Aikido and Ninjutsu rocks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKR View Post
    I suspect that's mostly because you were not that Physically Active as a kid Never Had any gymnastics,

Try to get professional help with your gymnastics.

Yeah I know money but you're going to have to pay for that Brazilian breakdancing.

So remember what I wrote while back about trying to get strong and s*** when your uncoordinated and inflexible and not agile?
    Currently lifting is free. And I do spend time stretching. Fuck I wish I had done something when I was younger.

Comment

You guys are obviously still overcompensating for the fact that the ninjers can kick your asses. I know it's embarrassing, but for fucks sake take it like a man.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
        Surfers,roller-bladers and skate boarders do very well at Bjj because of this. The immense amount of balance,body control and spacial awareness makes learning new Skills easier. Yoga,gymnastics and break dancing are also great bases.
        Yep, no doubt about that, same for Judo, wrestling, or just about any other whole-body focused activity.

It's all about the base of physical literacy that one has already developed before entering the activity. The better it is, the faster the learning process of new physical activities.
        Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
          Currently lifting is free. And I do spend time stretching. Fuck I wish I had done something when I was younger.
          Yeah, I get it. Hence I keep bringing up agility, balance, speed, coordination training as maybe being more important, or at least something you should also do besides lifting. It's free too, you can design your own program.

I get that you back was hurting you and you lost strength.

The HIIT or pseudo-Tabata type training can incorporate the ABCs as well as get you functionally stronger, etc.
          Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Comment

I'm actually surprised by the amount of going at it without me this thread is having, considering I'm the OP.. new year's celebrations, etc
              Now some more faces I've semi-stalked through the other threads like BKR shown up, I'm honored(for real)

Michael Tzadok, not much to add to the "what's a technique part" tbh. I'm not exactly woe'd by ur certificate, I asked about the certification and was actually offered to go take the seminar and become an instructor if I wished to after 1 month of training, it was more important to keep training as is tho, I hear it happens with BJJ, Krav, ..., take the weekend course, boom you've changed your high school diploma(note that I'm not accusing u of this, just saying)
              So I'm assuming the gif and videos aren't the awesome stuff? in the gif the dude is I think demonstrating not bringing your arms back into the default position and instead carrying out connected consecutive attacks, maximizing the amount of hits. The vids are a classic
              I'm sure your battle instinct evolves over time, if anything by the sheer amount of experience, what people follow attacks with, ...

kimjonghng, never mind, I wasn't saying u were, I was trying to clarify that I don't hold things against Judo but apparently we got into a "who said what?" misunderstanding

Omega Supreme, I've actually watched this dude's videos, he was a bullshidoka fr, I subscribed to him because he's trying something obviously but
              from my point of view he was part of the problem, I did say something along the lines of(in the ss's that none read tho)
              Low level black belts(technically uncertified for teaching) having their own schools, acting smart without a lot of experience
              I mean he was openly selling what he considered then thin air after his defeat from the MMA guy, I mean it's great he's getting experience with other styles now as this is what a martial artist needs to do in order to use his martial art(O'sensei Morihei Ushiba certainly did, the apparently sole reason Aikido, Aiki-jujitsu still holds up) but he's apparently pushing himself into a corner with his thoughts.
              Anyways I'm glad this thread took a turn back to Aikido(and "Ninjers can kick your ass")

Edit:I'd like to use this chance to ask something probably obvious... where's the profile picture button?

Comment

Originally posted by Filipmania View Post
                I'm actually surprised by the amount of going at it without me this thread is having, considering I'm the OP.. new year's celebrations, etc
                Now some more faces I've semi-stalked through the other threads like BKR shown up, I'm honored(for real)

Michael Tzadok, not much to add to the "what's a technique part" tbh. I'm not exactly woe'd by ur certificate, I asked about the certification and was actually offered to go take the seminar and become an instructor if I wished to after 1 month of training, it was more important to keep training as is tho, I hear it happens with BJJ, Krav, ..., take the weekend course, boom you've changed your high school diploma(note that I'm not accusing u of this, just saying)
                So I'm assuming the gif and videos aren't the awesome stuff? in the gif the dude is I think demonstrating not bringing your arms back into the default position and instead carrying out connected consecutive attacks, maximizing the amount of hits. The vids are a classic
                I'm sure your battle instinct evolves over time, if anything by the sheer amount of experience, what people follow attacks with, ...

kimjonghng, never mind, I wasn't saying u were, I was trying to clarify that I don't hold things against Judo but apparently we got into a "who said what?" misunderstanding

Omega Supreme, I've actually watched this dude's videos, he was a bullshidoka fr, I subscribed to him because he's trying something obviously but
                from my point of view he was part of the problem, I did say something along the lines of(in the ss's that none read tho)
                Low level black belts(technically uncertified for teaching) having their own schools, acting smart without a lot of experience
                I mean he was openly selling what he considered then thin air after his defeat from the MMA guy, I mean it's great he's getting experience with other styles now as this is what a martial artist needs to do in order to use his martial art(O'sensei Morihei Ushiba certainly did, the apparently sole reason Aikido, Aiki-jujitsu still holds up) but he's apparently pushing himself into a corner with his thoughts.
                Anyways I'm glad this thread took a turn back to Aikido(and "Ninjers can kick your ass")

Edit:I'd like to use this chance to ask something probably obvious... where's the profile picture button?
                So how are those psychic bubbles and no touch throws working out for you?
                Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Great, the other day I was going at it with some dude and my psychic abilities let me see through what he was thinking and there I stood in awe... "Hey Filip you ever think about cocks?, like we all have cocks, imagine doing a spin move and your cock goes all dance mode, you spin me right round" after reading those thoughts I put my guard down but he followed with a kick to the face, it's a blessing and a curse.. fortunately the kick slide off my face

How's the Pramek? sounds a lot like Systema(Minimizing movements, maximizing efficiency), notice the reverse proportion

Comment

Originally posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
                    OK.

I am just telling you that some grapplers do Circus warm up routines. Some even stretch.

Not me.

But I am am middle aged, salty, and am more prone to drink cheap beer and/or drink whiskey, carry iron, and tell people to get off my yard.
                    I must be part Russian, because my warm-up routine includes vodka.
                    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Perchance I missed it, would you be so kind as to provide info on your training in Systema and aikido? As in where and for how long.
                      Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                        I must be part Russian, because my warm-up routine includes vodka.
                        There is nothing made with vodka that isn't better with a good tequila. Bloody Marias come to mind.
                        Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                          There is nothing made with vodka that isn't better with a good tequila. Bloody Marias come to mind.
                          My favorite is with gin, and no horseradish.
                          Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Great, the other day I was going at it with some dude and my psychic abilities let me see through what he was thinking and there I stood in awe... "Hey Filip you ever think about cocks?, like we all have cocks, imagine doing a spin move and your cock goes all dance mode, you spin me right round" after reading those thoughts I put my guard down but he followed with a kick to the face, it's a blessing and a curse.. fortunately the kick slide off my face

How's the Pramek? sounds a lot like Systema(Minimizing movements, maximizing efficiency), notice the reverse proportion
                            I feel like I'm trying to explain the differences between astrophysics, astronomy and astrology to a dumb duck.
                            Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

I would, http://www.samoodbrana.com
                              unfortunately most of the content is in Serb but there's links to social media pages minus these two:
                              https://www.facebook.com/sistema.trem/
                              https://www.facebook.com/AikidoTremNis/

It's rather late, I haven't fully explored these links so you could consider me rather drunk for suggesting this but.. there's a related links part in the lower somewhat right side of the site, e.g
                              https://www.aikido.rs/en/ (my kind of front page)
                              See you in a couple of hours

p.s Vodka master race(I don't actually like it)

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                                I feel like I'm trying to explain the differences between astrophysics, astronomy and astrology to a dumb duck.
                                Figured you might get triggered if I did that, but really

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X