, brutality don't equal to effectiveness, all actions that we master we feel comfortable and relaxed doing, unlike the cool vision of tension and losing yourself in the pumping adrenaline to spill blood we all have, we're in a paradox

Comment

You got me wrong fam, I don't find the physical benefits pathetic.. I find the action of trying to get on your good side with this pathetic, i.e not sucking up, because I intend to hold my ground
                            vulgarity, brutality doesn't equal to effectiveness, all actions that we master we feel comfortable and relaxed doing, unlike the cool vision of tension and losing yourself in the pumping adrenaline to spill blood we all have, we're in a paradox
                            Holding a ground for its own sake is silly.

Nobody cares but you.

Nobody asked you to suck up, either.

Brutality is very effective.

So is avoidance.

Comment

Every 2cnd training I suppose >.> I've been in Systema somewhat longer than two years btw,
                              I am, in this thread I've mentioned how our training consists of (among other things) all the members ganging up one one
                              attacking in whatever free-style they choose, heavier than you partners and generally uncomfortable positions for you to get out of(or breathe out of depends)
                              There's no "easy&comfortable" training
                              More training experience than me? most likely, than my instructor(s)? hardly.. black belt in various styles including Karate and JJJ, 20 years in Aikido, less than in Aikido for Systema... idk
                              also what.. pay to play hall of fame
                              So you have live training where all members gang up on one? How many times have you been knocked out and/or beaten bloody in said training? How often is a person hospitalized due to injuries of said training? If that hasn't/doesn't happen(ed) with fair regularity can you explain why not, as it would be the logical result of that sort of training.

There are people here who have been training martial arts for over 30 years. You really need to understand the environment you are in.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                                So you have live training where all members gang up on one? How many times have you been knocked out and/or beaten bloody in said training? How often is a person hospitalized due to injuries of said training? If that hasn't/doesn't happen(ed) with fair regularity can you explain why not, as it would be the logical result of that sort of training.

There are people here who have been training martial arts for over 30 years. You really need to understand the environment you are in.
                                I think its plausible a room full of aikido and systema guys couldn't hurt someone. Its really not a stretch at all.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X