Aikido and Ninjutsu rocks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BJMills, WFMurphyPhD
    As if there isn't a possibility of live sparring and pressure testing in my arts, that I must turn to MMA/BJJ for "actual pressure testing" is the bias I've mentioned.
    Nonetheless I did actually agree to look for a MMA school if anyone didn't notice however even I don't expect to come back soon with anything, I got exams every 2nd day after Orthodox xmas(monday) and besides I need to adjust my time schedule as I don't wish to pause either Systema or Aikido and see where and how this would work(money isn't a problem, there is none)
    As far as the BJJ schools I know.. only the one where my instructor was offered to hold a seminar because the instructor there was impressed by his on-ground work, he declined because he teaches Systema :P

Michael
    I did basically get into Systema at the earliest time I could as my school didn't accept minors but I'm no instructor and these simulations aren't as extreme but this doesn't make them fake, we do get pushed into a corner and end up with bruises when we fail

Sad stories tbh but again, why am I not seeing a lot of ROSS in my searches, is it generalized under (Combat)Sambo? on youtube half of the videos have something like "Systema ROSS"
    Also how can you violate a patent for martial arts? considering how many various schools there are with any art, also aren't the old moves more of the time before Retuinskih left Kadochnikov

The implication is that Vlad doesn't improve himself, didn't he produce senior instructors tho?

Comment

Originally posted by Filipmania View Post
      As far as the BJJ schools I know.. only the one where my instructor was offered to hold a seminar because the instructor there was impressed by his on-ground work, he declined because he teaches Systema :P
      Name of the BJJ school and instructor offered to teach a seminar so that we can independently verify or I'm calling BS on this claim.

Michael
      I did basically get into Systema at the earliest time I could as my school didn't accept minors but I'm no instructor and these simulations aren't as extreme but this doesn't make them fake, we do get pushed into a corner and end up with bruises when we fail
      Earliest time? When was that? What year exactly?
      It does indeed make them fake. You get a false sense of security. You think you can stand and fight, when really you should be running.

Sad stories tbh but again, why am I not seeing a lot of ROSS in my searches, is it generalized under (Combat)Sambo? on youtube half of the videos have something like "Systema ROSS"
      I can't help it if you fail at google.

Also how can you violate a patent for martial arts?
      Vagaries of Russian Patent Law, also flat out plagiarizing a manual doesn't really help your case. Primarily because both the Kadochnikov System, and the ROSS system by association are not martial arts, they are training methodologies. Their catalog of techniques exist in other, proven effective, martial arts. It is how they train them from the ground up that is different, and apparently able to be patented under Russian Patent law.

considering how many various schools there are with any art, also aren't the old moves more of the time before Retuinskih left Kadochnikov
      Nope. There was only about a sixth month period from when the Kadochnikov system was declassified and the Soviet Union fell, which is roughly also the time that Retuinskih and Kadochnikov split. Yeltsin and his forced capitalism and all that.

The implication is that Vlad doesn't improve himself, didn't he produce senior instructors tho?
      Which, if any, match his skill level, or better yet exceed it. Name one. He's been doing this since 1993, so going on 26years, their ought to be someone. Any other legit combat sport, you will find that. Ask BKR, W.F.Murphy, Omega, any of the guys here that have been coaching combat sports for an extended period of time. Your students surpass you, or you suck as a teacher.

Comment

+1 to Michael’s post.

To quote a great movie, “the bullshit is piling up so fast around here you need wings to stay above it.”

Also, just to point out more of your ridiculous obfuscating, you don’t need to jump into a ring or cage to pressure test your aikido. Just have someone who is not your friend and fucking faking it to actually try to punch you and not get taken down. It’s far from

He’ll you’re in university. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was an open sparring group around for you to participate in.

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
          You had me until you mentioned affliction shirts. I would almost* take magic pants over affliction.

*well maybe not, but affliction is still for asshats.
          I like gaudy MMA walkout shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
            I like gaudy MMA walkout shirts.
            You live in Florida, of course you do!

Comment

Michael Tzadok
              Name of the BJJ school and instructor offered to teach a seminar so that we can independently verify or I'm calling BS on this claim.

Hell if I know, a friend of my Systema instructor(the one to whom it was offered to teach), I don't see how you could verify a seminar that never happened even if I did remember the precise school? and neither do I see what could I prove with it

2-3 years ago, when I was 18
              I'm getting mixed signals here again, is pressure testing trash or is it not unless your partners try to kill you?... or is it trash only since it's Systema(and I thought we were friends at this point :( )

I'm not failing at google, even in google there's only 2 results.. 1 entire result on facebook, no active groups as if none trains this

I don't flow around in high level instructor waters, I don't know any of his direct students, I've just heard them being referred to during training, I'd rather not pretend I know(or duckduckgo/google on the spot) and bs because it's more important to me what I'm learning on a day-to-day basis than what Vasiliev may or may not have done

BJMills
              The same friend(Boxing,Aikido) who's "fucking faking it" made me bleed multiple times, broke my glasses, whatnot.
              You mean like an university thing? those are mostly lazy asses, I only know one single martial artist(the friend, we enrolled together, different fields tho)
              Last edited by Filipmania; 1/05/2019 10:14pm, .

Comment

Michael Tzadok

Hell if I know, a friend of my Systema instructor(the one to whom it was offered to teach), I don't see how you could verify a seminar that never happened even if I did remember the precise school? and neither do I see what could I prove with it

I'm getting mixed signals here again, is pressure testing trash or is it not unless your partners try to kill you?... or is it trash only since it's Systema(and I thought we were friends at this point :( )

I'm not failing at google, even in google there's only 2 results.. 1 entire result on facebook, no active groups as if none trains this

BJMills
                The same friend(Boxing,Aikido) who's "fucking faking it" made me bleed multiple times, broke my glasses, whatnot.
                You mean like an university thing? those are mostly lazy asses, I only know one single martial artist(the friend, we enrolled together, different fields tho)
                The central conflict being a study of biomechanics, called a martial art, may have a very low probability of application in actual physical violence.

But, do what thou whilst.

Comment

Philipmania,

Go get yourself some judo, sambo or bjj.

I have, intentionally neglected to mention, the lowely rank of shodan in my posts. Yes, in aikido. Cause older and more broken downer. Cause life and being hammered upon. Things you'll not see with your current path of training. Cause, first and foremost, compliant training methodology.

In my forties started aikido. Morning class consisting mostly of our geritol group. Old guys who'd done other martial arts for many years. Eventually went back to judo. Cause, training methodology.

Go see someone who can help you see the light of day. You're bullshitting yourself. You can't, today, see it. We, who've been there, want our, if not money, time spent at the expense of time, back.

That said, aikido is not without worth. Just so limited on itself. Unless defending against wheel chair psychopath. If can do unbendable arm at hip level.

Comment

Michael Tzadok

Right so that was a BS claim. Thanks for proving that.

Not mixed signals. It is simple. If you train it realistically, you have to take it to a level wherein injury is possible.
                    You train firearms, that means simunitions.
                    You train knives, that means shock knives.
                    You train strikes, that means full power strikes. 1 person against multiple assailants, that will typically result in injury. Less than that though and you are training BS.

Yeah you are. Facebook too apparently.
                    https://www.facebook.com/frbiross/

I don't flow around in high level instructor waters, I don't know any of his direct students, I've just heard them being referred to during training, I'd rather not pretend I know(or duckduckgo/google on the spot) and bs because it's more important to me what I'm learning on a day-to-day basis than what Vasiliev may or may not have done
                    So you can't name any. Right. This just goes on.

BJMills
                    Wait. You train a combat sport with glasses on? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Comment

The most telling thing about Filipmania is that he doesn’t even realize how ridiculous the content of his posts are.

Comment

Much like savateur.

Comment

Murphy
                          So actual physical violence has to do with.. what? since you imply biomechanics i.e any technique is practically worthless

hungryjoe
                          Thanks for your experience, I did say a few times I have an interest in taking up Judo for a while but I don't think all Aikido is compliant but I'm very sad that your club was and that this is the general image of Aikido but geez do I have to go around issuing gong sau on Judo, Sambo, BJJ clubs? a joke but really, I don't have my hopes up for being shown the light tho I did say I will visit these clubs

Michael
                          I find it embarassing to call my instructor about those details so that I can win an internet debate, it wasn't me who was offered or me who knows, this I really can't do

Then there's no problem because of course injury is possible??? when did I ever say we never get hurt on training

I did actually find and like that page, it was the one I was reffering to but do notice that it's in cyrlic, РОСС

Alright then, this I can do
                          https://youtu.be/GbXeEPacF9E Sergei Ozhereliev
                          and some other big names like Vadim Starov, Val Riazanov
                          https://youtu.be/2PKfW2R6x_E they are considered good enough to be shown with Ryabkov and Vasiliev

No, I take them off during training but this was outside of training, half of the time I don't outside of training as I rely on being as I usually am, with glasses, I also do ukemi, rolls without losing them

BJMills, ghost55 nominate me for dumbest post then, if I thought what I was saying was ridiculous I wouldn't stand up for it

Comment

Originally posted by Filipmania;

BJMills, ghost55 nominate me for dumbest post then, if I thought what I was saying was ridiculous I wouldn't stand up for it
                            Thing is you’re really not the dumbest. You’re kind of middle of the road in terms of TMA ignorance.

Comment

Alright then, this I can do
                              https://youtu.be/GbXeEPacF9E Sergei Ozhereliev
                              and some other big names like Vadim Starov, Val Riazanov
                              https://youtu.be/2PKfW2R6x_E they are considered good enough to be shown with Ryabkov and Vasiliev

No, I take them off during training but this was outside of training, half of the time I don't outside of training as I rely on being as I usually am, with glasses, I also do ukemi, rolls without losing them

You realize that none of the names that you mentioned were trained by Ryabko and Vasilieve right?

Vadim Starov... He calls Vasiliev and Ryabko frauds. Which is funny as he is a fraud himself. Vadim at least had the balls to do what none of the others have. Step in the ring against a somewhat real fighter and show how not well he did(though he still doesn't seem to fully comprehend that his no touch fighting didn't work).

If you want to know why Ryabko and Vasiliev are frauds ask Vadim. He still likes to show all the court records and military records and such. If you want to know why Vadim is a fraud ask Arkady Kadochnikov, he will gladly fill you in on the details of that one.

Comment

Murphy
                                So actual physical violence has to do with.. what? since you imply biomechanics i.e any technique is practically worthless
                                I made no such implication.

And, physical violence has to with physical violence.

I will clarify my point for you: a study of biomechanics is often a very useful practice, but may not help you in actual violent situation,

especially against someone athletic, or trained to commit physical violence,

unless your study of biomechanics was coupled with live sparring under the supervision of a trained instructor using high percentage strategies and tactics (which are not part of the Aikido curriculum),

and under conditions where you had to do it while the other person was really firing some legitimate offence, defense, and counter offense back.

Bricks don't hit back, and neither do Aikido training partners who are providing enough energy into the system for your technique to be trainable (work),

but not so much that they are mutually trying to throw you as you are throwing them, or punch you in the face for real.

Part of the great insult to the historical Daito Ryu of Jiu-Jitsu, including many of the Aikido lineages,

is the tendency for many of the Aikido instructors to make exaggerated claims about the practice of Aikido being something that would in any way deal with a Wrestler, or Judoka, or Sambo grappler,

unless the Aikidoka was also a Wrestler, Judoka, or Sambo grappler, or unless they were also a very skilled striker.

And one of the chief offenders of making ridiculous claims that led to a world wide army of brainwashed cultists from those claims, was the founder of Aikido.

Lucky flukes can happen in any violent situation, but Aikido is not a violent art, it is most commonly practiced in a very non-violent way, and many of the Aikido techniques are designed against people doing very specific things, at a very specific range.

The best way to think of Aikido is:
                                1) As a low impact exercise, falling practice, and study of kuzushi from situations at the twice arms length,
                                2) As a polishing art for people with a very strong foundation in hard core grappling arts,
                                3) As a beautiful demonstration art,
                                4) As a "martial art" whose purpose is to remind people to try and get away rather than fight any more than they have to,
                                5) A potentially interesting complement to Japanese Kenjutsu arts or Japanese Kenjutsu situations,
                                6) A very popular Japanese Jiu-Jitsu lineage from Daito Ryu that underwent significant changes following World War II and the occupation that resulted in a much less violent and less realistic practice.
                                Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 1/06/2019 1:33pm, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X