Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Filipmania View Post
    I would, http://www.samoodbrana.com
    unfortunately most of the content is in Serb but there's links to social media pages minus these two:
    https://www.facebook.com/sistema.trem/
    https://www.facebook.com/AikidoTremNis/

It's rather late, I haven't fully explored these links so you could consider me rather drunk for suggesting this but.. there's a related links part in the lower somewhat right side of the site, e.g
    https://www.aikido.rs/en/ (my kind of front page)
    See you in a couple of hours

p.s Vodka master race(I don't actually like it)
    Wow that is awesome. Aikido, Ninjutsu, Systema and RBSD all under one roof. There has to be some sort of Bullshido tag or award for that.

Comment

I would, http://www.samoodbrana.com
      unfortunately most of the content is in Serb but there's links to social media pages minus these two:
      https://www.facebook.com/sistema.trem/
      https://www.facebook.com/AikidoTremNis/

It's rather late, I haven't fully explored these links so you could consider me rather drunk for suggesting this but.. there's a related links part in the lower somewhat right side of the site, e.g
      https://www.aikido.rs/en/ (my kind of front page)
      See you in a couple of hours

p.s Vodka master race(I don't actually like it)
      Thank you for the links. I do see you do not mention how many years you have invested in these styles.

I will tell you, aikido alone as a martial art is shit. There's some good stuff to be had but the training methodology sucks. Because compliantly trained. Not expecting you to believe the word of someone you don't know or haven't trained with.

The inclusion in any pay to play hall of fame is indicative of more bullshit. Why anyone would want to be associated with the likes of the World Martial Arts Hall of Fame is ludicrous. Unless one wants to belong to an inclusive group of bullshit wannabe bad asses.

Systema? How often do you train against a fully resisting opponent? Never. It is what it is.

Go train in something that pressure tests YOU.

Know that the majority of those posting in this thread have far more experience than you or your instructors. As in time in training.

Welcome to the site. Grow a thick skin, don't be an ass hat and you'll likely fare well here.

Comment

He dug up Omega's YouTube channel and pro fights? Yup. This is HM. We can all go home now.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
          Yeah, I get it. Hence I keep bringing up agility, balance, speed, coordination training as maybe being more important, or at least something you should also do besides lifting. It's free too, you can design your own program.

I get that you back was hurting you and you lost strength.

The HIIT or pseudo-Tabata type training can incorporate the ABCs as well as get you functionally stronger, etc.
          I'll see what I can do. I'll ask Austin Vanderford about mobility drills since he and Paige seem to do a lot of it. Also looking at getting a pull-up bar for my room.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
            He dug up Omega's YouTube channel and pro fights? Yup. This is HM. We can all go home now.
            Yup. Visitor message left leaves one to wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
              Interesting video. What happened at 1:11 ?
              I'm also rather surprised that someone with Kadochnikov's background would be against sparring - competition I might be able to understand, but surely he'd understand the importance of sparring? Are you sure about that part?

Comment

Originally posted by Guird View Post
                Interesting video. What happened at 1:11 ?
                I'm also rather surprised that someone with Kadochnikov's background would be against sparring - competition I might be able to understand, but surely he'd understand the importance of sparring? Are you sure about that part?
                1:11 is an interesting bit of Kadochnikov history. I've said this elsewhere on the forums but I'll repeat it again. So the Kadochnikov Group(that's what they were called) were a bunch of researchers, Mathematicians, Engineers, Physicists, Psychologists and Martial Artists. They started as a blue sky project. Could a man really do back flips over speeding cars while accurately returning fire with a full auto weapon like in American movies... Don't know but they were going to find out(turns out not without a very specialized program and a few well concealed trampolines and preset targets that don't vary in location or distance). So in that they saw mentalists that could seemingly put people to sleep with very light touches and even no touches at all. Not psychic energy or chi(the former because they could find no evidence of it and the latter because scientific atheism). They understood that they were seeing a psychological phenomenon not supernatural one, but they wanted to test to see if it could be weaponized(short answer is that it couldn't).

However, that didn't stop them from putting on demonstrations then and now about how easy it is to get a willing group of people to do crazy stuff, even if they are skeptics to start. In longer courses it was, and I believe still is part of the training, though I never learned how to do the puppet string thing, I did learn how to convince a group of people to fall to "throws" that on the grounds of physics should never work, and then point out to them that they were beaten by their own minds, and try to condition them against such things. For it to work on the willing is easy, for it to work on skeptics that is where we really start getting into sport psychology and whether you are losing a fight because that is what you are supposed to do. So 1:11 if I'm not mistaken is one of their demonstrations about just how far down that rabbit hole you can go. If you go to one of their 10week camps, you are being instructed for like 12 hours per day. You really can't physically perform all of that time, so they take you on some really crazy and interesting intellectual rides, and some of it goes ad absurdum. Arguably this may be one of those things, though the lessons learned their have made me a much less compliant partner, and also to recognize when my training partners and students are being compliant. In short it made me a better training partner and coach which is the point of one of those 10week camps.

As far as the sparring thing. Yes I am quite sure, he writes exactly that in all of his manuals about how they are not Martial Artists of Sportsmen.

Comment

Also looking at getting a pull-up bar for my room.
                  That's the best thing I've heard all day! Do it!!

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                    I must be part Russian, because my warm-up routine includes vodka.
                    Polish..... Wodka is Polish, not Russian.

Comment

Oh, and a little relevant to the thread: My Kung Fu brother trains all over the place. He is very active in the ROSS system and Scot Sonnen's stuff. Which by the way they had a Sambo roll in Panama City a couple weekends ago which Sambo Steve showed up to. Haven't heard from him in a long time (R.I.P. ASA).

Comment

I'll see what I can do. I'll ask Austin Vanderford about mobility drills since he and Paige seem to do a lot of it. Also looking at getting a pull-up bar for my room.
                        My thirteen-year-old son was cranking out chin-ups on the bar in the doorway to his room last night.

You can do it!

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                          My thirteen-year-old son was cranking out chin-ups on the bar in the doorway to his room last night.

You can do it!
                          I have two pull up bars in two doors in my house. One going into my 14 year old's room and the other going into my 12 year old's room. I also have some rings hanging outside. And yep, both of my kids were doing pull ups on their's last night. And actually my 2 year old can do a pullup and a half. Whenever we do workouts, he makes sure he is in the mix and has to get some reps in.

Comment

Well I ordered an iron gym. I'll try to get some in every day from here on out.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
                              I have two pull up bars in two doors in my house. One going into my 14 year old's room and the other going into my 12 year old's room. I also have some rings hanging outside. And yep, both of my kids were doing pull ups on their's last night. And actually my 2 year old can do a pullup and a half. Whenever we do workouts, he makes sure he is in the mix and has to get some reps in.
                              Mine sleep in the same room at our apartment as it's only a two-bedroom place, so have to share the chin-up bar although my older son is more concerned with rehabbing his knee. He has been going and lifting weights at school now that they have the training room open again. He's gotten to the point now we're doing squats don't causes fix'd knee any pain. Is pretty stoked about that.

Sun Number 2 is on basketball practice Hiatus because the coach, who is the principal of the elementary school is on vacation with his family. They should be again next week.

I think my work is almost done in a sense they're both working out on their own waking me up early to take them to the high school weight room.

I haven't got them into the interval type training yet though.

We'll see how that goes.

Comment

I'm actually surprised by the amount of going at it without me this thread is having, considering I'm the OP.. new year's celebrations, etc
                                Now some more faces I've semi-stalked through the other threads like BKR shown up, I'm honored(for real)

Michael Tzadok, not much to add to the "what's a technique part" tbh. I'm not exactly woe'd by ur certificate, I asked about the certification and was actually offered to go take the seminar and become an instructor if I wished to after 1 month of training, it was more important to keep training as is tho, I hear it happens with BJJ, Krav, ..., take the weekend course, boom you've changed your high school diploma(note that I'm not accusing u of this, just saying)
                                So I'm assuming the gif and videos aren't the awesome stuff? in the gif the dude is I think demonstrating not bringing your arms back into the default position and instead carrying out connected consecutive attacks, maximizing the amount of hits. The vids are a classic
                                I'm sure your battle instinct evolves over time, if anything by the sheer amount of experience, what people follow attacks with, ...

kimjonghng, never mind, I wasn't saying u were, I was trying to clarify that I don't hold things against Judo but apparently we got into a "who said what?" misunderstanding

Omega Supreme, I've actually watched this dude's videos, he was a bullshidoka fr, I subscribed to him because he's trying something obviously but
                                from my point of view he was part of the problem, I did say something along the lines of(in the ss's that none read tho)
                                Low level black belts(technically uncertified for teaching) having their own schools, acting smart without a lot of experience
                                I mean he was openly selling what he considered then thin air after his defeat from the MMA guy, I mean it's great he's getting experience with other styles now as this is what a martial artist needs to do in order to use his martial art(O'sensei Morihei Ushiba certainly did, the apparently sole reason Aikido, Aiki-jujitsu still holds up) but he's apparently pushing himself into a corner with his thoughts.
                                Anyways I'm glad this thread took a turn back to Aikido(and "Ninjers can kick your ass")

Edit:I'd like to use this chance to ask something probably obvious... where's the profile picture button?
                                You're assuming I've read all these posts. I haven't. I've been on this site for nearly 16 years. I'm sick and tired of of all these Aikido this and Ninja for real talks. If you are doing something and it is working for you knock yourself out. Unless you have actual proof though, like video, I'm going to assume you're full of shit. I just thought I'd drop this video buy to contribute to whatever conversation you guys are having.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X