Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christmas Spirit View Post
    Nah, first thing I checked.
    IP does not lead to Jersey just his methodology and mindset.
    Holy Moment or W. Rabbit could be on vacation, though.

OP, it sounds like performing rudimentary calisthenics on a regular basis would've given you the same benefits that you got from ninjutsu and Aikido.
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post

OP, it sounds like performing rudimentary calisthenics on a regular basis would've given you the same benefits that you got from ninjutsu and Aikido.
      Performing rudimentatry calisthenics on a regular basis is like 3/4 of Systema these days. It's the perfect martial art for you. Push-ups, sit ups and bicep curls. Give up that pansy wrestling nonsense.
      Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Yeah it could be Holy Moment or Wabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by Filipmania View Post
          So tbh I didn't really know where to post and this category seems like the best one, since I might as well be dead already by putting up this title and it's time to die again
          I found this site a while back and bullshido became my expressive answer to all sots of random shit lol but.. more to the point:
          I got interested in reading what's going on here and practically a group of the same people are constantly at my entire martial art experience and may or may not wait for someone to get butthurt and fight them, so here I am and I'm ready to get on people's nerves by being an anti-west fag :P.
          I know I'm basically replying to years old threads but the site recommended me those.

My martial arts foundation is Ninjutsu(+some a little Aikido I did as a kid&a couple of Aikido classes during Ninjutsu itself)
          I've been learning it for ~5 years(sorry to disappoint any rank pump hype but 7th kyu is my last given ranking lol, our instructor, 5.5th dan was really against promoting us for shit and giving empty ranks like it was done to him, said that we at this rank learning what he was post 1st dan)
          So i've been there until my instructor got me transferred to Systema(apparently another looked down martial art in here but I'll get to that later) which I'm learning for 2 years
          My Systema instructor also holds Aikido, 5th dan(To my knowledge Karate foundation, black belt and also a Jujitsu black belt) so out of interest I enrolled at his Aikido dojo too.
          So that's a bit of my background now for the actual part.. why these arts don't suck.

Passive Ninjutsu:
          -Ukemi from Ninjutsu has saved my ass many times, practically every time I'd slip I unconsciously fell in a way to be unharmed, more often than not I'd also regain my stable position even if I got sent flying... experienced ice runner right here rofl, we also got a little into walking techniques on training which may or may not be a reason I'm comfortable on ice.

-Years of having techniques done on me like omote/ura gyaku and the overall emphasis on flexibility Ninjutsu has well.. basically made me that, flexible, to the point that when I visited an Aikido dojo inexperienced Aikidoka were literally unable to put me in wrist lock while I was submissive and throw me, the instructor had to show them the "street version" after he too failed to throw me easy-going. I can also put my leg behind my head but this is more of a joke addition to this :PP combat flexibility is important

Active Ninjutsu:
          I've actually pressure tested my skills since 1-2 months of training, school bully kind of thing and I was the "weak kid" so it wasn't a real fight tbh but I got him into a corner with follow upping Ninjutsu direct strikes

Sooo basically at the end point my internet crashed and I noticed so I took ss's of what I wrote, the text got auto restored to "Active Ninjutsu".. I was pretty lazy So I'll just dump the ss's
          i67.tinypic.com/mazzt3.jpg
          i63.tinypic.com/2gy134w.jpg
          Too bad I have 4 points and not 5

Ok as someone with double your time in Bujinkan Ninjutsu who is glad it is no longer in my training and has some minimal exposure to aikido....I'll bite.

You and I are of the same opinion on Ninjutsu's ukemi. We practiced this a lot, and it has helped me when I have fallen badly, and Ive saved myself doing so. In fact, I found it translated really well to my Judo.

While I dont believe your gloats about punking an aikido instructor, that is a hilarious mental image.

School bullys are not adequate or comparable to showing how 'tested' your techniques are. Find someone who can actually fight.

I will say one thing though. Ninjutsu's overall basics in terms of gripping gi's rolling and breakfalling, at least in my experience, translate to the basics of Judo very well. I believe this is due to the jujitsu connection. I would recommend if you are interested in japanese arts and want to fight, you can use Judo to get a strong idea of where you stand, and possibly make your body stronger, which will carry over to your ninjutsu if you decide to keep doing it.

You could also save yourself having an extra pussified art by dropping aikido, since everything good about that art is in Judo already. You just get proper resistence for those 'real fights' with the real bullies.

Systema however, I would like to ask what variation you learn, as there are as many Systema's as there are organisations to my knowledge. Some art more like MMA, some more Aikido, some very Sambo. Can you supply information on the org and who is the head of it so we can give feedback?

Comment

So is this going to help with more ninjutsu and 'whats wrong with' videos?

Comment

Push-ups
              No.

Sit ups
              No.

and bicep curls.
              Yes.
              Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

My ukemi skills go to eleven.
                Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by Hannukah Hairy View Post
                  Everyone should though. They are comedic gold. The short of his argument is that Ninjutsu is legit because it works against Aikido, and Aikido is legit because it works against Systema. It's like the Special Olympics of Martial Arts, except that the competitors in the Special Olympics really have no other options, when in reality there are so many martial arts that work better than those three. Tai Chi and ?ing ??un come to mind.

EDIT:
                  OP please type out your original posts here. That way people who don't want to visit shady sites with even shadier monetitization pop ups can also enjoy your comedic genius.
                  Now this is bullshido, I didn't ever say I only tested Ninjutsu against Aikido
                  Saying that I used Aikido to beat Systema is bullshit too because Systema is an umbrella term, while common techniques and exercises exist(technically it's only the principles+whatever) you can use whatever you want, I incorporated Aikido in my Systema sparing, it isn't rare that we use e.g Muay Thai too, the goal is defense from real situations in which you could get attacked in all sorts of ways
                  I'll attempt to use a picture to text converter if not I guess I'll do it the hard way

kimjonghng my goal wasn't to "punk" the Aikido instructor, I've trained in his dojo for ~2 months and see him around every so-so at Japan culture/martial arts events, it's what happened, I could bring a witness but it only amounts to hearsay on the internet or if you like a video sometime
                  Hard to find a "real fighter" tbh, I only have some school&street experience outside of dojo sparring and mostly everyone on the street who attacks for no reason is untrained. Also did some sparring with TKD and Wing Chun trainees cuz they were my friends and thought they could take me and the aikido&boxing dude.

While I am thinking about going to a couple Judo classes I'm really more interested in a combat art, not a combat sport, through Aikido I'm pursuing Daito ryu aiki-jujitsu because we also do that, I don't really like what I hear from people who went to Judo tho, I got the impression the lethal Jujitsu techniques were excluded all together except for a single waza category and that in Aikido it was adapted to be non-lethal(e.g the kote gaeshi throw got it's 90 degree angle that breaks bones switched to about 135 with a push in that direction of the attacker causing instability, you probably know this direction from Ninjutsu). And anyway I don't train Bujinkan Ninjutsu anymore for years

Our instructor does a mix between Vasiliev and Kadochnikov styles
                  Take a look I guess, most of the content is in Serbian so I don't know if you'll need anything more than where the vids are shared, the same org does Aikido too if you didn't read
                  https://www.facebook.com/sistema.trem/
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/SkolaBorenjaTrem/videos

Hannukah Hairy While i didn't exactly read through the entire thread you linked for now it's basically only been pressure testing and the rather insane mentality of those Ninjas, damn, even keyboard warriors need to take a break, hey it's new years lol
                  Yeah, happy new years to everyone
                  Last edited by Filipmania; 12/30/2018 5:41pm, .

Comment

Judo is as much a combat art as it is a sport mate. You’re not going to find much closer to combat that some actively trying to throw you whilst refusing to be moved. A good judo club will also teach its non sport elements. I’ll read more on the systems lineages tomorrow need to sleep right now

Comment

Good night then.
                      Suit urself, I'm not explicitly trying to trash it, I'll try it but I believe in my instructor lol I also believe in being the difference, it'd be so cheesy if I end up trashing Aikido too

Comment

Originally posted by Hannukah Hairy View Post
                        It's like the Special Olympics of Martial Arts,
                        Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by mostlymike View Post
                          Well done!
                          Can we get Mike a "Reads more, posts less" tag?

Comment

Even the legitimate Systema you find is going to be weird. Kadochnikov is the main/official line and outside the small combatives piece it's not hugely applicable in a civilian context.

Comment

Originally posted by Filipmania View Post
                              Good night then.
                              Suit urself, I'm not explicitly trying to trash it, I'll try it but I believe in my instructor lol I also believe in being the difference, it'd be so cheesy if I end up trashing Aikido too
                              who said anything about trashing anything? I found honestly Judo addressed one of the biggest problems I had in confrontation recently: The competition and constant live sparring made me ready to deal with a real life assault. You can't get that with the compliant training aikido/ninjutsu/etc are known for because you wont be used to the adrenaline and panic.

Heck even in full contact settings I still like to see if I can pull off certain throws from the Bujinkan if I can get them off, or in kumite in karate, I might sneak in one of those striking blocks when I step off line. Sure that's not unique to a specific art, but I'm not an advocate for the idea of 'bad arts' at face value, just arts with flawed practice.

I guess it depends on what you want. I won't blindly validate your viewpoint without some critique, but ultimately you do you man.

Comment

Originally posted by Stocking Stuffer View Post
                                Even the legitimate Systema you find is going to be weird. Kadochnikov is the main/official line and outside the small combatives piece it's not hugely applicable in a civilian context.
                                What do you reckon to Retuinskih's System ROSS? I hear that's a lot more like Combat Sambo but I've seen it interchangeably referred to as a systema style.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X