BJMills
    http://www.tmamartialarts.com/ ??

Michael
    I just looked for the higher instructors lol
    2008, well I'm glad he goes into rings, probably went into some more by now
    I'll ask Kadochnikov when I see him tho

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
      You realize that none of the names that you mentioned were trained by Ryabko and Vasilieve right?

Vadim Starov... He calls Vasiliev and Ryabko frauds. Which is funny as he is a fraud himself. Vadim at least had the balls to do what none of the others have. Step in the ring against a somewhat real fighter and show how not well he did(though he still doesn't seem to fully comprehend that his no touch fighting didn't work).

If you want to know why Ryabko and Vasiliev are frauds ask Vadim. He still likes to show all the court records and military records and such. If you want to know why Vadim is a fraud ask Arkady Kadochnikov, he will gladly fill you in on the details of that one.
      The guy in the black shirt should have learned how to fight before stepping in the ring.

He had no business stepping into a ring.

He does not know how to fight.

I certainly would not give him an "amateur fighter" tag based on that "fight".

I would concede that he earned any of the following tags: "dumb ass", "human punching bag", "helpless target", "white belt", etc.

Comment

Murphy,

Isn't biomechanics something you have to know at least sub-consciously in physical violence
        I'm not aware of any completely standard Aikido curriculum but I did notice that our school follows a different program than one where my friend went in.
        I've already linked the site in the first pages. To my understanding we also do Daito Ryu, it's labelled "Aikijutsu" and sometimes our instructor(the same one from Systema) does something totally abstract to the curriculum

Regarding Vadim, I don't know the details but maybe it was his first time in the ring, either way a video with disabled comments is shady to me, I could translate the description tho

Comment

Originally posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
          The guy in the black shirt should have learned how to fight before stepping in the ring.

He had no business stepping into a ring.

He does not know how to fight.

I certainly would not give him an "amateur fighter" tag based on that "fight".

I would concede that he earned any of the following tags: "dumb ass", "human punching bag", "helpless target", "white belt", etc.
          Bill,

How dare you. You are talking about one of the world's greatest Systema masters. No seriously, you are talking about a true Systema master. This is the r3al that Filip here is telling us we should all recognize as awesome sauce.
          Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Bill,

How dare you. You are talking about one of the world's greatest Systema masters. No seriously, you are talking about a true Systema master. This is the r3al that Filip here is telling us we should all recognize as awesome sauce.
            Well, if that is what Systema is, then I would call it the art of getting the shit kicked out of you at the will of any trained or athletic opponent in actual fighting situations.

Comment

You do get I googled it on the spot for the yolo, I did look over the videos tho

Comment

Originally posted by Filipmania View Post
                Murphy,

Isn't biomechanics something you have to know at least sub-consciously in physical violence
                I'm not aware of any completely standard Aikido curriculum but I did notice that our school follows a different program than one where my friend went in.
                I've already linked the site in the first pages. To my understanding we also do Daito Ryu, it's labelled "Aikijutsu" and sometimes our instructor(the same one from Systema) does something totally abstract to the curriculum

Regarding Vadim, I don't know the details but maybe it was his first time in the ring, either way a video with disabled comments is shady to me, I could translate the description tho
                I am for studying biomechanics.

However, that is not sufficient for studying or learning how to fight.

There is also strategy, tactics selection, counter tactic offense, conditioning, being able to hurt someone, being able to minimize damage to oneself in an unstructured or less structured environment, and to endure damage when it occurs.

Learning how to psychologically deal with the socio-biological effect of having another social animal inflict real pain on you in an aggressive manner with malicious intent is it's own experience and process as well.

Regarding Daito Ryu, I suspect that the real Daito Ryu fighters who were actual scrappers did not reproduce themselves to new students well after World War II and their potential successors went into Judo, Kendo, or other arts instead.

That is a speculative comment, but it has foundation.

What we see nowadays as Aikido, Aikijutsu, and Daito Ryu is a historically preserved remnant, that has in some cases evolved to a commonly over formalized style of training that has little to do with training for real violence.

Don't get me wrong, there are still some training environments for Japanese Jiu-Jitsu outside of Judo (and of course including Judo) that have application for dealing with violence.

But, there was a lot of talent flow into Judo, Kyokushin Karate, other schools of Karate, and more recently Gracie Jiu-Jitsu.

And we cannot forget that Japan nowadays, by and large, loves...Baseball.

Martial arts of all kinds in Japan are perceived by the majority of Japanese people, outside of entertainment (movies, demonstrations, historical cultural preservation), like Americans view childhood gym class.

Comment

Originally posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
                  Well, if that is what Systema is, then I would call it the art of getting the shit kicked out of you at the will of any trained or athletic opponent in actual fighting situations.
                  Finally you understand why so many of us that have tried it are against it. It has lots of flashy demos, but that is what it looks like in a real fight.

For example

Though I have to admit, watching the looks on the face of the guy in the back in GB pants and UFC t-shirt is funny.

No funny faces to watch in this one

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

I refuse to nominate HM for dumbest post again. He already won it once. He should let someone else have it this year.

Comment

Finally you understand why so many of us that have tried it are against it. It has lots of flashy demos, but that is what it looks like in a real fight.

For example

Though I have to admit, watching the looks on the face of the guy in the back in GB pants and UFC t-shirt is funny.

No funny faces to watch in this one
                      Yes.

Although, a well trained black belt in Judo or Gracie Jiu-Jitsu or a Wrestler is going to get an entirely different experience of training some of the techniques or biomechanical studies from things like some of the Japanese Jiu-Jitsu styles than someone without that foundation.

Because half the problem is not that techniques from some of the other arts don't work, but that:
                      1) the people who practice those arts have not been stress tested,
                      2) the teachers who teach those arts have not been stress tested,
                      3) the techniques get watered down because people generationally forgot the real applications,
                      4) the people who practice those arts have no idea how to transition into the techniques when dealing with non-compliant ukes.

You can run through people at high level BJJ tournaments at the black belt level hitting wristlocks.

But, if you don't how to grapple that becomes exponentially improbable, particularly because you have no idea how to transition into them or deal with the other ranges, situations, or positions that may occur.

Don't get me wrong, there are some made up crap arts, and no shortage of ninjas of their own mind out there shoveling larp and nonsense.

But, there are things to be learned from Tai Chi, Aikido, etc, so long as one already knows how to fight really well, and is making a study of biomechanics to complement a very strong existing foundation.

For that matter, there is a tremendous amount of valuable insight from combat athletes taking a deep dive into the biomechanics of track and field events and gymnastics to learn how their bodies really work to generate maximum power with maximum efficiency.

I have avoided spending much time studying or looking into Systema for the same reason that I generally avoid spending time at ninjutsu schools.

I already know that I find high levels of larp annoying and high levels of gullibility depressing.

And, I don't consider it sporting to bring people out of the matrix by choking out their instructor and their top students in their room in front of all of their other students - although I am ashamed to say I made a practice of doing that throughout the nineties.

That being said, I know of at least one Aikido room in town that consists of a half dozen retired Judokas, each with an average of between 30 to 40 years of practicing and teaching Judo.

I like being in that room on a once a week basis, because they sprinkle Judo liberally into their class,

and I suffer through the Aikido, which is frankly not my cup of tea for the privilege of getting to be in the room with a half a dozen people who have been doing Judo longer than me,

and anybody that has that Judo credential is almost guaranteed to have an AARP card and be busted up as hell.

I am very used to having to earn door privileges to learn martial arts.

Interestingly, I see a lot of parallels between the Aikido techniques they practice and arm drags, as well as parallels with Judo.

Basically, they seek to use the connections of the arms to turn their opponents hip, and they may have different finishes, but what they are doing is not far off from the principles behind an arm drag and they are often in pre-finishing positions that resemble Russian two on one like positions, with different finishes.

And from a Judo perspective, they are catching their opponents balance, unbalancing them over a foot, and making their partner fall down.

And there is some falling practice.
                      Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 1/06/2019 2:30pm, .

Comment

I can't believe y'all are falling for it. It's someone that practices the two most derided "real" arts on this site that has intimate knowledge of the site's culture, threads that haven't been bumped for months, and the exact buttons to push to rile the regulars up. Literally he's saying the exact shit he knows will wind up the doctor and the rabbi. It's too perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                          I can't believe y'all are falling for it. It's someone that practices the two most derided "real" arts on this site that has intimate knowledge of the site's culture, threads that haven't been bumped for months, and the exact buttons to push to rile the regulars up. Literally he's saying the exact shit he knows will wind up the doctor and the rabbi. It's too perfect.
                          Except that I'm not riled up. I've known this was a troll job since page one. Even said I liked his style of trolling on the 11th post of this thread. I'm playing along because I get to talk shit on Systema, and not look like I'm flaming them while I do it. How knows some poor schmuck who actually thinks Systema is something might happen on this. I'm too old and poor to travel to Systema seminars to hope that I can get some sparring time with any of the masters anymore.

Comment

At least El Violador was funny.

Comment

I'm the Pinkman? for real? fuuuuck
                              except I'm half-serious all this time, sorry to disappoint but I really train Systema and Aikido, I did however.. really end up stalking threads, in a way I'm here for years.

It's genuinely interesting how much of an umbrella term Systema is, I'm familiar with at least a thing or two in every video posted here but there's also a lot more I've never seen.
                              Let's be honest, I'm tired to fight online anymore, will someone tell me where I missed the profile picture button lol... and where do I hop on the bandwagon next because I practically log to reply here
                              p.s Cool story bro for the Cardio beats RNC thread Michael, I didn't want to bump the thread

Comment

Originally posted by Filipmania View Post
                                I'm the Pinkman? for real? fuuuuck
                                except I'm half-serious all this time, sorry to disappoint but I really train Systema and Aikido,
                                evidence plz.
                                I did however.. really end up stalking threads, in a way I'm here for years.
                                good for you!!

It's genuinely interesting how much of an umbrella term Systema is, I'm familiar with at least a thing or two in every video posted here but there's also a lot more I've never seen.
                                Good for you!

Let's be honest, I'm tired to fight online anymore, will someone tell me where I missed the profile picture button lol... and where do I hop on the bandwagon next because I practically log to reply here
                                p.s Cool story bro for the Cardio beats RNC thread Michael, I didn't want to bump the thread
                                OK! Way to GO! Keep on being Awesome! You do you big Systema Aikido Man!
                                Woohoo!
                                *cheers*
                                Systema and you #1 big winner! You haz realz Systema and Aikido and Nimpo!
                                Wooohooo
                                *cheers*

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X