No announcement yet.

Aikido and Ninjutsu rocks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filip, please read my comment again, I didnt suggest anyone trashed anything

Comment

Originally posted by Filipmania View Post
      "believes in the absence of technique or defined attack and defense chains/combinations"
      Well is he not right? we know "techniques" as movement combinations, and he shows the movement(s) and the possible combination(s) but every time you change even the angle it's a somewhat different technique, if you explicitly memorize defined patterns you wont adapt to your opponent, if not you can play and change styles on the go based on your instinct and learned level, muscle memory, etc
      You have no idea what a technique is, if you really think that. Take the jab or cross, both from boxing/combat sambo/Kadochnikov system/any striking system. No matter where you learn it, or how it is explained, it is going to be the same. You are going to try, as much as possible to make a straight line of force from your drive leg, up through your body, along the vector of your arm and into your target. That is a technique. Final angle on that doesn't matter. Sure your opponent is going to move, which is why you train alive.

In grappling a single leg is a single leg no matter... Every grappling sport has them, and they all look the same, because it is a proven technique.

Then you get to Systema and you see stuff like this:

Now as far as instinct goes... Well instinct tends to be wrong the majority of the time. Humans have been apex predators for more than 10,000 years. For the last few thousand Darwin has been more or less written out of the equation. Unlike say, birds of prey. Take your raptor of choice, doesn't really matter, those are birds that are born to fly(that's actually kinda silly since well, they are birds... but you get the drift). Funny thing is 70% of the raptors born in any given year will die within their first year from crashing while flying due to bad instincts. Attrition rate for other animals can be up over 90% due to bad instincts. Bro, when your instincts give you at best a 30% chance of success, you really don't want to rely on your instincts.

If there are videos of your Systema guys doing the awesome please post them. BTW, I guess I should tell you, because clearly you don't care to hunt around the forum, back in '05 I was given an instructor cert by Ryabko himself, so... I've gone about as far down the Systema rabbit hole as you can.
      Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Anybody been hit by the fat guy?

Comment

Originally posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
          I have been hit by a couple fat guys. Which is really strange cause I have the most wonderful personality.

... but not The Fat Guy. I tried, unsuccessfully, to get in on that train for a number of years but resources and timing kept me away from learning the Grande One's secret sauce. I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to learn his Healing and Giggle Strikes.

Comment

Yes. What would you like to know?

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
              I have been hit by a couple fat guys. Which is really strange cause I have the most wonderful personality.

... but not The Fat Guy. I tried, unsuccessfully, to get in on that train for a number of years but resources and timing kept me away from learning the Grande One's secret sauce. I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to learn his Healing and Giggle Strikes.
              Anybody have short rolodex to him?

I would like him to hit me, and I would gladly either train or roll with him, as he chooses, and report back.

We seem to circle on this person, but until he lays hands on one of us, it is so much @#$%^/.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post

Then you get to Systema and you see stuff like this:

My great god beside!
                What is that man doing to Bob!
                Bob!
                Bob!
                Step off line Bob!!!!
                Just fucking step off line!!
                NOOOO Bob!!!!!
                Don't just stand there while he goes full on _ing _un on your stationary hiney!
                No Bob!

Comment

victim patient starts to gag. This will clear and heal the lungs.

Comment

Yes. What would you like to know?
                    How hard does he hit?

Is his uke faking the fall back, or is he a hard hitter?

And, what can you do to get me an audience to get him by him if he is really a hard hitter?

Comment

How hard does he hit?

Is his uke faking the fall back, or is he a hard hitter?
                      He's a 500lb+ man who can punch/shove you a bit, but his strikes largely lack penetration. There is his wind up and blast you in the solar plexus thing that hurts some, but I've seen guys pull that same trick with two fingers.

If you can shrug off the mentalist tricks, his strikes are quite underwhelming. If not... He doesn't even have to touch you to knock you down.

Comment

So ... i see their ukemi has gotten even more ridiculous since I checked last.
                        We do almost the same falling and rolling methods in Sambo, a lot of it is from gymnastics. It can make the pure Judo guys nervous when they drop in for a class

Comment

victim patient starts to gag. This will clear and heal the lungs.
                          BFM... Given your medical history, if you have actually tried this(which I really hope you didn't) please drop me a note and let me know you're ok.

Comment

It is my understanding that he hits pretty hard. Especially against compliant, relaxed and not fighting people... I also here tale that he is one of the most amazing fighters ever... as long as he not forced to participate in any form of activity which could remotely be connected with an increase in cardiovascular activity.
                            Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 1/01/2019 6:13pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by halfcut View Post
                              We do almost the same falling and rolling methods in Sambo, a lot of it is from gymnastics. It can make the pure Judo guys nervous when they drop in for a class
                              Does not seem like best practices at all.

Comment

BFM... Given your medical history, if you have actually tried this(which I really hope you didn't) please drop me a note and let me know you're ok.
                                I am fine but I don't think my neighbors guinea pig is tho. I am a little sore and need a shower. Blood and guinea pig poop all over my chest and clothes.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X